10th wedding anniversary of Haakon & Mette-Marit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marian

Nobility
City
mexico
Country
Mexico
Last edited by a moderator:
The Crown Prince Couple celebrates their 10 year wedding anniversary with a church service in Oslo Cathedral on August 25, 2011. Bishop Ole Christian Kvarme will lead the service, which starts at 3pm. Former Bishop Gunnar Stålsett, who wedded Crown Prince and Princess in 2001, will hold a speech.
After the service there will be a larger, open event at University Square in Oslo under the auspices of the Crown Princess's Humanitarian Fund, where the couple will be present. In the evening the Crown Prince and Princess celebrate the day with the King and Queen with a private dinner at the Palace.

Kronprinsparet feirer ti års bryllupsdag - adressa.no
Google Translation

Looking forward to it :flowers:

From the official calendar of the swedish royal family, Victoria and Daniel will attend the festivities:

Närvaro vid firandet av norska Kronprinsparets 10-åriga bröllopsdag, Oslo domkyrka, Norge
Deltagare: Kronprinsessan Victoria, Prins Daniel

I suppose the celebrations will be cancelled after the horrible happenings in Norway...

The celebrations are one month away. Though it will be though, life at one point or the other will have to go on again

It is over a month to the celebration. "The show must go on", and the people of Norway have to continue living, even though it is tough. The celebration includes a service at a cathedral and a private dinner, why should they be cancelled?

true, somehow I thought their anniversary was july 25th and not august 25th. sorry. mixed it up.

The celebrations are one month away. Though it will be though, life at one point or the other will have to go on again

Perhaps. But I think that the celebrations will be scaled back significantly, perhaps only to include a church service. The money that would be spent would be better spent going to the families of the victims.

That would be my suggestion. The Royal family of Norway seems to be a bit more sensitive to such considerations, so I'm certain they will strike an appropriate balance.

Congratulations to Haakon and MM. I must say that they proved everybody wrong including me.

There will be a church service and national day of Mourning on August 21st in Norway, will it be appropriate to have a grand celebration only 4 days after a day of mourning? What a shame, as this is a good occasion to celebrate, as many people thought they wouldn't make it here...

There will be a church service and national day of Mourning on August 21st in Norway, will it be appropriate to have a grand celebration only 4 days after a day of mourning? What a shame, as this is a good occasion to celebrate, as many people thought they wouldn't make it here...

I don´t think that the wedding celebration is so grand, they have a service at the church and a private dinner.

Congratulations Princess Mette-Marit & Prince Hakoon. Health, luck, success, joy and family, you get ...

Congratulations to Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit for their 10th wedding anniversary !

:norwayflag::rose:

It is over a month to the celebration. "The show must go on", and the people of Norway have to continue living, even though it is tough. The celebration includes a service at a cathedral and a private dinner, why should they be cancelled?

They started off their marriage by going on a honeymoon to USA and was in New York on 9/11 iirc. They will overcome this event also

What a shame, as this is a good occasion to celebrate, as many people thought they wouldn't make it here...

Many people thought that? I, and believe me, a staunch and keen royal watcher, didn´t hear or read anything about that 10 years ago! The worries back then had more to do with the bride´s background but not that they wouldn´t manage their marriage.

The money that would be spent would be better spent going to the families of the victims.

What has money to do with the loss of life of a loved one? Do you think money would comfort parents or siblings?!
The victim´s didn´t come out of pauper´s houses - so I really do not see any connection with this horrid attack and the money might being spent at the CP´s wedding anniversary...?! I would only agree if people lost their homes and properties due to nature catostrophy, fire, etc. But in this case...

I thought the celebrations were just a mass and a private dinner. I don't understand why peole make such a big fuss over this. A mass is very appropriate, IMHO, and come on don't they deserve a private dinner amongst family and friends?
Mette-Marit lost a relative, too, I think she might have an idea as to what is appropriate and what is not.

What a shame, as this is a good occasion to celebrate, as many people thought they wouldn't make it here...

Many people thought that? I, and believe me, a staunch and keen royal watcher, didn´t hear or read anything about that 10 years ago! The worries back then had more to do with the bride´s background but not that they wouldn´t manage their marriage.

Many people thought she wouldn't make it in the royal world, they may not have said divorce directly, but many people had their doubts she would last.

Open spaces in the Cathedral

A limited number of tickets is available for those who wish to be present at the celebration of the Crown Prince couple's 10 year anniversary in the Oslo Cathedral.
The service will be held on Thursday 25 August at 15.00.

In addition to invited guests from the official Norway, friends and family and people from communities that Crown Prince couple has worked with over the years, the Crown Prince couple wants to give 200 places available for those who wish to participate.
Entry cards are free and can be picked up at Oslo Cathedral parish office Kirkeristen, Karl Johans gate 11, Tuesday 16 August from 16:00 until 18:00, max 2 per person.
kongehuset.no - Åpne plasser i Domkirken

As Fred was best man at the wedding, I wonder if he and Mary will attend the private dinner. Congratulations to the couple. It can not be easy for an ordinary girl to make the adjustment to living in a fish bowl existence, but love seems to have conquered here.

I think Mette-Marit has done extremely well, as far as I can see.
Comparing her with other Princesses, she must have found things much harder, especially at the beginning, when the people of Norway had to get used to a stepchild ....

I think she is an asset, and an adornment.

Beautiful picture gallery about the couple through the years!
And a bit down there is again Haakon's wedding speech to Mette-Marit - always wonderful to watch :wub:
– Jeg er så takknemlig for at hun har villet være sammen med meg - Norge - NRK Nyheter
Google Translation

The Crown Prince family met Thomas Numme and Harald Rønneberg. They talked about how they met and about life together. Thomas and Harald were with the couple and their children in everyday and summer activities such as baking and windsurfing. It will be aired on TV on August 25.
http://www.kongehuset.no/c27217/nyhet/vis.html?tid=93263
Google Translation

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! Great pictures of them during interview.
Looking forward to see it on TV August 25.

As Fred was best man at the wedding, I wonder if he and Mary will attend the private dinner.
If the private dinner is on 25 August I don't think they will attend. They have an official event in DK that evening.

Renata4711
Comparing her with other Princesses, she must have found things much harder, especially at the beginning, when the people of Norway had to get used to a stepchild ....
IMO things were hard for her BEFORE the wedding and her acceptance as royal bride. But I think the circumstances AFTER the wedding were not harder for her than for other princesses who had to prove themselves (Mary and Maxima who had to learn a new language, adapt to a new country, Letizia who had to deal with the strict Spanish protocol and - I dare say - sexism).
And AFAIR cute Marius was actually a plus point for Mette-Marit. That way she was not only perceived as a woman with a controversial past but also as a caring mother who would be a good mother for the future royal children as well (the bishop actually stressed her motherhood out in his speech).
Perhaps Mette-Marit found it harder than other princesses to adapt herself to her new situation but I don't think it was because the circumstances were harder. Could you imagine Maxima, Mary or Letizia taking one year off to study in London or 2 months to travel? The Norwegians seem to be very tolerant people.

Now, even if it doesn't sound like it :), they are actually one of my favourite royal couples and I congratulate them on the occasion of their 10th anniversary.

Last edited:
NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

I hope this video will work for those outside Norway as well. It’s an interview with the journalist who has been following the Crown Princess, and family for a year and a half now, and we see some clips from the two programs that will air this autumn in connexion with the ten year anniversary.

We are shown a clip of Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Sverre Magnus sitting outside at their cabin at Dvergsøya drinking out of plastic cups and having put straws upon straws inside each other to make one long one, so they can drink with their glasses on the steps below them. The Princess says she is able to drink with the glass down there and m up here, my mouth up here. The Prince shows the cameraman his straw and asks him what he sees and then if he can watch.

Later we are shown at clip of The Crown prince couple and Princess Ingrid Alexandra practicing a performance they are going to make for the King and Queen with guests at the Royal ship in the hours before the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. This reminds me of an interview or maybe a book where I think the Queen says they used to have Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Märtha Louise perform at different family gatherings to get used to being in the spotlight and appearing publicly.

The Crown Princess says she always walks barefoot so it’s no problem for her to do in the woods when they walk towards the water. She talks about how see is a very social person, but one that also needs time alone, and enjoys quiet moments. These moments are found by the sea and up in the mountains where she gets a chance to charge her batteries.

There will be two programs made, one airing next week, that is about the love and open affection between the Crown Prince couple. Then later on this autumn the program where we see the Crown Princess as both an official person and in her everyday life will air.

Back
Top Bottom