Run-up to the inquest into Diana's death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree Princess Olga.
The woman died as the result of a tragic accident, let's move on!

wow olga...i'd heard only about #2. although i'm on the fence about what happened i lean heavily toward the accident theory but if new evidence came up i could swayed.

Queens Speech on Dianas Death

Does anyone have a link to a video of the Queens speech after the death of diana where shes wearing a black dress, thanks

Here is the full text of the speech the Queen made at the event.

Secretary of State, Lord Spencer, Ladies and Gentlemen.

It is sometimes difficult to believe that it is now nearly seven years since we heard the news that Diana, Princess of Wales had been killed in a car crash in Paris.
Certainly the days that followed are etched on my memory as we as a nation came to terms with the loss, united by an extraordinary sense of shock, grief and sadness.

By any standard, Diana's tragic death held the attention of the world.
Central to this remains the extraordinary effect Diana had on those around her.
Her drive to empathise with those in difficulty, hardship or distress, her willingness to embrace a new cause, her shrewd ability to size up all those she met, allowed her not only to touch people's lives but to change them.

o.gif

This is her wider legacy.
But I cannot forget - and nor can those of us here today who knew her much more personally, as sister, wife, mother, or daughter-in-law - the Diana who made such an impact on our lives.
Of course there were difficult times, but memories mellow with the passing of the years.
I remember especially the happiness she gave to my two grandsons.
Such memories are most people's memorials; the departed live on in those they have helped to shape in life.

But for some exceptional people there is a need for something more, a permanent and more public recognition. Creating a memorial to Diana has been no easy task.

'Essence'
To present a likeness seemed at best unnecessary for someone whose image continues to exert such a fascination the world over.
To find some other way to capture her spirit has been the challenge. I congratulate those who have created the memorial before us.
I thank both the design team for the imagination which they have brought to this project and those who have realised their concept with such care and craftsmanship.
I believe that you have given the park, at the very heart of our capital city that Diana knew so well, a highly original memorial which captures something of the essence of a remarkable human being.
I think Diana would have enjoyed it; and I believe she would want all of us to do so too. Ladies and Gentlemen, on behalf of Charles, William, Harry and all my family and of all the Spencer family with us today, I have much pleasure in declaring the Diana, Princess of Wales, Memorial Fountain open.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3869969.stm#

news and video

New evidence, witnesses in Diana death probe: Stevens

LONDON (AFP) - New witnesses and evidence have been found as part of the investigation into the car crash that killed Princess Diana in Paris in 1997, a number of newspapers reported.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060531/wl_uk_afp/britainroyaldianafrancepolice_060531060237

New evidence surfaces in Diana death probe

London - A senior detective leading an official British inquiry into the death of Princess Diana said on Tuesday that new forensic evidence and fresh witnesses have been uncovered by investigators.

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?from=rss_World&set_id=1&click_id=&art_id=qw1149024421575B216

Warren said:
If it was an Australian psychic, then I guess it must be true. :confused:
Murdered by the Queen Mother's connections? At least we can say this one's original.
A filing cabinet? Did they make copies in triplicate?

Are you serious?

:D
Somehow I cannot picture the ever joyous Queen Mother as a ring leader of an international gang like a tiara-and-gloves wearing 'Ma Baker, the legendary outlaw.

Skydragon said:
Diana inquiry finds no foul play

By Robert Jobson, Evening Standard

London: The inquiry into the death of Princess Diana has found no evidence of foul play, sources said.
http://www.gulf-news.com/world/United_Kingdom/10044410.html

"Unnamed sources" again. Newspapers jumping the gun again. You'd think, after all this time, they'd at least have the decency to wait until Lord Stevens actually completes his investigation.

When are people going to accept it and get over it?

Alchol + Driving + Speed + Dangerous Road + NO SEAT BELTS = Inevitable accident/death! :confused:

didem said:
Here is the full text of the speech the Queen made at the event...
At the time of that speech, I watched the opening being televised, the speech was quite good until the Queen turned to Charles Spencer and said words to the effect " is that satisfactory enough"?. I never knew how she meant that...It took a bit of the shine off the event, somehow..

Last edited by a moderator:
princess olga said:
For those of you believing in the admittedly 'yummy' conspiracy theory that Diana was murdered by the British counterpart of the CIA, boy, are you as impressed as I am with the industriousness both of these organizations displayed over the past decades?
Have you or anyone else here every read the book by Sir Ranulph Fiennes, named The Feathermen?. I always believe if someone can think up the plot, then that plot/plan can be put into action!. Never say never!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
No I haven't but I have read Foucault's Pendulum. Its about some 20th century men who try to uncover a plot by the secret descendents of the Knights Templars to take revenge for their almost total destruction in the 14th century.

The men get tired of following it though because every 'clue' can be read so many different ways and the stories they hear from the Templar 'believers' start to get more and more farfetched even for them who are fiction book publishers. They figure out that with their background they can devise a plot better than anyone else can.

So they start a game to re-write the Templar's mystery all the way from the 14th century, making up clues, people, places, and things just for fun because they're book publishers and they like a good story.

At the end of the book they're met by a group of 'believers' whose mission is to keep the 'Truth' - except the 'Truth' happened to be the story they made up and know to be a hoax.

At the end of the book, the narrator comes to the conclusion that people need mystery because once the truth appears, it is too mundane for our expectations. So we create mystery even when there's no basis for it in reality.

Katemac63 said:
At the time of that speech, I watched the opening being televised, the speech was quite good until the Queen turned to Charles Spencer and said words to the effect " is that satisfactory enough"?. I never knew how she meant that...It took a bit of the shine off the event, somehow..

Perhaps that was her revenge for his humiliating and hurtful (to her) eulogy at Diana's funeral.

At the end of the book, the narrator comes to the conclusion that people need mystery because once the truth appears, it is too mundane for our expectations. So we create mystery even when there's no basis for it in reality.

Sounds quite a lot like Carl Sagan's conclusions in The Demon-Haunted World. He said that when people had been shown that some self-proclaimed psychics were really just performing stunts, people in the audience turned on the debunkers in anger, not on the trickster. It was so important for them to believe this stuff that they didn't appreciate the truth about it. The capacity for self delusion is rather great, apparently.

A crucial personal detail... and the truth about Diana's death

On June 1, 1997, Diana, Princess of Wales, was taking part in the second birthday celebrations of our daughter Domenica, who was born with Down's syndrome. Diana was her godmother, and in those two years she had often shown how seriously she took her duties in that role.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=388981&in_page_id=1770

Pregnancy test on Diana's DNA

DNA tests are to be carried out to discover whether Princess Diana was pregnant when she died.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=388986&in_page_id=1766&in_a_source=&ito=1490

Katemac63 said:
Have you or anyone else here every read the book by Sir Ranulph Fiennes, named The Feathermen?. I always believe if someone can think up the plot, then that plot/plan can be put into action!. Never say never!:)

Well, thinking along those same lines, I'd like to go and travel back into the past, like Michael J. Fox did in the movie which was based on a book, but this time I'll travel to the court of Henry the eighth to warn Anne Boleyn about her paranoid husband's plans to put her in the tower!

Ok I'm being facetious here, and I do understand what you are saying: truth CAN be weirder than fiction! And you do have a point there, however, I think the chances that Diana's demise was the result of the genius plotting of some over-ambitious ex-father in law, is really really really far fetched. If anything, I think Philip rather enjoyed witnessing his former daughter in law putting her proverbial foot in her mouth, i.e. dating that unemployed playboy of a Dodi, and with that, 'proving' Philip had been right thinking she wasn't up to par!
Philip, in my opinion, had no interest whatsoever in getting Diana 'out of the way'. And neither did the secret services for that matter.

I think that not every detail in the life of the rich and famous is juicy: some of them even die senseless deaths in car accidents like millions of the rest of us.

Tantalising new evidence in the Princess Diana inquiry

These fresh accounts include the astonishing claim that the Queen’s most senior and trusted courtier was seen in Paris, at the British Embassy, half an hour before the crash.
Furthermore, they include a baffling allegation that the RAF crew which flew Tony Blair from his Sedgefield constituency to London to greet the Princess’s repatriated body had been on continual standby to make the flight from two days earlier — when Diana was still alive.
During this investigation, the Mail has also received confirmation that two diplomats working for the secret intelligence service MI6 were operating at the British Embassy in Paris during the weeks before Diana’s death. These two senior men — who have both enjoyed glittering careers — have admitted their intelligence roles to Lord Stevens, the ex-head of Scotland Yard who is heading the official inquiry into whether there was any conspiracy to murder the Princess.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=391065&in_page_id=1766&ito=1490

fanletizia said:
During this investigation, the Mail has also received confirmation that two diplomats working for the secret intelligence service MI6 were operating at the British Embassy in Paris during the weeks before Diana’s death.
Every Embassy in the world contains Intelligence officials, agents and/or military attachés, as well as diplomats. This is hardly new, or a revelation.

fanletizia said:

During this investigation, the Mail has also received confirmation that two diplomats working for the secret intelligence service MI6 were operating at the British Embassy in Paris during the weeks before Diana’s death.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=391065&in_page_id=1766&ito=1490

I would have been more surprised if the report was that there weren't any diplomats working for the secret intelligence services operating at the British Embassy!!!

I believe that every embassy/high commission has diplomats who work in secret/not so secret intelligence services and that therefore saying that there were two in Paris in the weeks prior to the death is not a surprise or even newsworthy.

But instead, he boarded an RAF plane piloted by a crew based in Scotland which had flown to Teesside. Waiting on the tarmac for Mr Blair was Mr Y.
Idly chatting to the co-pilot, he was told something very strange. The co-pilot, according to information now with the Diana squad, asked him: "What’s really going on? We’ve been on standby in Scotland since 5pm on Friday waiting to make this flight to Northolt with the Prime Minister

Someone should tell the Mail the following...

1. There are 2 RAF planes with 2 full flight crew and ground crew on full alert (standby) when the Queen is in Scotland.

2. There are always 2 RAF planes with 2 full flight and ground crew on full alert whenever the Prime Minister is away from No. 10.

Neither the pilot nor co-pilot would have asked why they were on standby, because the members of these flights always are, in the above circumstances!

I guess it's a good thing that the Daily Mail isn't conducting the investigation. I think if they had their way, half the people in the world would be under suspicion for Diana's death. :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
Someone should tell the Mail the following...

1. There are 2 RAF planes with 2 full flight crew and ground crew on full alert (standby) when the Queen is in Scotland.

2. There are always 2 RAF planes with 2 full flight and ground crew on full alert whenever the Prime Minister is away from No. 10.

Neither the pilot nor co-pilot would have asked why they were on standby, because the members of these flights always are, in the above circumstances!

i would agree with you

when Diana died and HM Queen got permission for Princess of Wales's death to planes of HM's to England from Paris,France when Diana got crash and Prince Charles took her to bring down to London,England for buried than buried in France.

i watch her biography video about Diana's last life and her casket got flow to England im really surprise about that.

im sure Prime Minister Tony Blair told press and reporter about Princess Diana's death and he DID as people's Princess and he pays respect to Princess Diana but he did leave from no.10 for vacation i think so and he speak at Diana's funeral.

but im sure after Diana's death so still clue about her death in 1997 where spot as her crash cases and lots of more the police chief can handles about Diana's death cases and lots of more and also her pregnant cases if she have baby with Dodi or not if would be true or not.

Squidgy said:
I guess it's a good thing that the Daily Mail isn't conducting the investigation. I think if they had their way, half the people in the world would be under suspicion for Diana's death. :rolleyes:

This weekend the Mail (I think) ran a massive story about an MP watering his garden with sprinklers (there is a hosepipe ban in his area). Everyone was complaining about misuse of power, loopholes he was exploiting etc. In fact this man had sunk boreholes in his garden and that's the water he was using, it was not coming from the mains supply.
More and more, it seems to be 'lets not let the facts get in the way of a good headline'!

Skydragon said:
This weekend the Mail (I think) ran a massive story about an MP watering his garden with sprinklers (there is a hosepipe ban in his area). Everyone was complaining about misuse of power, loopholes he was exploiting etc. In fact this man had sunk boreholes in his garden and that's the water he was using, it was not coming from the mains supply.
More and more, it seems to be 'lets not let the facts get in the way of a good headline'!

Nice story, what a sensation! :D I really think they should sometimes, very rarely, check what they give to public, because it tends to believe the stories in papers.
Is Mail's motto "Everything that sells is good enough for headline?" If not, should become. :rolleyes:

Skydragon said:

Well spotted Skydragon. ;) Good illustration of the way the news can and is slanted. :(

The 'sins of omission' are far more damning than the 'sins of commission'! :mad:

I do belive that Diana could have been killed by "other forces." After all Diana was the most popualr person in the world at the time of her death. The British government may have worried whatDiana might do to them and maybe thought she was better off dead. Another thing to point out is the letter Diana wrote to Paul Burrell saying she would die in a mysterious car crash in order to make the path clear for Charles to marry. So I belive the British government may have had something to do with Diana's death.

I have said this before and will repeat again: never in my life I believed for a moment that Prince Charles or any other member of the Royal Family has anything to do with the tragic death of Lady Diana. I always tried to avoid the so-called 'absolute' opinions, since nothing is absolute, but this is one thing I am definetely sure.
The late Princess died in a tragic accident, died, no doubt, earlier then she should have, but no third 'forces' (except for her driver) are guilty of that.
Do you remember that it was revealed by one of Dodi's bodyguard that the decision to swap cars and go out from the back exit was made at the very last moment by DODI, so there was no way anyone could have done anything with the car.
As for witnesses, who saw 'flashes', other cars... None of those witnesses stated anything like that back in 1997, and they suddenly start remembering after almost 10 year? very convincing. 5 minutes of fame, that's what they want, those, who 'saw the last moments of the Princess's life'.
This is only my opinion, anyone is free to disagree or have their own point of view.

The world is a little dimmer without the presence of Princess Diana. I really believe that it was a most unfortunate accident that could have been prevented had Dodi not been determined that the driver should speed dangerously with Diana in the car. I believe that it shows a certain amount of disregard and selfishness on his part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom