The new babys godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who do you think will be among the new baby's godparents?

• Prince Nikolaos of Greece

Votes: 11 8.2%
  • Crown Prince/ss Pavlos of Greece

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Edward or Sophie of Wessex

Votes: 38 28.4%
  • Kyril or Rosario of Bulgaria

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Willem-Alexander or Maxima of the Netherlands

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • Constantijn or Laurentien of the Netherlands

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Morten Andreassen

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Per or Espen Høiby

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Kristin Høiby Bjørnøy

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Others, please specify.

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hippiesheep said:
Let's just hope it's not Mrs. M.C. Glücksburg b. Miller

:rolleyes:
hehe.. MC.. Njaa.. She's okey but I don't wish her to be Sverres godmother but Mette-Marit is pretty close to her.. Sorry:D

Princess Märthe Louise of Norway and Ari Behn and Mette Marit's brothers and sister

pollyemma said:
I definitely think either Maxima or WA will be chosen. I dont think they'll choose Laurentien or constantijn as L is godmother Leah Isadora and I get the impression royal families like to "diversify" godparents.

btw, I will be personally offended if Maxima isnt asked to be godmother to Leonor of Spain. it seems so appropriate. Maxima's catholic, she can get to know her godchild by speaking to her in spanish and besides she's fabulous. It's a perfect fit.

I don't think there is the slightest possibility that Maxima will be Leonors godmother. The catholics can only have one godfather and one godmother and it is customary to select close relatives. My guess would be either the king or queen and a member of Leti's family.

Now to Sverre: As Ingrid had almost all the other crownprinces (Felipe, Frederik, Victoria) as godparent it might be Willem-Alexanders turn now, though it is a dubious honour.

Last edited:
i think they'll go with swedish or danish royal's...probably from the younger generations...

is their a Roman Catholic ban on Protestant Royal babies

Lena said:
I think Prince Carl Philip wouldn´t be bad. He is in a similar situation as the little prince (elder sister becoming queen, Scandinavian protestant Royal house, close family bonds...his father is godfather of Haakon)
The only thing is, that he isn´t in their stage of life as e.g. the prince of Orange (who also has two little children) is. So I guess, when they don´t choose many godparents, Carl Philip won´t be among them.
But they chose Victoria as godparent and she is just a few years older than C-P so perhaps he will be a godparent. I think he would be a great choice

Yennie said:
But they chose Victoria as godparent and she is just a few years older than C-P so perhaps he will be a godparent. I think he would be a great choice
No, but Haakon have had more to do with Victoria than he has had with Carl Philip, at least when we look at it officially. The recent official visits, etc... Maybe also unofficially, it was Victoria who accompanied them on a ski-trip... Besides, she also read at Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding.

But Carl Philip would certainly be an interesting choice, in that he knows a lot of the things Sverre Magnus will go through.

Royal Fan said:
is their a Roman Catholic ban on Protestant Royal babies
No, not that I can think of immediately. Felipe of Spain was one of Ingrid Alexandra's godparents.

Marengo said:
I don't think there is the slightest possibility that Maxima will be Leonors godmother. The catholics can only have one godfather and one godmother and it is customary to select close relatives. My guess would be either the king or queen and a member of Leti's family.

Now to Sverre: As Ingrid had almost all the other crownprinces (Felipe, Frederik, Victoria) as godparent it might be Willem-Alexanders turn now.

Maybe there is a difference between the Spanish catholic church and the Brazilian one, but I (I am brazilian, by the way and have been raised as a catholic) have one godparent and one godmother but my two sisters have two godparents and two godmothers each and some of them are protestants and there weren't any trouble about it. Well, maybe in other countries are different but I also have a lot of catholics cousins who have more than one godfather and one godmother.

id like to see Mybe Felipe And Letizia King Albert II
Mybe the Duke of York

I voted others because I think the godparents would be Märtha Luisa and Felipe of Spain

crisiñaki said:
I voted others because I think the godparents would be Märtha Luisa and Felipe of Spain
Both of them are godparents to Ingrid

seeing Ingrid's godparents include heirs-to-throne like frederik, felipe, and victoria...
Willem-Alexander (of whom Haakon & MM spent a holiday with) is a good possibility.
It would be interesting if Ari is also included as a godfather, as to Queen Sonja (like in the case of marta's 2nd daughter)
then, i'd like to see royal cousin, like Carl-Philip to be a godfather.
to round-up, how about MM's sister, Kristin Hoiby

I think the godparents will be Máxima or W-A, Ari and Kirstin Hoiby

How about:

Queen Sonja
Ari Behn
CP Mary
Prince Carl Philip
Prince Constantijn
Kristin Høiby Bjørnsoy

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands ???? Prince Pieter-Christaan (Maybe even the U.S. Ambassador to Norway) hey it could work :p

My guesses

The Queen
Prince Willem Alexander or Prince Constantijn
Mary
Earl of Wessex
One of the Ferner or Lorentzen cousins
Morten Andreassen

I would have never guessed Mary a week ago but after the double stunt this weekend Im pretty sure they will choose her. I would have thought Prince Carl Philip a better choice since he is the only one currently in Sverres situation, that is the prospect of beeing ruled by an older, somewhat bossy, sister

Im also unsure if the will go for the King or Queen, King Olav was godfather to all his grandchildren I think, but since Märtha already chose the Queen for Leah Isadora I think they will do the same

Last edited:
does anyone have any idea on when the date of the christening of sverre will be made public?
is it tradition for the norwegians to make public the godparents as well in the same press release?

i vote for queen sonja, mette's brother, willem alexander, rosario nadal, carl philip and marie chantal

Larzen said:
My guesses

The Queen
Prince Willem Alexander or Prince Constantijn
Mary
Earl of Wessex
One of the Ferner or Lorentzen cousins
Morten Andreassen

I would have never guessed Mary a week ago but after the double stunt this weekend Im pretty sure they will choose her. I would have thought Prince Carl Philip a better choice since he is the only one currently in Sverres situation, that is the prospect of beeing ruled by an older, somewhat bossy, sister

Im also unsure if the will go for the King or Queen, King Olav was godfather to all his grandchildren I think, but since Märtha already chose the Queen for Leah Isadora I think they will do the same

After this weekend I'm also quite sure they will take CP Mary.
My other guesses are:
The Queen
Ari Behn
Prince Carl Philip

The norwegian royals seem pretty close to the british royals and I would love to see one of them be a god parent. Charles and Camilla seem to have a good relationship with H and M-M. I would like to see the brits leave the island and join their cousins on the continent.

we have wait and see if CP couple would chose godparents for their baby if CP couple wanted Earl and Countess of Wessex as godparent of baby i would like see Wessexes in Norway

after the surprise on Christian of Denmark's wedding :

i would guess Queen Sonja, then Crown Princess Mary of Denmark (it would be mary's first royal godchild), Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of Netherlands (they do spent holidays together last year), their cousin Prince Carl Philip of Sweden (and i could only hope for their next child is princess madeleine), then their in-law Ari Behn, Prince Kyril of Bulgaria (then seemed close when they spent holidays in palma de mallorca), & to round up, mette-marit's sister, Kristin Hoiby

Last edited:
i like chose Earl and Countess of Wessex for godparents and CP Willem-Alexander and CP Maxima of Orange because they top of godparents polls

I Think so too she would be a great choice actually I Think

-Màxima of the Netherlands
-Mary of Denmark
-Kistin Hoiby
-Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
-Ari Behn
-Earl of Wessex

Now i really go for MAXIMA, she will attend to the christening not acompanied by her husband

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom