Royal Wedding Day Preparations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissSimone

Commoner
City
Anonymous
Country
United States
If you were getting married to a prince...say like the uber-handsome Prince Felix of Luxembourg...are you obliged to wear a tiara or is it optional? What do you think goes on on the day of wedding...esp. if you are becoming a princess or a grand duchess? Can you imagine? lol

I think the ladies marrying princes normally get a special wedding tiara made for them? At least, I believe that's the case with the Danish RF. Anyway, why would you want to option out of wearing a tiara? Isn't the tiara one of the nice things about marrying royalty? ;) Some would say it's the whole point of marrying royalty! :D Other than the tiara thing, I imagine there's a whole lot of stuff to get ready. Even us commoners' weddings are big headaches. I can only imagine the amount of work and planning that goes into a royal one!

Oh, I do want to wear a tiara! I was just wondering...Lol And I believe the Princes wear Uniforms...right? I was just watching the wedding of Princess Diana and Prince Charles O_O So many People! If you are marrying a prince, do you have to get married in their home country? I think you do because of the people but I'm just wondering...

I would wear a tiara with my beautiful white wedding dress and stand by the side of my new husband and handsome prince.I know I would nervous too because of royalty from all the world is present.

Each Royal House has her own protocol, also regarding the tiaras. I example, in Royal House of Denmark the royal fiancee has the right to wear a tiara in the eve of her wedding (or may some days before the wedding). So CP Mary wore a tiara in the Opera in the celebration the day before her wedding.

On the opposite side, Royal House of Spain, CPrincess Letizia, could not wear a Tiara before her marriage so the firts day she wore a tiara it was IN the day of her wedding NOT before. You seee her in the Danish Royal wedding, one week before her own wedding and also in the eve of her wedding in the Pardo Palavce reception, with the stunning grey-silver dress, she did not wear a tiara. Since her wedding she regurarly wears tiaras.

The other question is . When the protocol allows you to wear a tiara, are you OBLIGED to do it???? NO IDEA

I think the ladies marrying princes normally get a special wedding tiara made for them? At least, I believe that's the case with the Danish RF.

Even us commoners' weddings are big headaches. I can only imagine the amount of work and planning that goes into a royal one!

Sorry to disappoint, but the Danes did not get new tiaras for their weddings, well the last two didnt at any rate. Mary's tiara was purchased for her, so it was new to the RF. Marie's belongs to the Queen.

Of Mary's tiara, from the official website:

The bride’s tiara is a gift from Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness the Prince Consort.

And of Marie's, from the royal families official website:

The tiara belongs to Her Majesty The Queen. It was a gift from the Queen’s parents, King Frederik and Queen Ingrid. Originally, the tiara belonged to Princess Dagmar (1890-1961), the youngest daughter of Frederik VIII and Queen Louise. In 1922 she married Master of the Royal Hunt Jørgen Castenskiold.

And yes even commoners weddings are headaches. A girlfriend of mine is getting married and I am to be her maid of honor, which I am thrilled about and grateful too but it is a bit of a prob because we live miles apart so she emails me a couple of times a day, which is great because I love being involved, but it does throw into the forefront for the both of us how far apart we are, a bit of a downer.

If you are marrying a prince, do you have to get married in their home country? I think you do because of the people but I'm just wondering...

I would assume MissSimone that most royal families would require it, especially of an hier to the throne. ;)

I wanna marry Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum! But I don't want a BIG royal wedding.. All I want is a small akad nikaah at the house & a small celebration at the Burj Al Arab.. That's my biggest wish.. I hope it will come true.. I'd be MORE than happy if it did.. :)

P.S. I attached pictures of a princess in Malaysia on her wedding day.. I want a wedding just like her's.. Simple and beautiful..

Picture Credit: flickr.com

Attachments

• 502270801_5ac05060a0_o.jpg
    502270801_5ac05060a0_o.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 308
  • 1406462558_d6673b1930_o.jpg
    1406462558_d6673b1930_o.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 292
Thanks for those photos, supergirl. I rememeber seeing those photos before and thinking the bride was beautiful.

First I have to inform Monsieur Odette that he is being replaced.:whistling:
Then I have to find a prince (second hand of course since the available ones are younger than I am):lol:
After that we need permission from the future royal in laws to give us their blessings. ;);)
Afterwards I have to get together with a French fashion house to sew me a lovely simple dress to wear for the big day...a tiara will be nice as well but will not be a deal breaker.........:wub:
When the date is set I will make sure to invite you all so we can have ourselves a big party the day before since after I get locked up in the Castle I will be busy learning the ropes and will not be able to come to the boards too often...............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I wonder if you get to choose your own dress. I could never wear a dress as poofy as Princess Diana's, lol.

not sure of protocol

Each Royal House has her own protocol, also regarding the tiaras. I example, in Royal House of Denmark the royal fiancee has the right to wear a tiara in the eve of her wedding (or may some days before the wedding). So CP Mary wore a tiara in the Opera in the celebration the day before her wedding.

On the opposite side, Royal House of Spain, CPrincess Letizia, could not wear a Tiara before her marriage so the firts day she wore a tiara it was IN the day of her wedding NOT before. You see her in the Danish Royal wedding, one week before her own wedding and also in the eve of her wedding in the Pardo Palace reception, with the stunning grey-silver dress, she did not wear a tiara. Since her wedding she regularly wears tiaras.

The other question is . When the protocol allows you to wear a tiara, are you OBLIGED to do it???? NO IDEA

I don't know that anyone is obliged to wear a tiara but I remember hearing that Sarah, the Duchess of York was not allowed to wear a tiara at the beginning of the ceremony as she wasn't a Duchess until the marriage. There were flowers covering her headpiece until after the signing of the register when she could remove the flowers revealing the tiara. Someone more familiar with sumptuary laws and protocol could answer that one for me.

I know that I would wear a tiara if not a full pageant crown if I got married again. I had a tiara shaped headpiece covered with pearls, crystals, and sequins the first time, resembled the Russian-style kokoshnik. (Great wedding, too bad about that marriage :cheers::jester:) Why not indulge in something sparkly or magnificent, whatever your tastes. I also like the idea of a simple Belgian lace veil if I decided to go more low-key. I'm such a magpie (oooh, sparkly!) that I'd have to go with flash and pizazz.

I wonder how many hours the brides spend on hair, make-up, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom