Royal Bridal Veils

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't remember that. Why did they do that? Did they do the same thing with Sarah's veil?

I didn't remember that. Why did they do that? Did they do the same thing with Sarah's veil?

Don’t remember what happened with Sarah, but Diana wore her tiara over the veil, unlike her daughter in laws. So they’d have to take it off and try to secure it in order to have the tiara not covered once the blusher is lifted. Guess there wasn’t enough time for that.

I remember they both kept their blushers down for the whole ceremony

I would have remembered Diana's gown also if the train had been shorter. Simply because the gown appeals to me.
And without the veil I still think it's pretty.

Meghan with only a tiara and without the veil would be a bride I would only take a cursory glance at. Nothing special at all.

Different tastes for different people.

But that is the difference-you loved Diana's dress-but I think it was an over the top frou frou cupcake of a dress that overwhelmed her. I was so disappointed in Diana's dress. But different styles appeal to different people.
OTH, I loved Kate's look and thought Meghan's was also very nice. I agree with those that say Meghan's dress was truly enhanced by her veil and that veil with a fussy dress would not have been as striking.

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark wore the Irish lace veil which Princess Margaret of Connaught wore. Is Denmark the only monarchy were the royal bride wore an heirloom veil?

Meghan's wedding veil is everything (along with the Diamond Bandeau Tiara), but I'm also coming to appreciate her dress more, especially the clean, classic lines. I think Meghan really knows what suits her body stylistically. And she definitely was onto something special in creating that lovel veil embroidery concept with Givenchy's Clare Waight Keller.

Princess Iman bint Abdullah's wedding veil:

1 2 3

I dislike Iman's wedding dress but I love her veil. It is very beautiful and regal.

Last edited:
I didn't care much for Philomena's bridal gown or tiara but her antique veil was gorgeous.?

Queen Letizia incorporated into her veil the same embroidery that she wore, in gold thread, on the neck and train of the dress. A series of garlands full of meaning: the fleur-de-lis, emblem of the Bourbons, and clovers, which represent luck, respect and love. Thus, the then Princess of Asturias brought symbolism and tradition to the organza veil that complemented the Pertegaz dress.

https://media.vogue.es/photos/5ec7e...ster/w_1600,c_limit/GettyImages-450810642.jpg

In Diana Princess of Wales Julia Delano wrote:
Leaving the Cathedral, the new Princess has thrown back her veil, dotted with ten thousand tiny hand-embroidered mother-of-pearl sequins, to reveal a cool exquisite face.

How long did it take to embroider the mother-of-pearl sequins on to the wedding veil?

Back
Top Bottom