The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-06-2017, 08:54 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,850
Friends of Prince Charles

Prince Charles' inner circle
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,850
Baron Piers Von Westenholz
https://cotedetexas.blogspot.lt/2017...and-round.html


About his family
Person Page
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,850
Allen Bathurst, 9th Earl Bathurst
Prince Charles's friend left fighting for his life after being bitten by a deer fly | Daily Mail Online


his family
Person Page
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,842
I don't often think about Charles' friends. I suppose we should include Hugh van Custem, the Palmer-Tomkinsons, Lord Brabourne, Nicholas Soames, Jacob Rothschild ...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-06-2017, 11:03 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,850
Hugh van Cutsem died in 2013.
Prince Charles's friend Hugh van Cutsem leaves £9.7million will | Daily Mail Online


his family
Person Page
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-2017, 07:40 PM
Daenerys Targaryen's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: The Blue Ocean, United States
Posts: 174
Alice Van Cutsem's dress is inappropriately short for the funeral of any person, let alone one's parent in law.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 7,712
Yes, I noted that as well. It was as if Alice going on to a party afterwards.

Hugh's wife Emilie was a friend of Charles also, until the unfortunate matter of the seating arrangements at her eldest son's wedding came up. I wonder whether she is still in Charles's innermost circle?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, I noted that as well. It was as if Alice going on to a party afterwards.

Hugh's wife Emilie was a friend of Charles also, until the unfortunate matter of the seating arrangements at her eldest son's wedding came up. I wonder whether she is still in Charles's innermost circle?
What happened there?
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2017, 12:04 AM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,152
When the daughter of the Duke of Westminster married a Van Custem son, a bunch of the royals were invited including the Queen and Philip. Charles wanted Camilla to sit with him and the other royals. This is before they were married or engaged so it's against protocol. So Charles and Camilla skipped the wedding. I don't how much say Mrs Custem had in the seating arrangements. Since the bride's family is usually in control. The wedding was held in Chester Cathedral with the reception at the Duke's estate.

The protocol was correct especially with the Queen in attendance. Camilla didn't have any official ties to Charles at time. You saw the same thing at William and Kate's wedding. Chesly Davy wasn't sitting with Harry as his girlfriend with the royal family but Mike Tindall was since he was engaged to Zara.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-2017, 12:12 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys Targaryen View Post
Alice Van Cutsem's dress is inappropriately short for the funeral of any person, let alone one's parent in law.
I assume you mean the second couple in the photo. She is indeed in quite a short skirt.

But that is Rose not Alice. I recognize her from the royal wedding, graces mom.

Edward and Tamara at the lead, followed by Rose and Hugh, Nicholas and Alice and William and Rosie.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades CA, United States
Posts: 4,420
Thank you, Skippyboo.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-24-2017, 12:28 AM
Daenerys Targaryen's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: The Blue Ocean, United States
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
When the daughter of the Duke of Westminster married a Van Custem son, a bunch of the royals were invited including the Queen and Philip. Charles wanted Camilla to sit with him and the other royals. This is before they were married or engaged so it's against protocol. So Charles and Camilla skipped the wedding. I don't how much say Mrs Custem had in the seating arrangements. Since the bride's family is usually in control. The wedding was held in Chester Cathedral with the reception at the Duke's estate.

The protocol was correct especially with the Queen in attendance. Camilla didn't have any official ties to Charles at time. You saw the same thing at William and Kate's wedding. Chesly Davy wasn't sitting with Harry as his girlfriend with the royal family but Mike Tindall was since he was engaged to Zara.
Because the Queen was attending the wedding, strict protocol was in force. I think it was unrealistic of Charles to expect to be seated with Camilla. It's remarkable to me that he is still peeved at Emilie VC.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friends of the Royal Family Yennie Royal House of Sweden 482 01-25-2021 12:07 PM
Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte and Friends heartyflakes Princess Caroline and Family 1436 03-07-2018 11:15 AM
William and Harry's Friends Britters British Royals 352 08-27-2017 02:08 AM
Lady Tryon ("Kanga") and Other Female Friends of Charles Duchess The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 144 05-07-2017 10:45 PM
Friends of King Juan Carlos Madrid2006 King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia 6 12-05-2015 10:39 AM




Popular Tags
abdication abu dhabi american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism biography british royal family brownbitcoinqueen carolin chittagong commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs doll duke of sussex facts family tree games george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf haakon vii hill history house of windsor imperial household intro italian royal family jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery kids movie line of succession list of rulers luxembourg mailing meghan markle monarchy nepalese royal jewels prince constantijn prince dimitri princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen mathilde queen maxima random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding serbian royal family snowdon sussex swedish queen taiwan tracts tradition uae customs unsubscribe videos wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×