The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-08-2017, 02:32 AM
Administrator

That's true. I think the therapy pets sector should be enlarged significantly!

Yesterday, March 7, the Prince of Wales as President of the Royal College of Music attended the college's annual awards ceremony in London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** msn video **

** rcm: HRH The Prince of Wales honours outstanding musicians and industry leaders in annual Presidents Visit **

Old 03-15-2017, 07:21 AM
Administrator

On March 13 the Prince of Wales as Patron of the National Gallery viewed the Michelangelo & Sebastiano exhibition at the National Gallery that will be open for the public from today till the end of June:

** fb gallery ** nationalgallery: The National Gallerys Royal Patron HRH The Prince of Wales visits The Credit Suisse Exhibition: Michelangelo & Sebastiano **

Old 03-15-2017, 09:06 PM
Courtier

The Prince of Wales attended the Prince's Trust Awards.

It's hard to find coverage that doesn't just cover what female celebrities were wearing. At least this article focuses where it should - on the young people who have overcome adversity to achieve success.

Celebrating Success: Today's Prince's Trust Award Nominees Are An Inspiration To Us All | The Huffington Post

It's also good that some of the local press have focused on young people from their areas:

Southampton woman in line for Prince's Trust award to join the likes of Ant & Dec at bash (From Daily Echo)

Homeless man from Norwich turned success honoured at red carpet awards with Ant and Dec - News - Eastern Daily Press
Old 03-16-2017, 03:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB View Post
It's hard to find coverage that doesn't just cover what female celebrities were wearing. At least this article focuses where it should - on the young people who have overcome adversity to achieve success.
So true, I often think the same when these kind of events for a good cause are celebrated..

Here are some additional pics from yesterday:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **
Old 03-17-2017, 08:06 AM
Administrator

The Prince's International Sustainability Unit, the World Cocoa Foundation and the Sustainable Trade Initiative organized a meeting at Spencer House, St James's Place yesterday, March 16. The Prince of Wales was present and held a speech, see here.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** telegraph: Prince Charles and chocolate companies pledge to end deforestation in cocoa industry **
Old 05-31-2017, 10:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales will take over as royal patron of the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust (QEST) from The Queen-
https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyaNikkh...24468696387584

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Prince Charles paid a visit to Chartwell House in Westerham, Kent on Monday
The property was home to the Churchill and is now owned by the National Trust
The Prince was given a tour by Churchill's grandson Sir Nicholas Soames

Here's a video from the visit earlier today.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Here's a gallery of the visit the Prince of Wales made as Patron of the Rare Breeds Survival Trust today:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Prince of Wales Visits Jimmy's Farm **
Old 06-22-2017, 03:54 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales as Patron of the Soil Association attended a reception with supporters of the organic food movement to mark the 70th anniversary of the association and he visited a food fair, including the Innovative Farmers, Food for Life and Duchy Originals stands in London today, June 22:

** dailymail: Charles: Future of humanity may depend on move to sustainable farming practices **
Old 06-28-2017, 02:53 AM
Administrator

On June 24 the Prince of Wales as Patron of the Welsh National Opera attended a performance of "Die Fledermaus" at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff:

** wno: The Prince of Wales attends our final Cardiff performance **
Old 07-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's School of Traditional Arts attended the school's Degree Show and saw their works in London today, July 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** paimages gallery **
Old 07-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Royal Highness

This man, Prince Charles is one of the busiest royals out there. He really understands his mother's work ethic to a T. I do admire him for I think most don't understand that he is one very brilliant businessman also. Hopefully in the far off distant future people will come to see that he will make a great King Charles.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is a man that takes a brisk walk to relax. He's constantly on the go doing something. I agree that most people don't realize just how much this man has accomplished in his tenure as Prince of Wales. Not many realize too that Charles has 56 books to his credit as an author or co-author. He's an astute businessman, accomplished painter and definitely has a green thumb.

His time to shine is coming but I do think he'll be remembered in history more for what he's accomplished as The Prince of Wales rather than as a King.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Serene Highness

Absolutely M. Payton & Osipi!

You can tell by the pictures in the links just how engaged he is with the artists. He does his research (or at least studies the information provided to him by advisors), and is an informed and interested patron. I doubt that he writes his own speeches, but he most likely takes data points provided to him and compiles them into his own voice, so he sounds knowledgeable about the subject at hand. He is someone to be admired IMO.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This is a man that takes a brisk walk to relax. He's constantly on the go doing something. I agree that most people don't realize just how much this man has accomplished in his tenure as Prince of Wales. Not many realize too that Charles has 56 books to his credit as an author or co-author. He's an astute businessman, accomplished painter and definitely has a green thumb.

His time to shine is coming but I do think he'll be remembered in history more for what he's accomplished as The Prince of Wales rather than as a King.

He wrote or co-authored *56* books, amazing and I did not know this about him. So off to my favorite book site to find his books. Yes he has the green thumb I wish I had, I love gardening and so wish for that piece of land to plant things. One dream trip would be to see his gardens and perhaps some advice if he is around.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Here's a listing to make it easier on you. Some of the 56 books, I've noticed, is that he's just has written a foreword. I have his Harmony and the book itself reflects the man. Its a work of art.

He's been a very busy Prince of Wales and that's reflected in the immense success of The Prince's Trust and all of his other endeavors.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/lis...rince_of_Wales
Old 07-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales as Patron launched the new Royal Parks Charity in Hyde Park today, July 13. The new organisation has been created following the merger of the Royal Parks Agency and the Royal Parks Foundation.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince of Wales Launches Royal Parks Charity **
Old 09-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Majesty

Strongly recommend this piece by Chris Ship of ITN - he is new to the royal beat and tends to take a firm but fair line but always needs convincing.

How Charles is helping an entire community

Dumfries House: The ten year plan which lifted a town - ITV News

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Strongly recommend this piece by Chris Ship of ITN - he is new to the royal beat and tends to take a firm but fair line but always needs convincing.

How Charles is helping an entire community

Dumfries House: The ten year plan which lifted a town - ITV News
Thank you Cepe. What an excellent article.

Also a new patronage for the Prince, jointly with the President of Ireland

President Michael D. Higgins and HRH Prince Charles become joint patrons of Liverpool Institute of Irish Studies
Old 09-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Majesty

Thank you! I meant to add that stuff re Liverpool and it slipped my mind.

That report from ITN is so fair and good. I hope many people see it.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales, the prince's charities, the prince's trust