Prince Ernst August (V) and the Royal House of Hanover 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are photos of him in the Austrian newspapers. To be honest he looks like hell.

It is no sad , he is mad Prince Ernest August since always !
I hope now he will never hurt his eldest Son anymore...

There are so many things wrong with this post. Not only is it incredibly archaic to call someone with a mental illness "mad", you're also suggesting that it's Ernst August's fault for becoming an alcoholic. Nobody chooses to have such a dire situation happen to them. Whilst he has been less than favourable in his personality in the past, there is no need to demean a whole group of people who have suffered from alcoholism and mental health problems.

I sincerely hope that nobody close to you has to go through what Ernst August is going through, it seems like they won't get much sympathy.

Was he released from the psychiatric hospital ? Anyone know how long did he stay there ?

Was he released from the psychiatric hospital ? Anyone know how long did he stay there ?

Prince Ernst August stayed at the hospital for a few hours only.

He was taken to the hospital during that night of the incident and was already released a few hours later in the morning.

In the midmorning he called and invited the Austrian magazine Kronenzeitung to his home to tell them his version of the events.
During that meeting the photos were taken, see also here:

** krone.at article with gallery **

So he is not already at the psychiatric ward?
I thought he would stay there for a few months.

He doesn't sound like he's fit to cope with life.

It's a pity especially for his daughter Alexandra who yesterday had her birthday, and his younger brother who gave birth to his twins. Ernest could be a very happy father now instead of doing all this fullish things.

It's a pity especially for his daughter Alexandra who yesterday celebrated her birthday, and his younger brother who gave birth to his twins. Ernest could be a very happy father now instead of doing all this foolish things. I think his children should be very embarassed because of his behavior.

It's a pity especially for his daughter Alexandra who yesterday had her birthday, and his younger brother who gave birth to his twins. Ernest could be a very happy father now instead of doing all this fullish things.

You mean his younger son?

And the quarrel continues. Yesterday he drove with a Taxi to the Policestation in Scharnstein to take Revenge at the 2 Policemen who brought him to the Psychiatrie. There he rioted in front of the Policestation and threatened to beat up the two officers with the baseball bat he had taken with him

https://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-...aseballschlaeger-rache-polizisten-nehmen.html

I hadn't expected it could get even worse. That Prince Ernst August himself would make it worse.. It is sad that he doesn't seem to have anyone he can really turn to and who is able to help and support him.

No, there has never been any official information about the status of their marriage.

Given that the Monegasque court still calls her HRH The Princess of Hanover, I assume she still is the princess of Hanover because of her marriage to the prince of Hanover.

The police has confirmed the events as mentioned in the papers, EA coming to the station and threatening to kill the policemen with a baseball bat.
https://www.krone.at/2196173

I assume everybody who is in his inner circle has already done as much as possible and EA will be in a status where he either helps himself or dies.

Is it posible for Ernst Jr to declare his father mentally unfit so he can become the head of the family and gets control of the finances and properties?

It's clear Ernst August V is not of sound mind, hasn't been in YEARS.

He is a very ill man. He needs mental and physical help. If committed he should not be released because of a Title. Unfortunately sooner rather then later someone will be hurt. He needs to heal and face any charges there may be. IMOO this will not happen. We will see another tragic story. I wish it were not so.

We should wait for the consequences of EA's psychiatric tratment, imo.

We should wait for the consequences of EA's psychiatric tratment, imo.

I hope he improves but he's been a loose cannon for years, whether because of alcohol and drug problem or just because he is like that.. I don't know. However he isn't a young man and he seems reluctant to help himself or comply with treatment so I fear he's not likely to get much better. Its up to him... sad for his family and friends that he's in such a mess

What sort of relationship does he have with his son and heir Prince Ernst August of Hanover,I know he didn't approve nor attend his wedding.

I wonder if he met his grandchildren (Ernst August jr's children, of course).

He looks like Antony Andrews playing Sebanstin in his last days in Brtidehead ... gosh terrible

:previous: Poor Sebastian NEVER looked quite as bad as E-A!:sad:

Poor man. What he's suffering from has by the looks of it led to him being estranged from most of family and will affect his children and grandchildren for all their lives. Addiction and mental illness are horrible diseases that can badly affect the lives of so many around the one who's suffering from it.

Last edited:
His family should get him out of Austria - but pronto!

Nothing worse than being a prominent, old, crazy fish in a a very small pond... - with all the activist judges and psychiatrists which can lay a claim to fame by locking the Prince up...

Latest news: Ernst August sr. is roaming around armed with a baseball bet, threatening police officers...:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom