Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of the Caribbean - March 3-14, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like this outfit: it's simple and fresh, very appropriate for a hot weather. With the bag and the umbrella it's very "British duchess like"....maybe a little hat for our ultimate pleasure?:lol:

A nice cool safari style dress, lovely (and practical) parasol. Just right for traveling and for a hot country. As Nico says, a hat would have been nice for us! :lol:

Camilla and Marcia put parasols of yesteryear back in style

Currently on an official visit to Trinidad, the Duchess of Cornwall sheltered from the scorching Caribbean sun under a pretty lace-covered parasol - an accessory used by society ladies in the 19th century.

Camilla and Marcia put parasols of yesteryear back in style

A SMILING Duchess of Cornwall could not resist tapping her feet and tiny white parasol to the beat of sweet pan music yesterday. It didn’t take much longer before Duchess Camilla, the wife of the Prince of Wales, started to gently bob her head as well.
Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall were welcomed to the Caribbean island of Trinidad today with carnival dancers on the first stop of their Caribbean tour.

The Prince of Wales - TRH arrive in the Caribbean and visit the island of Trinidad

Thank You for those milla Ca, they show a really happy couple! :wub::wub:

Very wise to have a parasol in the warm sunshine when you are quite fair-skinned. I do love the lace!

Certainly Camilla will be wearing natural fibres (linen, cotton, silk) and loose-fitting, as the weather will be quite hot after coming from the British winter. I actually like her first dress better than the lacey one.

I usually read Richard Kay column online and his last column was on February 29.I just checked again. Camilla wasn't mentioned. I must have missed one. What day was it in? Although I did think it was slightly strange Andrew and Rosemary had gone with Camilla.

I think it was probably Monday 3rd March issue.

I admire Camilla's easy going style and personality. I think she looked very lovely in the dress from the first day--I did like it better than the second day lacy dress. I'm not sure about Camilla in ruffley lace around the neck--it's almost too fussy for someone who is so elegant--does that make sense?
Loving the pictures--the couple look very relaxed and happy together.
Will there be a tiara event?

Fingers crossed there will be.

Such happiness visible on their faces. It is heartwarming

Seeing these lovely pics, who can doubt that C and C are a really asset for the royal family and the uk.
"Marriage on the rocks", "unfit to be royal", what a joke!Just take a look!

Scores of curious residents of the Eastern Main Road in Tacarigua came out of their homes to catch a glimpse of Prince Charles who visited the Big Shoe Shop yesterday

Trinidad News, Trinidad Newspaper, Trinidad Sports, Trinidad politics, Trinidad and Tobago, Tobago News, Trinidad classifieds, Trinidad TV, Sports, Business

Prince Charles's tour of Staubles Bay, Chaguaramas, included a look at the TTS Nelson, a British-built offshore patrol vessel bought seven years ago to provide long-range protection

Trinidad News, Trinidad Newspaper, Trinidad Sports, Trinidad politics, Trinidad and Tobago, Tobago News, Trinidad classifieds, Trinidad TV, Sports, Business

You've got to salute them for doing their bit to save the planet.
This week, on their official tour of the Caribbean, Prince Charles and Camilla are eschewing the pleasures of a private jet (it helps that Camilla doesn't like flying) and travelling by boat in order, they say, to reduce their carbon footprint

Ooooh predictable from our favorite D...Mail. The only surprising thing: Apparently they need two authors to write this piece of s...

Ooooh predictable from our favorite D...Mail. The only surprising thing: Apparently they need two authors to write this piece of s...

Of course: one who could read the brochure and dictate the contents, the other operating the typewriter... Are was there anything in the article not taken from the brochure. ah, I forget: Camilla won't be surprised by anything the yacht has to offer, as she checked the boat for suitability for this trip last summer in Greece. At least that's what I guess she was doing down there on this boat.

Are was there anything in the article not taken from the brochure.
Don´t forget this:

´The pillows on the king-size bed will be replaced with Charles and Camilla's own, and the toilet paper in the en-suite will be Kleenex Velvet, Charles's preferred brand. ´

Only the German yellow press can top the D.... Mail rubbish....:bang:

Well Camilla will be coming back from the islands with a fresh looking tan.

Will there be a tiara event?

Much as I would love for their to be a tiara event in the Caribbean, I somehow doubt it. Tiara's are typically worn at state occassions, and this is not one, as Charles is not head of state. It is not usual for members of the royal family, other than the Queen, to wear tiara's abroad. The only time that I think Camilla has worn one when abroad has been in the presence of the Queen at the Commonwealth meeting in Uganda.

Well Camilla will be coming back from the islands with a fresh looking tan.
That of course depends how much time she spends outside, with limbs uncovered. I should think that she uses a high factor cream as well.

Of course: one who could read the brochure and dictate the contents, the other operating the typewriter... Are was there anything in the article not taken from the brochure. ah, I forget: Camilla won't be surprised by anything the yacht has to offer, as she checked the boat for suitability for this trip last summer in Greece. At least that's what I guess she was doing down there on this boat.

Not only that but the yacht's facilities that the D.M's journalists desparately want us to be jealous about are no more than those found in an average hotel in a Caribbean resort - the sort of hotel that the journalists themselves would be put up in whilst accompanying a tour. But I don't think that these 2 journalists are anywhere near the tour they've just got the photos from the yacht's brochure & the internet, which is why there's nothing about the couple's activities - 6 per day so far. No doubt the D.M. will claim at the end that it's all been a 10 day holiday. The really annoying thing is if you try to make any criticism of them on their comment site they simply don't print it. :bang: At least they don't mine - so I've given up.

Pics from Abaca Press
The Duchess of Cornwall arrives with the Prince of Wales for a cultural performance at The Coco Resort in Tobago on March 6, 2008, on the third day of their Caribbean tour.
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom