Duke Carl and the Royal House of Württemberg 1: Ending 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the pictures Stefan. It looks like a was a nice event and the surroundings are beautiful.

Still no news about the allegedly engagement of Eberhard?
I wonder why Duchess Marie stopped after three births having children at the age of only 24 and only four years of marriage. She´s only 37 nowadays and could´ve had a big family after she was only 19 when she married.

Mayb e physically she couldn't have any more. My sister was told another pregnancy after her second would kill her for instance.

Still no news about the allegedly engagement of Eberhard?
I wonder why Duchess Marie stopped after three births having children at the age of only 24 and only four years of marriage. She´s only 37 nowadays and could´ve had a big family after she was only 19 when she married.
perhaps they thought 3 children are enough. Would be nice if they have another child perhaps a boy as there are only 2 males in the next generation but i don't it's likely as their last child was born 14 years ago.

Any news whether Eberhard got indeed engaged? And who the fiancee is? (Her name was reportedly Desiree Knopf or so)
So far all engagements have been published with photos in "Seeger Press" but I have no access any more. In earlier years they published photos of the whole family quite often but there is only still Diane to see now and then.

Queen Mary (1867-1953) had a grandmother or grandfather who was queen or king of Wurtenburg. What relation would that be to the current family?

Any news whether Eberhard got indeed engaged? And who the fiancee is? (Her name was reportedly Desiree Knopf or so)
So far all engagements have been published with photos in "Seeger Press" but I have no access any more. In earlier years they published photos of the whole family quite often but there is only still Diane to see now and then.

There are no pics on seeger press yet, where did you hear that he was engaged?

Queen Mary (1867-1953) had a grandmother or grandfather who was queen or king of Wurtenburg. What relation would that be to the current family?

You can find the Wurttemberg family tree here.
Wrttemberg
But simply the Duke if Teck (Q Marys father) wasn't descended from any of the Wurttemberg Kings. His Grandfather, Duke Ludwig was a younger brother of the first King, Friedrich I.
The current Duke Karl is the three times great grandson of Duke Alexander, the youngest brother of the first King

I find some of these criticisms of Diane of Wuerttemberg a bit unfair. As Herzogin von Wuerttemberg and Prinzessin von Frankreich she is twice royal, first by marriage to Duke Carl, and probably more importantly, as the daughter of the last acknowledged French pretender. One of my most treasured life experiences was to have been a guest -- all by myself -- at their palace in Altshausen. (I had recieved a German knighthood the year before.) I had been instructed about all the protocol in advance of the visit. (If you saw the film "The Queen" --"it's Mamm as in ham and not. . ." --- that sort of thing.) And so after the initial formalities and my knees were beginning to stop knocking. she put me at ease immediately. She is a brilliant conversationalist. I was told to keep my camara in my pocket. But after the initial champagne and as she showed me the palace a flashbulb would periodically go off. Obviously she considered me important enough to know that I might like to have a photographic record of all this. But except for the last photo in which she and I stood side by side, with me ever so slightly behind her (protocol, you know) all the other shots are of me alone. At one point when we were conversing, I said that in my country we had fought a revolution in 1776 to get rid of all things royal, and that even in spite of my knighthood, I was a simple commoner. Her response to me was, "Edel ist, der edel macht." On my living room wall the two largest pictures are
of the knighthood ceremony (the local German paper, quite a distance from Altshausen had two captions before the write-up: "Jetzt kommt der Ritterschlag. [my real name] in Edelstand erhoben."] And next to that picture the photograph of me
and Diane, Herzogen von Wuerttemberg, Prinzessin von Frankreich. She is an ackowledged artist, and as far as I am concerned a princess in every way.

About Duke Eberhard von Württemberg:
He married Désirée Copf in 2011
In January 2010 they got a son Alexander.

Source: Dominique Charenton on Royauté 2, Soline on Nobiliana

Great news!...especially when you take on account that they are not already so young.

Interestingly enough he lists himself as engaged on Facebook.

Probably still engaged to Désirée on his Facebook.
He might not have had the time to update or simply forgot it.

One of my friends was listed as single though she had a 4 years old relation and a kid.

Thats most likely what it is. It's unfortunate that in the Wurttemberg family if you do not marry equally you can not publicize your wedding to the public.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is more likely in this case that there was a child born before the wedding.
His brother Duke Michael married Julia Storz and the wedding was a public celebration.

Could also be that the couple wished a private Wedding. I know that also Duke Michael and Julia Storz wanted a private Wedding and therefore only seegerpress was allowed to take pics. Probably also this was the reason that the Wedding took place at Friedrichshafen and not at Altshausen. Perhaps Eberhard and Desiree wanted it even more prvate and therefore it was not offiically announced yet.

Last edited:
Robin Grinnell-Milne de la Lanne-Mirrlees died this year.

He was born in 1925; he had a romance with Duchess Margarete-Louise of Wurtemberg (b.25 November 1928) [second of five children and first daughter of Duke Albrecht Eugen of Wurtemberg (1895-1954) & his wife, Princess Nadejda of Bulgaria (1899-1958)] and became a father of her only child, a son named Patrick Francis (b.1962). I don't know anything about his later life.
Margarete-Louise married in 1970 Viscount Francois Luce-Bailly de Chevigny (b.15 June 1928) but she didn't have more children.

Patrick Francis Grinnell-Milne de la Lanne-Mirrlees married Irene Auer (b.1962) in 1988; they have three children: Marie Charlotte (b.1989), Berenice (b.1990) and Cyran (b.1997).

Sources: Descendants of King Louis Philippe I of the French (second part)
Wrttemberg

:previous:
Here is an obituary from the Telegraph about him:
Count Robin de la Lanne-Mirrlees - Telegraph

The obituary mentions that in 1975 he was recognised by the Lord Lyon King of Arms as feudal Baron of Inchdrewer (which I think is his only official and undisputed title).

:previous:
The Telegraph obit includes a 1953 photograph of the Duchess with Count Robin.
It states that their son, Patrick Grinnell-Milne de la Lanne-Mirlees, became the mayor of Delmenhorst in Lower Saxony in 2006.

v Duchess Margarethe-Louise of Württemberg, 1953
thumbnail image cropped from larger photograph

Attachments

• Duchess Margarethe-Louise of Württemberg 1953.jpg
    Duchess Margarethe-Louise of Württemberg 1953.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2,960
Princess Elisabeth von Urach passed away at Munich on 20 September 2012, aged 59.

She was born on 10 December 1952 at Regensburg, the second daughter of Prince Eberhard and Princess Iniga von Urach, née Princess von Thurn und Taxis (herself the daughter of Prince Ludwig and Princess Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis, née Princess of Luxembourg and Nassau).
Princess Elisabeth never married and didn't have children.
She is survived by her siblings Amelie, Karl Anselm, Wilhelm (the current Duke von Urach) and Eberhard and their families.

Wrttemberg

Message received by the Administrators...

LithuaniaGrandDucalArmssmall.png

The leading monarchist movement of Lithuania, The Royal House of Lithuania Association, is honored to inform that

HSH Prince Inigo von Urach, Count of Württemberg

great-grandson of the last King Mindaugas II of Lithuania,

was elected and recognized as the legitimate pretender to the Lithuanian Royal Throne.

Prince Inigo von Urach (born 1962) is the direct descendant of the last Lithuanian king Mindaugas II, a Roman Catholic, a family man, and dedicated father of 3 children (2 sons and a daughter). He is connected to the Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, British, Russian, Monaco, Bavarian and Portuguese Royal families by birth.

This is a heavily edited version of the longer message which can be read in full in the Royal Families of Poland and Lithuania thread.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Wurttemberg has allowed the editors of Noblesse & Royautes to view her family photograph album. Noblesse & Royautes have now posted the article, with lots of photos. The captions in the article tell you who's who:

Google Translate

I think it's nice of the Duchess of Wurttemberg to show the editors of Noblesse & Royautes her photos, which were nice to look at. This makes me want to learn more about her and her family.

Those pictures were really lovely. As a collector of royalty postcards I would love to have manyof these as postcards.

The Duchess of Württemberg showed Noblesse & Royautes (who also interviewed her, if I've understood correctly) her photo album. There's also some interesting information about The Duchess - she likes to go to Paris for short holidays and visits museums, galleries and exhibitions whilst she is there. She has a foundation, "The Diane von Württemberg Herzogin, Prinzessin von Frankreich-Stiftung Foundation", which specializes in the art and culture of Württemberg:

Diane de France, duchesse de Wurtemberg : sa fondation et ses futurs projets artistiques | Noblesse & Royautés

In this article, The Duchess talks about her work with sculptures and gives Noblesse & Royautes an idea of what a day in her workshop is like. The workshop is located in Altshausen Castle:

Diane de France, duchesse de Wurtemberg : une journée dans son atelier d’Altshausen | Noblesse & Royautés

Hereditary Prince Alfred of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha was engaged to Elsa of Wurttemberg. Elsa was the daughter of Grand Duchess Vera Konstantinovna of Russia. Why was the engagement broken off?
King William II was instrumental in the establishment of the Wurttembergischer Yacht Club in 1911 on Lake Constance.

Hereditary Prince Alfred of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha was engaged to Elsa of Wurttemberg. Elsa was the daughter of Grand Duchess Vera Konstantinovna of Russia. Why was the engagement broken off?

I seem to recall reading that the Wurttemberg family heard rumors of his "unsavioroury' behaviour.

The Duchess of Württemberg showed Noblesse & Royautes (who also interviewed her, if I've understood correctly) her photo album. There's also some interesting information about The Duchess - she likes to go to Paris for short holidays and visits museums, galleries and exhibitions whilst she is there. She has a foundation, "The Diane von Württemberg Herzogin, Prinzessin von Frankreich-Stiftung Foundation", which specializes in the art and culture of Württemberg:

Diane de France, duchesse de Wurtemberg : sa fondation et ses futurs projets artistiques | Noblesse & Royautés
The foundation also helps poor and disabled children in poor countires like for example in Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom