Empress Farah Pahlavi News and Events 2: 2005 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To paraphrase Picasso regarding Matisse I would like to say in the end there is only the Empress Farah..........she is and was the alpha and omega that made the wheels turn and still does anywhere this cultured, educated and exceptionally well bred beautiful royal individual goes.

You've said it, Jaya! And I'm relieved to see her so well, so stylish, so regal...Far from being ill, she is more healthy than ever. She still is THE EMPRESS. :flowers:

Vanesa.

You've said it, Jaya! And I'm relieved to see her so well, so stylish, so regal...Far from being ill, she is more healthy than ever. She still is THE EMPRESS. :flowers:

Vanesa.
I second and third that Vanesa!
Looks like there are two heavyweights of royalty in the world Farah DIba and the Queen in the playing deck of cards.

^ Excellent post, Jaya! I agree and I'd also like to add Q.Noor here. Gravity and a certain cachet are the two qualities that most royals lack these days. These three women have set a great example so far. Now let's hope and pray that someone will follow that...

^ Excellent post, Jaya! I agree and I'd also like to add Q.Noor here. Gravity and a certain cachet are the two qualities that most royals lack these days. These three women have set a great example so far. Now let's hope and pray that someone will follow that...
ONce they break the mould on Farah and Noor we will hardly have others- Noor especially is the least self interested of all. I adore her as I do Farah Diba for the reasons I have mentioned.
I agree that royals lack this type of cachet nowadays.

Queen Farah on More4 (UK)

I watched a brilliant docu-movie on queen farah.

It was made by an iranian women now living in sweden whom opposed her husbands regime. It was a great watch--discussing her current life, how she felt about her husband and of course the current regime.

It was quite sad. She seems displaced and quite hurt.

"I feel like a traveller, I feel like I'm living in a city but now my home. I don't belong here".

It really was quite sad. She seemed extremely genuine, I don't think she fully accepted what had been done within her husbands country by him and his fellow men.

What's your opinions, did you catch it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it "The Queen and I"? I've heard of it, but I don't think it's aired here yet. I'd love to see it!

Yes, I supose it's "The Queen and I". I watched it some month ago and it's very curious to see face to face the best Queen that the earth has ever had and the director of the documentary, a woman that when was young was against the monarchy and even had a brother who died in some riot. The documentary is extraordinary and shows an extraordinary woman, Empress Farah, who recognises some mistakes but, at the same time, has a faith in the future of her loved country, her homeland.

Perfect summary, Elisenda! This documentary sounds really interesting, I'd love to watch it soon! Does anyone know if we can find it on YouTube, for example? Or some parts of it?

The documentary is available on YouTube (9 parts). I don't have the link, you can type 'Documentary Farah Pahlavi', if you want English subtitles. If you type 'The Queen and I', you'll get Swedish subtitles. I watched it with great pleasure and particularly liked the part where she talked about how she had met the Shah. Quite a fairy tale!

Unfortunately, the only one I'm able to come up with that is English is part 1.

^ This is strange. Once you've found the 1st part the other parts appear on the list. The only explanation that comes to mind is that maybe the other parts are not available in the US.

Some weeks ago I went to Youtube and found out by "Farah Pahlavi" and the documentary was, as you said, divided in 9 videos, but I watched some of them and the language was English.

^ And she looked stunning and majestical once again.;) Thanks for the link - it had been a while since we last saw her out and about.:flowers:

November 22, 2010

Farah Diba, widow of the late Shah of Iran Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, attends the book launch of 'Art and Patronage: The Middle East' at Sotheby's on November 22, 2010 in London
Pic1*Pics 2 & 3

Farah Pahlavi attended the Action Innocence auction and dinner of 'Nounours
de Createurs' at Pavillon Ledoyen on November 24, 2010 in Paris, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Empress Farah looks great in the recent photos! So good to see her supporting the Arts - imagine what a wonderful job she could do for Iran! :))

Farah Pahlavi attended the Action Innocence auction and dinner of 'Nounours
de Createurs' at Pavillon Ledoyen on November 24, 2010 in Paris, France.

One more pic:
Pic

Farah Diba, widow of the late Shah of Iran Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, attends the book launch of 'Art and Patronage: The Middle East' at Sotheby's on November 22, 2010 in London
Pic1*Pics 2 & 3
Catherine Middleton take heed - this is one elegant lady.......
When Farah is attired there is no one else.She has had impeccable and faultless taste since the day of her betrothal.

So in your opinion Kate should dress like a woman at retirement age from middle east countries?

So in your opinion Kate should dress like a woman at retirement age from middle east countries?
Farah Diba has sported occidental Valentino for most of her life as well as occidental YSL for her wedding gown..When she had the official capacity as Empress she was faultless and that is what I say to Kate Middleton too- however I am going to stay away from such regionalistic phrasing as you have put here.For her culture and the ones Farah Diba circulates in she is today admired for her taste- which is eclectic and has universal appeal.....

Last edited:
Farah Diba has sported occidental Valentino for most of her life as well as occidental YSL for her wedding gown..When she had the official capacity as Empress she was faultless and that is what I say to Kate Middleton too- however I am going to stay away from such regionalistic phrasing as you have put here.For her culture and the ones Farah Diba circulates in she is today admired for her taste- which is eclectic and has universal appeal.....

You've said it, Jaya. An Empress or Queen (or future Queen if we are speaking about Miss Middleton) should dress in an elegant, stylish and faultless kind of clothes (I'm not saying they must be boring...Nowadays, stylish is took like a synonimous of boring or stern), at least in public ceremonies.

As for the " woman at retirement age from Middle East country"...I wouldn't say that Farah is at "retirement age". She is an active elderly lady and she is dressed as an elegant princess from wherever you want of the world. For even if she was overthrowned by a revolution, she will always knows that she will always be Iran Empress for a lot of people. Empress will be Empress, you know...;)

Vanesa.

Farah Pahlavi attended Romero Britto's Vernissage at the Carroussel du Louvre
in Paris, France, December 16, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Beautiful photos, Empress Farah looks lovely and quite happy! Thanks for sharing! :flowers:

Thans Iceflower for these links, Her Majesty looks very well.

The Empress looks chic as always! Isn't this the time of year she is always in Paris and socially out and about?

HIM Empress Farah Pahlavi of Iran arriving for the wedding of Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock at the Place du Palais, Monte Carlo:

Pictures: Iran - Latest Photos | Princess Farah Pahlavi of Iran arriving for the wedding of Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock at the Place du Palais, Monte Carlo.
Pictures: Iran - Latest Photos | Princess Farah Pahlavi of Iran arriving for the wedding of Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock at the Place du Palais, Monte Carlo.
Pictures: Iran - Latest Photos | Princess Farah Pahlavi of Iran arrives at the Place du Palais, Monte Carlo, for the religious ceremony of the wedding of Charlene Wittstock to Prince Albert II of Monaco.
Pictures: Iran - Latest Photos | Princess Farah Pahlavi of Iran arrives at the Place du Palais, Monte Carlo, for the religious ceremony of the wedding of Charlene Wittstock to Prince Albert II of Monaco.

Pictures: Iran - Latest Photos | Princess Farah Pahlavi of Iran arriving for the official dinner for Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock at the Monte Carlo Opera House.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Prince & Princess of Monaco's Wedding Ball

Prince Karim Aga Khan and Empress Farah Pahlavi attend the religious wedding ceremony for Monaco's Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene at the Palac - Yahoo! Eurosport

Farah Pahlavi Photos - Monaco Royal Wedding - Guest Sightings - Zimbio

Farah Pahlavi Photos - Monaco Royal Wedding - The Religious Wedding Ceremony - Zimbio

Farah Pahlavi Photos - Monaco Royal Wedding - The Religious Wedding Ceremony - Zimbio

Empress Farah was one of my best-dressed ladies at Monaco's wedding. She was totally chic and elegant and the color of her outfit was perfect. A winner from head to toe and as always the epitome of sophistication. Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom