The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2020, 07:44 AM
Aristocracy

He is a very ill man. He needs mental and physical help. If committed he should not be released because of a Title. Unfortunately sooner rather then later someone will be hurt. He needs to heal and face any charges there may be. IMOO this will not happen. We will see another tragic story. I wish it were not so.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:45 AM
Majesty

We should wait for the consequences of EA's psychiatric tratment, imo.

Old 07-22-2020, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Bild has a picture, I believe they interviewed him. But the article is pay per view.
https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/unterh...ogin.bild.html
My God, a shadow of a man....
Old 07-22-2020, 09:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
We should wait for the consequences of EA's psychiatric tratment, imo.
I hope he improves but he's been a loose cannon for years, whether because of alcohol and drug problem or just because he is like that.. I don't know. However he isn't a young man and he seems reluctant to help himself or comply with treatment so I fear he's not likely to get much better. Its up to him... sad for his family and friends that he's in such a mess
Old 07-22-2020, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What sort of relationship does he have with his son and heir Prince Ernst August of Hanover,I know he didn't approve nor attend his wedding.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:13 AM
Majesty

I wonder if he met his grandchildren (Ernst August jr's children, of course).
Old 07-22-2020, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

He looks like Antony Andrews playing Sebanstin in his last days in Brtidehead ... gosh terrible
Old 07-22-2020, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Poor Sebastian NEVER looked quite as bad as E-A!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-22-2020, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Poor man. What he's suffering from has by the looks of it led to him being estranged from most of family and will affect his children and grandchildren for all their lives. Addiction and mental illness are horrible diseases that can badly affect the lives of so many around the one who's suffering from it.
Old 07-24-2020, 01:31 PM
Courtier

His family should get him out of Austria - but pronto!

Nothing worse than being a prominent, old, crazy fish in a a very small pond... - with all the activist judges and psychiatrists which can lay a claim to fame by locking the Prince up...

Latest news: Ernst August sr. is roaming around armed with a baseball bet, threatening police officers...
Old 07-24-2020, 01:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
He looks like Antony Andrews playing Sebanstin in his last days in Brtidehead ... gosh terrible
reallY??? I cant see any resemblance...
Old 07-24-2020, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

I dislike EA with every fiber of my being, he is a....
But right now, I feel for him. This goes far beyond his personality, he is really sick and suffering, it's not funny anymore.
I hope he get's better soon and has more quality of life. I also hope that he has good caregivers and has it left in him to treat them well.
Old 07-24-2020, 02:24 PM
Majesty

It doesn't look good. He seems aggressive and angry and probalby not willing to cooperate with any treatement...
Old 07-24-2020, 03:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJanet View Post
I dislike EA with every fiber of my being, he is a.....
Just curious: Was there something specific that made you dislike him so much?
Old 07-24-2020, 03:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

I know that E-A is a very wealthy Royal. I know that there are different rules for rich and prominent people.

But how is it that this man can go to the authorities armed with a baseball bat and threaten police with NO APPARENT CONSEQUENCES??

What is the limit of the law in Austria? Must he kill or seriously injure someone before action can be taken to restrain him??

If ever there was a case for committing someone to a mental asylum or hospital against his will it is Ernst- August. He is demonstrably ill in body and in mind.

But if he commits murder as he has been threatening to do....he should go to prison.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-24-2020, 04:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
What is the limit of the law in Austria? Must he kill or seriously injure someone before action can be taken to restrain him??
I googled it: § 3 UbG states - If a crazy person is a danger to himself or others, this person can get incarcerated against the person's will into a psychiatric ward.
https://vertretungsnetz.at/fileadmin...e_2013_web.pdf

Now, one can imagine, that it takes a lot of hurdles, to bring someone into a mental facility, but if done so, it is surely not easy to get out!
Old 07-24-2020, 09:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Just curious: Was there something specific that made you dislike him so much?
Yes, his behaviour during EXPO, the way he attacked people verbally and physically. Everything about him seems vulgar and entitled.
Old 07-25-2020, 02:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post

Nothing worse than being a prominent, old, crazy fish in a a very small pond... - with all the activist judges and psychiatrists which can lay a claim to fame by locking the Prince up...

Latest news: Ernst August sr. is roaming around armed with a baseball bet, threatening police officers...

EA's aggressive and erratic behavior has been going on for years, almost decades... I am sure his family has been through hell and back and there comes a point where you have to let go. He's had several wake up calls already, came close to dying with pancreas issues, still he does not stop drinking or smoking. If he keeps pushing the self destruction button, fine, but he should not harm other individuals. I certainly think that his family has already contemplated having him locked up but that is not easy and severe action.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post

Please don't use the word "crazy" when referring to someone who clearly has a mental health problem (which alcoholism can often be linked to). It further reinforces the stigma and is one of the reasons why mental health still isn't taken as seriously as it should be. We can criticise Ernst August's actions without offending others who have had mental health problems.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-31-2020, 05:39 AM
Commoner

Well ernst august,if you have time you are invited to my lodge in barcelona,as barcelona will host you on my behald,cheerio