The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2020, 09:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Campbell always strikes me as a rather strange sad person...on the fringes of of Royal and aristocratic life with her face pressed to the window and dying be truly let in.
There are some frankly murky rumors about her origins and upbringing. In the two Diana books she seemed almost aggressive about emphasizing her links to the aristocracy by frequently name dropping her former mother-in-law Margaret Duchess of Argyl. She was briefly married to one of the Argyll sons apparently.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-27-2020, 10:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Her story is easily found just doing a search for Lady Colin Campbell. Through something happening with the way her body was at birth, it was actually these facts being made public that caused a scandal and seems to be the reason behind the very short marriage to Lord Colin Campbell back then.

What makes me dubious about this woman and her books is that she feels she needs to use her ex husband's name, Colin, to garner attention rather than write under her own name. Its as if she's screaming to the world she belongs somewhere that, in actuality, is a far cry from the reality.

Old 06-20-2020, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

The book is slated to come out in July in Amazon. I wonder if the publisher is worried about sales. It's coming out during the height of the Black Lives Matter movement. Protests and statue topplings and removals are happening in the US and the UK and beyond. It could be perceived as a hit piece on a WOC. Businesses in the US are changing their policies and packaging of products in response.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

They need not worry.

The radical activists who are busy toppling statues, probably wouldn't buy the book anyway.
And despite the scale of some of the BLM demonstrations they still constitute a minority - and being a demonstrator doesn't prevent you from reading books in your spare time.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Her story is easily found just doing a search for Lady Colin Campbell. Through something happening with the way her body was at birth, it was actually these facts being made public that caused a scandal and seems to be the reason behind the very short marriage to Lord Colin Campbell back then.

What makes me dubious about this woman and her books is that she feels she needs to use her ex husband's name, Colin, to garner attention rather than write under her own name. Its as if she's screaming to the world she belongs somewhere that, in actuality, is a far cry from the reality.
She may have started writing as Lady Colin Campbell.. and so goes on using that name. She is clealrly someone who thinks a lot of titles and aristocracy so its hardly surprising that she would wnat to use the title even if her marriage is long since over...
Old 06-21-2020, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

Lady Colin Campbell speaking on Australian television about her soon to be released book -

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=983475375443081&_rdr
Old 06-21-2020, 11:51 PM
Courtier

For years the Mail Online would quote Lady Colin Campbell in articles about Diana and they would call her "Prince Charles' cousin Lady Colin Campbell". Until recently I thought she was a cousin of the queen's or something. Was she ever close to the royal family at all?
Old 06-22-2020, 03:57 AM
Majesty

Lady Colin used to pretend that she was Diana's confidante but she was not. She is not related to or close to any members of the BRF as far as I know, and is certainly no relation to Charles or to the Queen. Lady C's father was a store owner in Jamaica.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
For years the Mail Online would quote Lady Colin Campbell in articles about Diana and they would call her "Prince Charles' cousin Lady Colin Campbell". Until recently I thought she was a cousin of the queen's or something. Was she ever close to the royal family at all?

MailOnline was launched in 2003, and whilst there have been articles about Diana since it’s formation I don’t recall ever seeing Lady Colin Campbell quoted in anything. She wasn’t known to the general public until her appearance on I’m A Celebrity.

She married the younger son of The Duke of Argyll in 1974 and divorced him 9 months later but as you can continues to use his title.

It’s quite clear she likes the idea of royalty, she bought a castle for her and her two adopted sons in Surrey in 2013. But no she’s never been close to the royal family in anyway, she’s certainly not Charles’ cousin even by marriage.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
MailOnline was launched in 2003, and whilst there have been articles about Diana since it’s formation I don’t recall ever seeing Lady Colin Campbell quoted in anything. She wasn’t known to the general public until her appearance on I’m A Celebrity.

She married the younger son of The Duke of Argyll in 1974 and divorced him 9 months later but as you can continues to use his title.

It’s quite clear she likes the idea of royalty, she bought a castle for her and her two adopted sons in Surrey in 2013. But no she’s never been close to the royal family in anyway, she’s certainly not Charles’ cousin even by marriage.
This is rather sad - she comes across of knowledgeable and in the know - which is not good as the interviewers do not say that she is not at all what she is appearing to be, completely giving the wrong impression. I thought she was at least in the aristocracy - now it appears as nothing but name dropping.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
This is rather sad - she comes across of knowledgeable and in the know - which is not good as the interviewers do not say that she is not at all what she is appearing to be, completely giving the wrong impression. I thought she was at least in the aristocracy - now it appears as nothing but name dropping.
She married a member of the aristocracy adn she is a wealthy woman so she probalby has aristocratic freinds. However she is not AFAIK in the royal circle.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post

She’s the U.K. equivalent of buying a title, and then assuming everything follows suit. It doesn’t. She released a video yesterday saying it was Henry and Meghan’s “present” to William on his birthday and it was just bile.

She doesn’t understand a single thing about how real aristocracy and titles work.

I would bet she knows about as much as Wikipedia does about the royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
She married a member of the aristocracy adn she is a wealthy woman so she probalby has aristocratic freinds. However she is not AFAIK in the royal circle.

She married the second son of a Duke, 46 years ago and divorced him within 9 months.

It’s often been reported that the only way she upkeeps Goring Castle is by selling her title on various tv shows and being a “royal rumour mill”.

Anyone with true aristocratic “blood”, would steer well clear of her as she’s known to cause trouble. She’s had several books cancelled, pulled and heavily edited due to defamation claims.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
She’s the U.K. equivalent of buying a title, and then assuming everything follows suit. It doesn’t. She released a video yesterday saying it was Henry and Meghan’s “present” to William on his birthday and it was just bile.

She doesn’t understand a single thing about how real aristocracy and titles work.

I would bet she knows about as much as Wikipedia does about the royals.

She married the second son of a Duke, 46 years ago and divorced him within 9 months.

It’s often been reported that the only way she upkeeps Goring Castle is by selling her title on various tv shows and being a “royal rumour mill”.

Anyone with true aristocratic “blood”, would steer well clear of her as she’s known to cause trouble. She’s had several books cancelled, pulled and heavily edited due to defamation claims.
Im sure that she has upper class friends, if only because she is wealthy and owns a castle. Yes of course she makes her money by writing silly books and appearing on TV talking about the RF.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:34 AM
Courtier

Lady Colin Campbell is a remarkable person. She is quite frank and open about her early-life gender issues. She is also considered fine and entertaining company at dinner, tea or what have you. While she is relentless with her public relations when she has a book coming out, she is not usually wrong with the basic framework of her suppositions about the BRF.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Im sure that she has upper class friends, if only because she is wealthy and owns a castle. Yes of course she makes her money by writing silly books and appearing on TV talking about the RF.

I could own a castle and be wealthy, doesn’t mean I have “upper class friends”. There isn’t a single google images picture of her with any form of aristocratic or upper class individuals. She’s never been on the “society” pages of Tatler or Vanity Fair because everyone knows she’s a fake.

We must bear in mind this is the woman who went on Good Morning Britain and defended Jeffrey Epstein.

Her ex-husband actually apologised to Charles for the appalling piece of trash she wrote about his marriage to Diana in 1992.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I could own a castle and be wealthy, doesn’t mean I have “upper class friends”. There isn’t a single google images picture of her with any form of aristocratic or upper class individuals. She’s never been on the “society” pages of Tatler or Vanity Fair because everyone knows she’s a fake.

We must bear in mind this is the woman who went on Good Morning Britain and defended Jeffrey Epstein.

Her ex-husband actually apologised to Charles for the appalling piece of trash she wrote about his marriage to Diana in 1992.
I dont say she's a nice person.. she's snobbish, she's arrogant and silly..and her writing is pretty bad and inaccurate. but it doesn't mean that she mght not have some upper class friends.. I doubt she woudl have any friends who are part of the royal circle because of the nature of her work... They are not likley to pal up with someone who is a writer on royal issues...and who gets it wrong so often.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:48 AM
Majesty

I think her new book will be a worthy addition to those who feel compelled to fill the empty shelves in the library are of their new home. It's a good space filler and it does it's job.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think her new book will be a worthy addition to those who feel compelled to fill the empty shelves in the library are of their new home. It's a good space filler and it does it's job.
Ouch!!!
Old 06-23-2020, 08:46 AM
Royal Highness

I was starting to think Lady Colin Campbell’s book wasn’t going to be that interesting ... but maybe it will be quite explosive after all.

Certainly the presenters on UK morning television - who have a copy - have had a quite explosive interview with her.

And all the UK media have reported on their exchanges.

Will now be waiting for this book’s release with more anticipation than previously.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Lady Colin has been interviewed a few times about this book. None of them really ended as a positive for her. The Times review almost mocked her. This book is fill with internet gossip and conspiracies. Good luck to her.

Closed Thread