Grand Ducal House of Baden (Zahringen)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. I had no idea about this connection Monaco / Baden.
So the Grimaldis are German.

Ofc I know that Prince Albert and the Princess of Hannover are siblings. But thanks for the other info.

What a strange reasoning. See Prince Jacques:
His mother Charlene Wittstock is South-African.
His grandmother Grace Kelly was American
His great-grandfather Pierre comte de Polignac was French.
His great-great grandmother Marie Juliette Lovet was French.
His great-great-great-grandmother Lady Victoria Mary Hamilton was British.

That there are Von Badens in Lady Victoria's ancestry does not make the Grimaldis "German".

What a strange reasoning. See Prince Jacques:
His mother Charlene Wittstock is South-African.
His grandmother Grace Kelly was American
His great-grandfather Pierre comte de Polignac was French.
His great-great grandmother Marie Juliette Lovet was French.
His great-great-great-grandmother Lady Victoria Mary Hamilton was British.

That there are Von Badens in Lady Victoria's ancestry does not make the Grimaldis "German".

Haha no indeed!Gosh,you made me laugh...:lol:

The Royal Men wore medals even the Young Duke of Wurtenberg . From which Order ?

Eh, Max is King Charles' first cousin. If they really wanted to, they would have sent someone, anyone, from the family.

What do you think if Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex and his sister Princess Anne had attended?

The Royal Men wore medals even the Young Duke of Wurtenberg . From which Order ?
I think it are their House Orders. Or if they have it the Miniature of the Baden House Order,

Considering that most 'Germans didn't even know who he was (except the small minority of people who are interested in german nobility) i think the guest list is impressive.

His death wasn't even mentioned in all big 'German newspapers, not even in those tabloids thar regularly report of royal news.

The only old nobility here who are often present in the media are:

Georg friedrich of Prussia (not often)
The house of hanover (sadly to say because of Ernst August Seniors scandals and that he is still married to Caroline)
and Ernst A. is doing a very good job for the reputation of that family!

The Thurn and Taxis (because Gloria is very busy)
the Sayn Wittgensteins, partly of their relations to Danish nobility

Did I miss anybody?

He was known here in Baden-Württemberg which is the Area in which the Family once ruled and where they lived.

And it the same with other royals the people here (in South Germany) will not know the north german royal and nobles like the Lippe's, Oldenburg's etc. Probably not even the Prussians.

Last edited:
Michael, Prince of Baden, and Christina, Princess of Baden attended the Mauro Bergonzoli exhibition opening at Tratzberg Castle in Austria on May 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Bernhard, Margrave of Baden, attended the event on the Island of Mainau on 25th June.
Klaus Maria Brandauer performed with the Südwestdeutsche Philharmonie Konstanz on the island of Mainau, three days after his 80th birthday Klaus Maria Brandauer slipped into the role of the former Mainau Castle and park owner Prince Nikolaus II Esterházy.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct9sL8EsRRd/

Eh, Max is King Charles' first cousin. If they really wanted to, they would have sent someone, anyone, from the family.
So I think as well.

I'm rather surprised that the Windsor's don't have a representative at this funeral. The new Margrave -- Berthold --- was one of Philip's nephews who walked in procession behind his coffin at the 30-person funeral. To say that the families weren't close is ridiculous. Berthold and his wife also attended the Memorial Service, and QEII's funeral.
yes, I can well remember that.

btw …. the name of the new Margrave is Bernhard.

Bernhard, Margrave of Baden, attended the event on the Island of Mainau on 25th June.
Klaus Maria Brandauer performed with the Südwestdeutsche Philharmonie Konstanz on the island of Mainau, three days after his 80th birthday Klaus Maria Brandauer slipped into the role of the former Mainau Castle and park owner Prince Nikolaus II Esterházy.
Hans Georg Yourievsky on Instagram: "What a gorgeous event @inselmainau! Yesterday, the princely couple was invited to the 25th anniversary of the @kulturforum.mainau - EKFM (Europäisches Kulturforum Mainau). 🌟🔝 The program was absolutely amazing: Klaus Maria Brandauer, an international actor from Austria, slipped excellently into the role of the famous Prince Nikolaus II. Esterházy @gruenefuerstenbodensee, who turned the magnificent island at that time into a precious little paradise. ⚜️🌹 @swp_konstanz - The Südwestdeutsche Philharmonie Konstanz orchestra framed the storyteller‘s memories with the matching classic pieces. An incomparable performance! 🎵🎻 Slide through the pictures which have been taken by @hsh.princess.elikonida. When will YOU visit this adorable place in the south of #Germany (#LakeConstance)? There is so much to discover for adults as well as for children!🏝️🇩🇪 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ©️📷 1: From right to left: HRH Margrave Bernhard of Baden, Dr. Florian Stegmann (Minister of State and Head of the State Chancellory of Baden-Württemberg), HSH Princess Elikonida Yourievsky, HSH Prince George Yourievsky, Count Christian Bernadotte (President of EKFM), Philipp Haug (husband of Countess Bettina Bernadotte). 📷 2: From left to right: Count Christian Bernadotte, HSH Prince George Yourievsky and his wife. 📷 3: A part of the audience with a view to the stage. 📷 4: Count Christian Bernadotte holding an introduction speech. 📷 5: Klaus Maria Brandauer performing brilliantly his role. 📷 6 & 7: The program. 📷 8: A video showing the stunning rose garden, just one little corner of this awesome place. 📷 9: The Princess together with Countess Sandra Bernadotte in the Palm House during the V.I.P. reception. 📷 10: Count Björn Bernadotte held also a speech after the concert. #princesyourievsky #hshprincesselikonida #mainau #islandmainau #event #jubilee #TeamPeace #esterhazy #klausmariabrandauer #teamfrieden #inselmainau #deutschland #südwestdeutschephilarmoniekonstanz #romanov #romanoff #anlass #jubiläum #ekfm #europäischeskulturforummainau #konzert #grafchristianbernadotte #grafbjörnbernadotte #philipphaug #markgrafbernhardvonbaden #gräfinsandrabernadotte #drflorianstegmann"
that reminds me …

my first name is Bernhard also.
And I was born in Baden-Baden in the old Markgrafschaft Baden.

So in a way I am also a Bernhard of Baden.

it was in salem

another ressom for going there

What is known about Bernhard & Stephanie's three sons? How old are they, what are they studying and are they in a relationship?

What is known about Bernhard & Stephanie's three sons? How old are they, what are they studying and are they in a relationship?
We know their names and dates of birth. They are in their late teens or early twenties.

Leopold Bernhard Max Michael Ernst-August Friedrich Guillaume (born 18 May 2002)
Friedrich Bernhard Leopold Christian Berthold Christoph (born 9 March 2004)
Karl-Wilhelm Bernhard Max Alexander Ernst-August Heinrich-Donatus Mathias (born 11 February 2006)
Source: Bernhard, Margrave of Baden - Wikipedia

Leopold Bernhard Max Michael Ernst-August Friedrich Guillaume (born 18 May 2002)
Friedrich Bernhard Leopold Christian Berthold Christoph (born 9 March 2004)
Karl-Wilhelm Bernhard Max Alexander Ernst-August Heinrich-Donatus Mathias (born 11 February 2006)
Leopold is 21, Friedrich is 19, next week he turns 20 and Karl-Wilhelm turned 18 on February 11

Back
Top Bottom