Queen Máxima, Current Events 3: November 2021 - present

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

She started her speech talking about her personal motivation to be participating in it. She talks about her sister and says that for a long time she was wondering, what more could I have done? She also said that her two eldest daughter 'spoke to someone' and that they appreciated the experience. In the press conference afterwards it becomes clear that she actually has researched the topic - as she already stated in her speech. She relates it back to the topic of her sister: "perhaps we should have looked for help at a much earlier stage".

Last edited:
:previous:

She started her speech talking about her personal motivation to be participating in it. She talsk about her sister and says that for a long time she was wondering, what more could I have done? She also said that her two eldest daughter 'spoke to someone' and that they appreciated the experience. In the press conference afterwards it becomes clear that she actuallyhas researched the topic - as she already stated in her speech. She relates it back to the topic of her sister: "perhaps we should have looked for help at a much earlier stage".

Both her speech and the press conference were impressive.She knows what she is talking about and urges everyone to talk,starting from a young age.I thought it moving as she spoke about her sister.Really,she knows the whole spectrum,thoroughly,and shares her knowledge and that is so great,to get it out of the tabu.Never to be ashamed.

I was wondering if and when she would get behind a project such as this.
Both her and Queen Letizia have lost sisters due to mental health issues so it makes perfect sense that they would get involved and promote mental health organizations.

I recall the interview from her 50th birthday and how she mentioned the peace she felt that her family did everything and how she wondered if it was genetic. I'm glad she's got the girls seeing someone and that mental health issues are not being hidden under the rug.

Apparently Argentina has the highest number of psychologists per capita in the world so its perhaps not surprising that she and the girls have spoken to someone. Its no bad thing to talk to someone independent from family and friends. I hope its a success.

The King's own father has had severe depressions from 1981 until his end in 2002, with several periods of staying in a clinic. So mental illnesses will not be something alien to the royal family.

Queen Máxima has also given an interview why she is comitted for the MIND Us foundation:

Today, March 31, Queen Máxima as a member of the Dutch Committee for Entrepreneurship visited the company High Eye in Dordrecht:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
This morning, April 1, Queen Máxima participated in a broadcast of 'Start with Fernando' by Fernando Halman at radio station NPO FunX for a talk about money matters.

** anp gallery ** rex gallery ** ppe gallery **

Thank you for sharing. Some highlights from the interview.

-Máxima decided to study economics as a result of a difficult economic time in Argentina. Inflation went to 2000% many people suffered financially.

-To make extra money as a youngster she tutored younger kids in math

- When she was younger she made financial mistakes. She once bought an expensive hair product that didn't work for her hair. Due to that terrible purchase she had to work really hard to afford a trip with friends.

-Triple A all get pocket money but are all very responsible.

-If they (Triple A) lose it (make bad purchases or spend it all fast) she doesn't bail them out . The need to learn a lesson.

-There is no shame in saying you need financial help

Last edited:
Queen Máxima attended a meeting about the programme 'All young people a home' against homlessness among youong people of Kansfonds in Zoetermeer today, April 13:

** rex gallery ** ppe gallery ** anp gallery **

Last edited:
Queen Máxima as Honorary President of MIND Us paid a working visit to the Hogeschool Leiden in the context of student welfare in further education and the mental health of students in higher and scientific education today, May 18:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

Later she visited The Green Village of the TU Delft together with European Commissioner Mariya Gabriel:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

** gettyimages gallery: NLD: Queen Maxima Of The Netherlands Visits TU Delft **

Last edited:
The queen said she was a bit nervous but according to her tandem-partner she did exactly as she was told during the briefing, so she could be proud of herself.

See NOS-article.

What a great sport. Last year she drove a truck & was able to park backwards. And now she is parachuting. A great way to draw attention to the DPS.

What a great sport. Last year she drove a truck & was able to park backwards. And now she is parachuting. A great way to draw attention to the DPS.

Agree that the Queen is a great sport but wonder about her not wearing a helmet…?:ermm: A bit worrisome for a crowned head, I would think…but I am definitely not as brave as her and have never jumped out of a plane!

Nah,we don't do helmets,not always regardless if we jump,ride a bicycle or any other vehicle that makes foreigners shreek.She was OK,nothing to bump ones head into 4 km up in the sky.She's a daredevil,a champ,a one of a kind,a drop dead beautifull Queen with brains to envy....Did I leave anything out?...Nah,don't think so...Well done girl,you rock!!

Last edited:
Queen Máxima as honorary chairwoman of SchuldenlabNL was scheduled to deliver the closing speech at the meeting 'Pact II towards a debt-free Netherlands' in Amsterdam today, June 7. As she couldn't arrive back from Argentina in time, she attended virtually instead:

** Pic **

Queen Máxima visited the Textiel Museum in Tilburg today, June 30, and helped making new curtains for the Chinese Hall of Paleis Huis ten Bosch:

** anp gallery ** ppe gallery **

Back
Top Bottom