King Hussein, Queen Noor & Family: Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad you like it! :flowers: It's not my cup of tea, but then I suppose anything can look gorgeous on QN.;)

Well she wore this dress 1st time in 1988 during Official Visit to USA (your pic) I think is nice dress for these years.

Oh, I see what you mean. I agree, it's the typical glamorous dress from the 80's, with the shoulder pads and all.:flowers: I think we all hate them and love them at the same time, because they remind us of what our mothers used to wear back then.;)

Noor's Dress

It's by Valentino..saw a picture of it at the time from Valentino's runway..
Look's better in a full length photo.

Thank you for the priceless info Tunney! Do you have a better photo?
QN seemed to prefer Valentino's creations back then.

It's quite impressive and I'm sure it looked chic in the 80's, but the top part still looks odd to me. Thanks for the clear photo anyway Salma!

Noor's Dress

I also saw a photo of it up close in a Valentino book..the beading on top is spectactular. You are correct... it does look a little matronly..however look who she was with ..Mrs Bush... a woman probably old enough to be her mother..and may be even grandmother..

I have noticed that Noor always seems/seemed to dress for the people or occasions she was meeting/involved in.

Especalilly when King Hussein was alive...if she or they were meeting older people, statesmen, etc...,, then she dressed more matronly...if it was a metting, then she dressed more business like in a suit.

I also saw a photo of it up close in a Valentino book..the beading on top is spectactular. You are correct... it does look a little matronly..however look who she was with ..Mrs Bush... a woman probably old enough to be her mother..and may be even grandmother..

I have noticed that Noor always seems/seemed to dress for the people or occasions she was meeting/involved in.

Especalilly when King Hussein was alive...if she or they were meeting older people, statesmen, etc...,, then she dressed more matronly...if it was a metting, then she dressed more business like in a suit.

:previous: i feel royals should do that , but i feel new generation of royals does not pay attention for this point and like to appear as younger and more stylish than the guest .

I agree with both of you. Good point, Tunney! She does know what to wear in each occasion. It's a gift IMO.

Thanks for the photo and most important, for this interview! So many details about the assassination of K.Hussein's grandfather I never knew before!

This episode was very sad for King. I have a video of this interview.

You mean you can post it one of these days Salma? ;) Would be awesome!!! :flowers::flowers:

Sorry I don´t know how upload a video to internet. During same interview KH talked too about QA death.

really what did he say ???

King Hussein said that QA´death was one of his worst nightmares. He described the accident and how when he arrived she was death. He looked very sad.

In 1982 the new year card was a family pic of KH, QN, Princess Haya and Princes Hamzah, Ali and Hashim.:flowers:

King Hussein and Queen Noor 1982
http://www.thewrittenwordautographs.com/images-march-2010/690.1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom