Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The style of dress is actually lovely IMO. :flowers:

But the colors and pattern, and the texture, remind me of a nursery. Looks like a blanket for a baby when you don't know the gender. Not a good look.

Her hair needs fixing. And the tiara gets lost. I do wish she would wear something bigger. See,s odd a CP has such a minor piece.

I actually like the color of Mette-Marit's dress -- it has such a wonderful springlike color and somehow it looks so fresh and different from her usual style. Yellow-green-white colors work surprisingly well together. I would have preffered some cleavage because it would have created better silhouette.
Its a shame that her tiara gets lost in her blond hair.

Well, I like the colours, the material and the pattern and I like the idea that it could be inspired by a Nordic Spring - I even like the folk-style elements to it. But all these things combined is a little overwhelming - perhaps if, as previously mentioned, the silhouette was different or the sleeves were more fitted it would have worked better.

A different hairstyle would have helped as well, maybe put up higher.

Mette-Marit's style is really rather unique, incomprehensible at times, but individual and generally i think that's a good thing.

The colors are nice but the dress is not. I didn't even realize she had a tiara on as the whole look is so distracting.

MM's dress is just okay. Nothing exceptional about it. She looks nice, that's about all.

nice dress! i like the embroidery on the upper top part. hopefully we get better quality pictures but there's something special about it for me. maybe vilshenko?

I find it lovely. I love the details.

I love the embroidery detail but not the dress nor her hair.

LaRae

Wow, Mette-Marit really pushed the boat out. When was the last time we saw her in a dress that would not have looked out of place on 'Little House on the Prairie'? I really like the soft embroidered yoke of the dress. I even like the trim on the cuffs. Perhaps she is styling a more regency look. You decide.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OBJoHpt3...Y8CE6lBTeP3rjBQCLcB/s400/hs80_mettemarit1.jpg

But let's take a closer look at eye level.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Nv0huXRt...AEFGax1D52-YL3wCLcB/s640/hs80_mettemarit2.jpg

Her hair was amazing as indeed was her tiara.

Love the dress and the style on her, the feature is the yoke.

From a distance I hate to say it I hate it. The embroidery looks like grandmas wallpaper, and just around the yokes and cuff, very dated. The vast expanse of white against her pale skin and does her no favor.

The close up though of the yolk, the embroidery is much finer then it looks from a distance. I still find the yolk and cuff look dated, but up close the embroidery is lovely and delicate.

Her hair looks beautiful. Tiny tiara, but still great to see new one.:flowers:

MM looked great! Whit is one of her best colors IMO. The dress itself is nice, the style and the detailing is different to what she wears, so this was new.

The hairstyle, front on, I don't like it, its too pulled back which doesn't suit her well. The tiara place wasn't flattering IMO but it was different. I liked the hairdo from the back.

Mette-Marit looks good in white but the fit was not the best, plus the materal is oddly folded at her boobs. Unflattering hair and her tiara is almost unnoticable. I expected more of her.

I like the white dress. White is her color and embroidery is wonderful and i just I loved the shoulder area of Mette-Marit's dress. Tiaras seems bit far back on her head, but her hair looks beautiful.

The color is great...can't see much detail on the dress though.

LaRae

Both gowns are very nice on her not sure about the hair on both occasions though

Not a fan of the hair at all....she's not 20 something...the dress I like just not sure it looks good on her.

LaRae

Mette-Marit at a dinner on the occasion of the "Oslo Business for Peace Award 2017" at Skaugum yesterday evening, May 15, wearing a new Erdem flower dress:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Crown Princess Mette-Marit attended the 250th anniversary of Storebrand, Lysaker, yesterday evening, May 31 - nice print and colour:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Last edited:
Lovely color and print :flowers:

But hate the ruffle sleeves and pinafore bib. Not good look on any royal, anyone over five IMO.

Love the color but not the print or the ruffles.

For an evening event at Dypvaag Church on June 8 in connection with the Literature Train 2017 Mette-Marit recycled her Erdem flower dress combined with Louboutin shoes:

** Full view ** Upper part ** May 2017 **

For an evening event at Dypvaag Church on June 8 in connection with the Literature Train 2017 Mette-Marit recycled her Erdem flower dress combined with Louboutin shoes:

Love this dress on her, she wears such print and style well. I wish she wore black pumps.

must admit wasn't to keen when she first wore this dress , but now its grown on me , I like it

Back
Top Bottom