Queen Camilla, Current Events Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Camilla_zps5975f0c8.png

Arms of HM Queen Camilla

Welcome to Queen Camilla's
Current Events Thread, Part One

Commencing September 8, 2022

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Love the look of the Regency Room, I wonder if Camilla is using it as a "base" at BP.

Love the look of the Regency Room, I wonder if Camilla is using it as a "base" at BP.

I suspect the Queen will "try" a few rooms before settling on what feels right for her. No doubt the ongoing renovations at BP will also impact the choice of available rooms.

Queen Camilla presents Mikhail Baryshnikov with the Royal Academy of Dance's highest honour, the Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Award, in recognition of his contribution to ballet and the wider world of dance, during a ceremony in the White Drawing Room at Buckingham Palace today 16 November

https://www.paimages.co.uk/headline/1939497
https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...ademy_of_danceas_(rad)_highest_honour,_london
http://images.gtresnews.com/es/feat...khail-baryshnikov/page/1/SN/ACTUALITY_REALEZA
https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2/image?events=775900561&family=editorial

Last edited:
According to the description, next week the QC is attending a party to introduce the bears to their new families.
Awww.
More info about the upcoming event and The Paddington Project!: https://www.royal.uk/paddington

Last edited:
That's i call a right royal turnout, scheduled for next week :

The Queen will host a 'violence against women and girls' reception at Buckingham Palace on 29 November at which the Queen of the Belgians, the Queen of Jordan, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and the Countess of Wessex will be present.

Oh my word, I am very much looking forward to this! So happy the Queen Consort is continuing to champion that cause.

That's i call a right royal turnout, scheduled for next week :

The Queen will host a 'violence against women and girls' reception at Buckingham Palace on 29 November at which the Queen of the Belgians, the Queen of Jordan, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and the Countess of Wessex will be present.

This is wonderful news. I was reading Lady Anne Glenconner's memoir again this week and I came across the news that her new one was inspired by Queen Camilla encouraging her to speak up about her experiences of domestic violence. She seems to care very much about this cause and it's wonderful that so many other royal women are coming together to support it with her.

This is wonderful news. I was reading Lady Anne Glenconner's memoir again this week and I came across the news that her new one was inspired by Queen Camilla encouraging her to speak up about her experiences of domestic violence. She seems to care very much about this cause and it's wonderful that so many other royal women are coming together to support it with her.

Agreed. Glad to see this happening.

Crown Princess Mary has been involved in this issue since at least 2008 via patronages and The Mary Foundation. In fact, one of the 3 main focus areas of the foundation is domestic violence. Her work includes successful programs and initiative and multiple humanitarian trips focusing on rights and girls/women, speaking out against female genital mutilation, intimate partner violence, etc
She's not new to this issue. In fact in 2014 she won a Bambi Award for her charity work in the area of domestic violence. Her work and accomplishments in this area comprises quite a long list.

So lovely little video, I am happy they don't throw them away !:flowers:

Whoever had them hanging out at Clarence House and Buckingham Palace is both very clever and creative and a nice, thoughtful person. And I hope that the picture of Camilla with all the Paddingtons is, if not the Christmas card, at least used for something.

I think everything from the Jubilee to this point has re-proven that the things children connect to are very powerful indeed.

Queen Camilla delivered Paddington Teddy Bears to Barnardo's Nursery in London in tribute to Queen Elizabeth today, November 24:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
So lovely little video, I am happy they don't throw them away !:flowers:

Great idea. And the fact that they were delivered by the Queen to Barnardo's makes it that much more special.

Great idea. And the fact that they were delivered by the Queen to Barnardo's makes it that much more special.

My thoughts too and a really lovely personal gesture.

I think one of Michael Bond's children joined her for the picnic, if I'm not mistaken.

It was very impressive they got that officer in full Guards uniform to deliver the basket!

How nice from the Queen. And i see Lord Grantham (don't rember the name of the actor) was also there.

I think this is such a lovely way to recycle the Paddingtons. After seeing the video showing how they were cleaned and restored, I wonder how many of the ones that were left at various sites were salvageable, and how many had to be disposed of.

Here's another video of the Paddington Picnic. It's interesting that apparently some very bright person had to come up with the donation idea; it was not just always going to happen this way. (However much I love the idea of hundreds of Paddingtons living royally.)

Here's another video of the Paddington Picnic. It's interesting that apparently some very bright person had to come up with the donation idea; it was not just always going to happen this way. (However much I love the idea of hundreds of Paddingtons living royally.)

It was not just always going to happen this way because nobody could have imagined the large number of bears left as tribute at the different palaces. Going forward I'm sure that this will be used as a blueprint for how to handle toys left at the palaces in the same way that for instance flowers used at banquets are donated to different institutions.

Such lovely and heartwarming little videos ! So nice to see !

Back
Top Bottom