Pope Francis Current Events Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vatican has announced that Pope Francis will visit Iraq from March 5th - 8th, 2021

Today, December 8, Pope Francis paid homage to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception in Rome on the occasion of the feast of the Immaculate Conception:

** rex gallery **

The Pope stopped to greet Italian soldiers after Mass yesterday to mark the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
The Pope gave the soldiers cookies to thank them for guarding the entrance to the Vatican.

Earlier yesterday morning the Pope arrived at the Piazza di Spagna in Rome to place flowers on the statue of Our Lady to mark the Marian Feast day.

Last edited:
Pope Francis held his weekly General Audience at the Apostolic library at the Vatican which was live streamed .

Pope Francis received theological academic year students and attended the final Advent Sermon at the Paul VI Hall today, December 18:

** rex gallery **

Pope Francis had a Christmas celebration with Vatican employees today, December 21, and "urged Vatican bureaucrats to stop their gossipy, self-absorbed conflicts, issuing another tough-love Christmas message to his closest collaborators at the end of a year":

** rex gallery **

Pope Francis had a Christmas celebration with Vatican employees today, December 21, and "urged Vatican bureaucrats to stop their gossipy, self-absorbed conflicts, issuing another tough-love Christmas message to his closest collaborators at the end of a year":

** rex gallery **

Here's a video from the Paul VI Hall earlier

I was wondering this the other day after reading these posts. Does anybody know whether the Pope sits down, like most Europeans, to a celebratory Xmas lunch on Christmas Day? And if so, where does he eat it and with whom, if anyone?

I have read that there are one or two very popular and smart restaurants in Rome that are often patronised by Cardinals and others in non-Covid times. Does the Pope (a very humble man) also sometimes lunch out, on Christmas and other Days? Or would the nuns, who usually cook for the Pope, just prepare a simple repast for him and not bother with special foods for Christmas every year.

Last edited:
From St. Peter's Basilica, Holy Mass on Christmas Eve, presided over by Pope Francis, on the Solemnity of the Lord's Birth.

I was wondering this the other day after reading these posts. Does anybody know whether the Pope sits down, like most Europeans, to a celebratory Xmas lunch on Christmas Day? And if so, where does he eat it and with whom, if anyone?

I have read that there are one or two very popular and smart restaurants in Rome that are often patronised by Cardinals and others in non-Covid times. Does the Pope (a very humble man) also sometimes lunch out, on Christmas and other Days? Or would the nuns, who usually cook for the Pope, just prepare a simple repast for him and not bother with special foods for Christmas every year.

Pope Francis has broken with tradition and does not live in the papal apartments. He chooses to live at Casa Santa Marta. He prefers the "community" style of living rather than the papal apartments and it's my understanding that he takes his meals there along with others that are in residence there. He lives simply and most likely eats simply. He *is* a very humble man that doesn't put himself above anyone and often mingles with the general population (much to his security's dismay).

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...sa-santa-marta-apartment-rome-catholic/#close

I did find an article that gives the low down on what the Pope eats though.

https://www.mashed.com/114380/pope-eats/

Christmas Even Mass from St Peters at the Vatican

Well at least they are wearing masks and the soaring ceilings must help with airflow.

It was a holy famlly Mass without pump in a small place of Saint Pierre de Rome.

No offrande and I think no Communion because the Italian TV showed views of the Basilica St Pierre.

At the end Pope Francis prays alone before the Holy Child he unveiled before the Mass , and kiss him and bow.

We were not alone as it was in Mondiovision we were all praying together.

The Pope read the Christ Words : "Courage , je suis avec toi"

The midnight Mass took place at 7.30 pm to allow people to return home before the Lockdown.

The Pope won't be presiding over the New Years Day Mass or Te Deum as the Holy Father is suffering from a "painful sciatica" and Cardinal Pietro Parolin will instead preside over the Mass.

If His Holiness is feeling pain from sciatica, i can identify with him. No matter what position you're in, none of them feel comfortable at all. I know he's being well taken care of and everything he will allow to make him feel more comfortable will be done. In my mind, I kind of see this man though as one that will not let the pain take over and in a way, I can hear my mother's words i heard so often as a child. "Offer your pain up for the poor souls in purgatory".

Although I cannot profess to even call myself Christian or a Catholic any longer, there is much about this man that I do admire and respect. I hope for a very speedy recovery.

For the Pope to miss the New Years Day Mass he must be in some sort of discomfort.

The Pope will celebrate Mass for the Feast of the Epiphany tomorrow having missed New Years Day Mass .

Yesterday, January 8, Pope Francis received Mayor of Rome Virginia Raggi and Lazio Governor Nicola Zingaretti for private audiences:

** rex gallery **

The Pope held his weekly General Audience from the library of the Apostolic Palace.

The Pope offered his prayers to those killed during the rioting at Capitol Hill in Washington DC last Wednesday.

The Vatican confirms that both Pope Benedict XVI and Pope Francis have received the Covid-19 Vaccination.

Pope Francis received Callista L. Gingrich, Ambassador of the United States of America to the Holy See, for a farewell visit to the Vatican today, January 15:

** rex gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom