The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall: Royal Tour to Canada, May 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will pay a three-day visit to Canada (Newfoundland and Labrador, Ottawa, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories) in May.

The Governor General of Canada Mary Simon released an announcement today:

** gg.ca: Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall to Undertake a Royal Tour of Canada this Spring **

And here's the message from Clarence House:

** Announcement **

Looking forward to the quick tour. I do not think C&C have been to Canada since 2014.

Looking forward to the quick tour. I do not think C&C have been to Canada since 2014.

They visited in 2017 for the 150th anniversary of confederation.

Last edited:
I hope the Duchess packs her winter coats; Whitehorse and Yellowknife are cold unless there's a heatwave.

That's a lot of travelling over only three days, oof. But at least they will do it in more comfort than us proles :)

Newfoundland was a late comer to Canada of course. And I understand that they retain a distinct culture along with a unique dialect/accent. They sound Irish/English West Country to me. Lovely accent! Are attitudes to the monarchy the same among Newfoundlanders as with other Anglo Canadians?

Last edited:
Here are two more videos of day 1 today:

Last edited:
My local news channel ran a piece about the visit with a headline that included 'Prince Charles and Lady Camilla'.

You'd think someone in the editing room could spare ten seconds to verify titles and styles, but apparently not...

My local news channel ran a piece about the visit with a headline that included 'Prince Charles and Lady Camilla'.

You'd think someone in the editing room could spare ten seconds to verify titles and styles, but apparently not...

Unfortunately, I often see royal titles being used incorrectly, especially by people from outside the UK. Particularly jarring to me is the use of "Duchess Camilla" or "Duchess Meghan"!

Live stream of the ceremony at the National War Memorial:

Here's a video from today's visit to the Canada's National War Memorial

Was the Prince of Wales already a Companion of the more senior Order of Canada?

Yes. He was wearing the OC pin in his lapel in the video of the visit to N&L yesterday, and I don't imagine they'd have the Prince of Wales as a mere member.

Back
Top Bottom