The Palace of Versailles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank You......

Dear Glittering Tiaras,

Thank you a million times over for those videos of Versailles.
You are an angel for doing this... :angel:

Enchanting, exquisite & marvellous!!!

Larry

As this thread is about the Palace of Versailles, the lengthy discussion of CP Victoria's dress has been removed.

Warren
Non-Reigning Houses moderator

Wonderful videos about versailles Palace! It seems youy are there!!! :wub: And think I could visit this great place of the world...Ohhh...I'm missing Versailles and Paris! :wub:

Vanesa.

I have visited Versailles and it is wonderful,specially Marie Antoniette´s room and the gardens:flowers:

I absolutely loved Versailles and the Petit Trianon,when I first visited Paris!
What I liked most is the rooms with the different colors,especially the red room.
I won't talk about the gardens...magnificent!!

This palace is one of the most visited places in France because of its architecture, its fantastic gardens and also because of its history.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have seen versailles and its an amazing palace, the king and queens rooms hall of mirrors everything is so beautiful. but there is a hint of urine in the air and i found out that a lot of the servants would use the corners of the palace rooms to potty-over time urine had soaked into the plaster walls thus the faint smell of urine

How beautiful is this Palace!
I wish I could go to France and at least see the palace behind bars:

Pic1 ** Pic2 ** Pic3 ** Pic4

Anyone know where I can get some pics of the rooms named after the planets in the gran appartements du roi?

Nice that the family can agree on something at last ;).

Last edited:
I read that 8 million people visit Versailles every year !
that there are 700 rooms !
67 staircases !
and Versailles is set in 1800 acres of parkland !!!!
Its amazing that the palace survived the revolution and the angry mobs ! they could so easily have torched it and burned it to the ground .
I only hope that someone on this forum will visit Versailles with a digi camera.... take 2000+ pics of the palace and gardens.... zip them up and give us a link to Hotfile or media fire !
Heres hoping !

I am taking my digi camera to Versailles in May, and will make a photobucket album when I get back. 2000 is a lot of pictures to shoot for, but i'll try!

Wow thats brilliant Princess... hope the weather is fine..
I read that entrance into Versailles gardens if free...
I was surprised at that, if Versailles was here in England it would be £10 entrance fee at least !

It still surprises me how easily King Louis agreed to go back to Paris with the mob on that autumn day in 1789
to think that the King and Marie Antoinette never set foot in the Palace ever again !
But Im thinking,
if he had resisted the mob might have got angry and burned the palace down .... it could have had a similar fate to the Tuilleries !

Last edited:
Hey Princess, enjoy your trip! May is good month to come here, you can go for walks in the gardens and enjoy the blooming trees. Don't forgot to take your loved one with you, it's deadly romantic and overwhelming in Versailles. ;-)

Hey PrincessKaimi. I remembered your post. Have you been to Versailles? Was it good? Last saturday I visited my mom who lives near the palace. We walked a while in the gardens, she loves the gardens very much. I recommend a visit warmly to you all.

That place is mostly gilded in gold, big and screams imperial France 1700s where rococo style fits perfectly

It's absolutely gorgeous. We were open mouthed when we went there. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom