Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall: Tour of the Caribbean & Cuba - Mar 17-29, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What car are they being driven in? I’ve only seen 1950s cars from the US there.
Are they in a 1956 Cadillac, or perhaps a 1957 Chrysler Imperial?

Cuba has a wide range of cars. The 1950s American cars are used to drive tourists around but a large number are also used privately. There were a large number of more modern Russian ladas (usually in far worse condition that their older Cadillac cousins) but then there were a very large number of modern European cars that you would see in any European city. Charles & Camilla are much more likely to be being driven in a top of the range Mercedes, complete with air-conditioning.

Court Circular 23rd March:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon arrived at Maurice Bishop International Airport, St. George's, Grenada, and, having been received by the Governor-General of Grenada (Dame Cécile La Grenade), subsequently undertook the following engagements:

Their Royal Highnesses attended a Reception at the Parliament Building, St. George's, and were received by the Prime Minister of Grenada (the Rt. Hon. Keith Mitchell).

The Prince of Wales afterwards visited Old Government House, St. George's.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall later visited House of Chocolate, 10 Young Street, St. George's.

Their Royal Highnesses visited a Farmers Market, the Carenage, St. George's.

The Prince of Wales later attended a Blue Economy Roundtable Meeting, Spice Island Beach Resort, Grand Anse Beach, St. George's.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall subsequently attended a Meeting with the Governor-General of Grenada at Spice Island Beach Resort.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards met local environmental groups and crafts people at Dive Grenada, Grand Anse Beach.

Court Circular 24th March:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning attended a Service in the Cathedral Church of St. Michael's and All Angels, Bridgetown, Barbados.

Their Royal Highnesses this afternoon departed from Grantley Adams International Airport, Bridgetown, for Cuba and were received later upon arrival at José Martí International Airport, Havana, by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Cuba (His Excellency Dr. Antony Stokes).

The Prince of Wales, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, this evening laid a wreath at the José Martí Memorial, Havana.

Cuba has a wide range of cars. The 1950s American cars are used to drive tourists around but a large number are also used privately. There were a large number of more modern Russian ladas (usually in far worse condition that their older Cadillac cousins) but then there were a very large number of modern European cars that you would see in any European city. Charles & Camilla are much more likely to be being driven in a top of the range Mercedes, complete with air-conditioning.

Thanks, but you’ve dashed my hopes! The thought of C&C in one of those vintage cars...I’m disappointed.:flowers:

Thanks, but you’ve dashed my hopes! The thought of C&C in one of those vintage cars...I’m disappointed.:flowers:

I know. It would be nice to see them do the tourist bit in the 50s car but for getting around generally, I'm sure Camilla would appreciate modern air-con:flowers:.

The Prince visits a barbers in old Havana town.

Court Circular 25th March:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out engagements in Havana, Cuba.

Their Royal Highnesses this morning visited Old Havana to mark the city’s Five Hundredth Anniversary.

The Prince of Wales afterwards visited the Escuela Taller workshop.

His Royal Highness later visited Rafael Trejo Boxing Gym.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited Acosta Danza dance studio.

Their Royal Highnesses subsequently visited Muraleando Community Centre.

The Prince of Wales later attended a Meeting with young entrepreneurs at Fabrica de Arte Cubano.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening were received by The President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba and Mrs Lis Cuesta Peraza at Palacio de Revolución.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards attended a Dinner given by The President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba and Mrs Cuesta.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited La Colmenita Children’s Theatre.

Last edited:
This is a very interesting visit to Cuba by Charles and Camilla - I've been to Cuba and it is a unique experience.

I wonder will we start to see more visits to Cuba by foreign monarchies - Felipe and Letizia were reported to meant to be visiting a year ago but it never materialised

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall attended a ballet performance in Cuba.

They also enjoyed a classic MG at Havana vintage car rally.

Love the clips of Charles driving the classic Cuban car! It seems like Camilla was pretty thrilled to meet the horse, too. Great photos.

Cuba is a beautiful country and the people are wonderfully friendly. I'm sure Charles and Camilla will be very well looked after by their hosts.

You should take the opportunity to go if you can. I loved the two weeks we had there just over a year ago. Can't wait to go back and see the part of the country we didn't get to last time.

Definitely have Cuba high on my list! We decided to visit Florida as it was just before the presidential elections and we've decided to boycott America due to a certain president whose name I shan't mention, lol.

HRH the Prince of Wales opened a $250-million renewable energy project in Mariel, Cuba.

Cuba has fascinated me.
To visit an organic farm in a different climate would be particularly interesting.
Camilla seems good at discussing difficult issues with women. She looked amazing at the evening ballet in Havana.
I liked seeing coverage of the Equestrian Centre and hearing about equine therapy being beneficial for people with MS, Autism etc. Camilla's family history in Cuba prompted me to look up all sorts of Cuban political details.
I had thought Cuba was mainly old cars and cigars.
The food! Ginger infused cheese, black bean croquettes; it sounds to die for.
Charles and Camilla have shown us a creative and vibrant Cuba.
They both deserved to make and sip their delicious Mojitos.

Court Circular 26th March:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out engagements in Havana, Cuba.

Their Royal Highnesses this morning attended a Rally of classic British cars and motorcycles, John Lennon Square.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall subsequently visited Empresa de Grabaciones y Ediciones Musicales Recording Studios.

The Prince of Wales later visited Solar Mariel photovoltaic park.

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited Finca Marta Organic Farm.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Gala Dance Performance at the Gran Teatro de la Habana Alicia Alonso.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon attended a Roundtable Discussion on domestic violence, Federation of Cuban Women.

Her Royal Highness afterwards visited Paso a Paso dance club.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvfZsYGAKg1/

I had to smile at Camilla's concern about food. I had the same. :D

I knew I was going to Cuba almost 2 years ahead. The year before, my relatives went on vacation. When they came back home my Uncle told me I would starve to death. He is a hunter and eats anything, and he and his wife, and my other aunt and uncle hated the food. And they were staying at a high end resort. Low and behold I LOVED the food. But I was living with a family and eating traditional food. And Santiago has a bit more Caribbean of a feel in food and culture then Havana does.

Loved them making their own mojitos :cool: Cant go to Cuba without one.

The visit to the horses was great. Those programs do a lot with children with special needs. Camilla was so natural around the kids and horses.

I have really enjoyed this stop of the trip. Look forward to Caymans now.

Court Circular 27th March:
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited the Cuban Culinary Association, Havana, Cuba.

The Prince of Wales afterwards visited the Centre of Molecular Immunology, Havana.

His Royal Highness later received Cuban artists, musicians and writers at the Residence in Havana.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall subsequently attended a Farewell Reception given by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Cuba (His Excellency Dr. Antony Stokes) at Palacio de los Capitanes Generales.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited the National Equestrian Centre, Parque Lenin.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon departed from José Martí International Airport, Havana, and were received later upon arrival at Owen Roberts International Airport, Grand Cayman, by the Governor of Cayman Islands (His Excellency Mr. Martyn Roper).

Their Royal Highnesses attended the opening of the new Airport Terminal at Owen Roberts International Airport.

The Prince of Wales later received the Governor of Cayman Islands and the Premier of Cayman Islands (the Hon. Alden McLaughlin) at Government House, Grand Cayman.

Court Circular 28th March:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall today carried out engagements in the Cayman Islands.

His Royal Highness this morning opened Cayman Brac Swimming Pool.

The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited the Central Caribbean Marine Institute, Little Cayman.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Clifton Hunter School, Grand Cayman.

The Prince of Wales later visited The Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park, Grand Cayman.

His Royal Highness subsequently received Turks and Caicos hurricane relief personnel from Royal Cayman Islands Police Service Air Operations Unit, at Government House, Grand Cayman.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Reception at Pedro St. James Castle, Grand Cayman.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning opened Jasmine Villa Hospice, Grand Cayman.

Her Royal Highness afterwards visited Estella's Drop-in Crisis Centre, Grand Cayman.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited Georgetown Primary School, Grand Cayman.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening departed Grand Cayman for the United Kingdom.

Court Circular 29th March:
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning arrived at Royal Air Force Brize Norton from the Cayman Islands.
Mr Scott Furssedonn-Wood, Mr Julian Payne, Surgeon Captain David Hett RN, Commander Iain Kearsley RN and Mrs Sophie Densham were in attendance.

Back
Top Bottom