Grand Duke Georgi and Princess Victoria Romanovna News Thread (Oct. 2021 - )

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According the BBC 50,000 refugees from Ukraine have moved to Russia in the past 10 days.

Before this military conflict there were already 3 million Ukrainian nationals in Russia. So Rebecca Bettarini was not talking rubbish.

I don´t do wikipedia,it is for dummies and lightweights only,thank you.As it proofs time after time...Next!!

You must drown in your collection of high horses by now....Thank you very much.

You must drown in your collection of high horses by now....Thank you very much.

Very.Wiki is as wacky as it can get,use books,sources,not online nonsense everyone can add too

Very.Wiki is as wacky as it can get,use books,sources,not online nonsense everyone can add too

You might have recognised, that Wikipedia articles have footnotes, which lead to "books, sources". So, they have some, you have none!

Instead you are calling out the House of Romanov as Putin stooges without having any proof whatsoever. That is not ok!

You might have recognised, that Wikipedia articles have footnotes, which lead to "books, sources". So, they have some, you have none!

Instead you are calling out the House of Romanov as Putin stooges without having any proof whatsoever. That is not ok!

I have no idea if they are "Putin Stooges", or if Putin has ever personally bothered himself with their existence. I have no idea what they really personally think of everything and I hope they are doing what they can. However I think there is ample evidence that they must have made all the right noises so *someone* high up in the Kremlin over the years. For their wedding they were allowed use of:

St Isaac's Cathedral - which is a state museum they were given special permission to use.
Vladimir Palace - also government property
Museum of Ethnography - same
Constantine Palace - which is a "state conference centre/Presidential Palace".

This rather grand "first Imperial wedding in Russia for over a century" can't have been pulled off without some heavy co-operation. Not to mention there were a few high-ish government officials at their wedding and betrothal.

It doesn't mean they support the invasion but also combined with their public closeness to many high ups in the ROC it's not unreasonable to wonder about them.

Last edited:

Speaking in general, not all statements presented on Wikipedia have sources, and a good deal of unsourced or badly sourced statements there are indeed "nonsense" (a search of my posting history will locate a few examples). Which is equally true of many other websites, of course.

But in this case, as you pointed out, the passage you quoted includes footnotes leading to articles which clearly explain that the source for the 2015 figures was Russia's Federal Migration Service and the sources for the 2017 figures were the respective government authorities of Russia and Ukraine.

And I could not agree with you more in that, when calling out someone else, one ought to post one's own source or proof.

I have no idea if they are "Putin Stooges"...

Yeah, right, "no idea", but nevertheless one can try... There is a little "but" in your opininion. You have no idea, but you are trying to smear the House of Romanov anyway!

I wonder, where you have these ideas from: The English press? The English: They claim to know, that the English press is nasty and that they just read it for the football news, but in the end they believe the press everything!

In my mind, but I am not English, the House of Romanov has the benefit of the doubt.

Closed for moderator review.

Wow! What a lovely present for a full, 40th Birthday to her!?:hug::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2:

Congratulations to her, Prince George, Grand Duchess Maria of Russia, Prince Franz Wilhelm of Prussia, Mr Roberto and Mrs. Carla Bettarini!

??

Last edited:
Congrats to the couple and wider family!

What will the child's titles be? Given that her mother is 'only' a highness, I assume the child cannot be an imperial highness nor grand duke/duchess.

Du moment Georg sees himself as "Chef of the House" he can create his wife and his child anything. But the only stance of Maria Vladimirovna's claim: that the (male line) Romanov descendants are no longer auccessors because of morganatic marriages, is in shatters.

How to claim that a Romanov marrying Praskovia Dimitriyevna countess Sheremeteva, or a Romanov marrying Donna Sveva countess Della Gherardesca is morganatic - and a "Romanov" marrying a Ms Bettarini is not?

For not loosing her stance, Maria created a "morganatic title". On his turn Georg can create his Italian wife Queen of Sheba, whatever. But the interesting thing is that the more senior ánd male line Romanovs no longer can be excluded.

Last edited:
The official announcement:

Russian Imperial House - 2022-05-21 An Announcement from the Imperial House of Russia

Ð*оссийский Императорский Дом - 2022-05-21 Оповещение от Ð*оссийского Императорского Дома

H.I.H. The Heir, Tsesarevich and Grand Duke George and his spouse, H.S.H. Princess Victoria, are very pleased to announce that Princess Victoria is expecting a baby in the autumn of this year.

H.I.H. The Grand Duchess Maria, Head of the Imperial House of Russia, has received this news with great joy and gratitude to God.

The Princess is in excellent health and for the moment does not intend to cancel or postpone any current engagements, although she may well limit her acceptance of new commitments as autumn approaches.

Moscow, May 8/21, 2022

Du moment Georg sees himself as "Chef of the House" he can create his wife and his child anything. But the only stance of Maria Vladimirovna's claim: that the (male line) Romanov descendants are no longer auccessors because of morganatic marriages, is in shatters.

How to claim that a Romanov marrying Praskovia Dimitriyevna countess Sheremeteva, or a Romanov marrying Donna Sveva countess Della Gherardesca is morganatic - and a "Romanov" marrying a Ms Bettarini is not?

For not loosing her stance, Maria created a "morganatic title". On his turn Georg can create his Italian wife Queen of Sheba, whatever. But the interesting thing is that the more senior ánd male line Romanovs no longer can be excluded.

I see you moved your post to the Romanov Pretenders and Imposters thread, which is a good idea, thus I've replied to it there:

[...]

People can legitimately disagree on the issue of whether alterations to the principles governing succession should be treated as retroactive. What I do not understand is why the same behavior which is accepted from pretenders to other European thrones, or even reigning monarchies, is treated as unacceptable when it comes from Maria Vladimirovna and her line.

I have no idea if they are "Putin Stooges", or if Putin has ever personally bothered himself with their existence. I have no idea what they really personally think of everything and I hope they are doing what they can. However I think there is ample evidence that they must have made all the right noises so *someone* high up in the Kremlin over the years. For their wedding they were allowed use of:

St Isaac's Cathedral - which is a state museum they were given special permission to use.
Vladimir Palace - also government property
Museum of Ethnography - same
Constantine Palace - which is a "state conference centre/Presidential Palace".

This rather grand "first Imperial wedding in Russia for over a century" can't have been pulled off without some heavy co-operation. Not to mention there were a few high-ish government officials at their wedding and betrothal.

It doesn't mean they support the invasion but also combined with their public closeness to many high ups in the ROC it's not unreasonable to wonder about them.

Yeah, right, "no idea", but nevertheless one can try... There is a little "but" in your opininion. You have no idea, but you are trying to smear the House of Romanov anyway!

I wonder, where you have these ideas from: The English press? The English: They claim to know, that the English press is nasty and that they just read it for the football news, but in the end they believe the press everything!

In my mind, but I am not English, the House of Romanov has the benefit of the doubt.

Heavs's post provided a clear explanation of "where you have the ideas from": not the English press, but the Russian government's permission for very visible usage of state property for the couple's wedding. Her post was confined to the publicly available facts and explicitly disclamed any knowledge of the personal thoughts or stances of the Romanovs, and so did give them the benefit of the doubt; reading it as a "smear" is not justified.

Last edited:
On 28 May the solemn ceremony of presenting the Heritage Literary Prize was held at the Central House of Writers in the presence of GD Georgi and Princess Victoria.
The Heritage Prize is under the highest patronage of the Head of the Russian Imperial House, Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna, who has always been present at the presentation of the Prize all previous years.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeLGcEvPNJB/

Princess Victoria gives an interview in French regarding the activities of the “Our Sunny World” center for children with autism

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeRd_0dl0IK/

The first interview of Princess Viktoria since their happy announcement at the Italian magazine Gente

https://www.russianlegitimist.org/news-blog/2022/6/5/new-interview-princess-romanoff

"Do you already know the sex of the baby?
"Yes. but we will reveal it later. We are waiting until we choose the name and then we will reveal whether it is a male or a female".

What about baptism?
“In the Orthodox Church this is done 40 days after the birth of the baby. There is a Chancellery which will organize everything, just as they did for the wedding. They will speak to the clergy and decide where it will be most appropriate to celebrate it". "

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this couple. Very happy for them. Intuition tells me it's a baby girl. Based on nothing but a hunch!;)

Intuition tells me it will be a boy ( their only child) (..)

(..) there is no reason to believe it will be an only child.

Blue!!! for boy!!

Princess Victoria in Paris Match magazine:

" “Our son will be the first Romanov to be born in Russia since 1917”"

https://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Bl...omanov-a-naitre-en-Russie-depuis-1917-1818258

Funny how some people have no trouble getting in and out of Russia.
Princess Victoria says that the boy will be born in October and that he will be raised in Russia. She also says that she and Grand Duke George are delighted to carry on the dynasty which indicates that what I've thought will happen - either Grand Duchess Maria or Georgiewill raise his children up to become members of the Imperial House.

Last edited:
(..) [In response to a deleted comment:] I suppose some might wonder about the couple selecting the sex of their firstborn in light of the ruthless criticism a female heir would be likely to receive. The legitimacy, authority and character of female heirs of defunct or non-reigning houses, including but not limited to Maria Vladimirovna, are belittled on a scale rarely seen with male pretenders and heads who have adopted similar claims and stances.

Last edited:
(..) [In response to a deleted comment:] I suppose some might wonder about the couple selecting the sex of their firstborn in light of the ruthless criticism a female heir would be likely to receive. The legitimacy, authority and character of female heirs of defunct or non-reigning houses, including but not limited to Maria Vladimirovna, are belittled on a scale rarely seen with male pretenders and heads who have adopted similar claims and stances.
I agree, while the Vladimirovichi claim to the Russian throne has been a source of controversy ever since the death of Emperor Nicholas I'm absolutely certain that we wouldn't have the fractured family we have today if Grand Duke Vladimir [Edit: changed from Grand Duke Kirill] had had a son.

Last edited:
I agree, while the Vladimirovichi claim to the Russian throne has been a source of controversy ever since the death of Emperor Nicholas I'm absolutely certain that we wouldn't have the fractured family we have today if Grand Duke Kirill had had a son.

But he had one :flowers: but his son Vladimir had none

Back
Top Bottom