Run-up to the inquest into Diana's death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MARG said:
The only question remaining is how long the British People will continue to allow him to vilify the royal family and give him a forum.

Who will be next to be accused? Prince William? Don't laugh. Last year I would have laughed at the notion of smearing the Queen........
It seems it is the Diana 'worshippers' that believe the accident was orchestrated by the RF and are willing to listen to Fayed. They are unable to believe that their idol was human after all.
Some believe that William is already involved in covering for his father and grandparents!

Skydragon said:
It seems it is the Diana 'worshippers' that believe the accident was orchestrated by the RF and are willing to listen to Fayed. They are unable to believe that their idol was human after all.
Some believe that William is already involved in covering for his father and grandparents!

What I can't understand is why the solicitors of Diana's family can't push against Al-Fayed and his responisbility in the same harsh way. Why can't he go free of his part in the accident when at the same time even the queen is subjected to be a topic in this court drama?

Jo of Palatine said:
What I can't understand is why the solicitors of Diana's family can't push against Al-Fayed and his responisbility in the same harsh way. Why can't he go free of his part in the accident when at the same time even the queen is subjected to be a topic in this court drama?

Probably because the solicitors are waiting for the inquest to confirm al Fayed's responsibility. It will be interesting to see, once the inquest has been completed, if al Fayed actually does escape some sort of formal accusation or charge.

Jo of Palatine said:

Probably because the Royals and even the Spencers have more decency and respect.
I may not like the Earl of Spencer, but he has behaved much better then Al-Fayed (apart from the funeral speech). And mind, they would have much more reasons to blame Al Fayed then his ridiculous murder claims. :bang:

Skydragon said:

Well since I'am not a Diana worshipper I've never believed that Diana's death was orchestrated by the RF. It was just a tragic accident. Diana was just like you and me so obviously she was human.

Skydragon said:
Wow! I'd love to say "I can't believe it", but I actually can. :doh: How bizarre is that? :sick:

sirhon11234 said:
Well since I'am not a Diana worshipper I've never believed that Diana's death was orchestrated by the RF. It was just a tragic accident. Diana was just like you and me so obviously she was human.
As you say, there is a difference between the 'worshippers', the fanatics, the fans and those that liked her in her charity roles, but not necessarily the things she said or did in her less than private life.

As with Diana, her 'fan base' is a mix of good and bad, complex beings. :hornets:

ysbel said:
Maybe she didn't want to be part of a circus?

Or, perhaps, she just didn't want to deal with the combined pressure of al Fayed, public opinion, and the media circus.

I don't know how well anyone knows my views. I assume some of the regulars are aware that I do not believe the car crash was murder.
But the same people may also be aware I enjoy playing devil's advocate and asking questions.
Perhaps it was murder, but maybe Diana was not the target. Maybe Dodi was the target, of anti-Fayed people (and his father made many enemies, no?) and maybe those enemies didn't like that his son was possibly going to marry a future king's mother. I don't believe for a second anyone connected to the RF was involved, but after all, it could have been some of 'al'-Fayed's many powerful enemies going after Dodi specifically, and getting Diana only by default.... such people who would make such a plot would not give a damn who they took down in the process....

CasiraghiTrio said:
I don't believe for a second anyone connected to the RF was involved, but after all, it could have been some of 'al'-Fayed's many powerful enemies going after Dodi specifically, and getting Diana only by default.... such people who would make such a plot would not give a damn who they took down in the process....
I agree. Why not after all?
It's not a secret that Dodi wasn't an angel. Some people who worked with him on buisness insist on some traffic of firearms and other illegal things involving Dodi. The night of the crash, they weren't going to the apartement on the Champs-Elysée but at a short buisness meeting in Paris. I collect those info in a french documentary (I'll try to find the name of it). I'm not blamming anyone, just making a reflexion on some facts ...

There have been many assination theories that has stated that Dodi was the initial target not Diana, and that she had been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

sirhon11234 said:
and that she had been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Which is true, whether you believe in assassination theories or not. :neutral:

Pardon me, dear members, but why cannot people accept the obvious and be done with it. Diana was a woman of strengths, flaws, weaknesses, goodness, achievements and failings. Well good people, let us welcome her to the human race. People loved the woman and they were right to do so. I did not but I feel great sadness for what happened to her and what has happened since.

She died in a car accident because a car was going too fast, the driver in a state of excessive excitement due to being persued by a mob of photographers and possibly having had too much to drink. His jugment, his split second judgment was impaired for one fatal half second and the result was disaster. The unfortunate woman was not wearing a seat belt, a most unwise act which all too many people have done to their peril and loss.

As for the idea that the BRF were involved in anyway in this affair is nothing short of obscene. Anybody who knows anything about these people knows that while they have their limitations and human failings they are fundamentally decent and honorable upright people.

We should look with compassion and sadness on Mr. al Fayed. His mind and reason have obviously been distorted and confused by his grief and possibly his pride.

Dearest Thomas - people can't accept the obvious because as soon as they do that, the money in all this does a Nicky Leeson act.

Well, whatever anyone believes, for as long as the media plays on the conspiracy theories, people will always ask and have questions about it.
For me, I believed from Day One that it was a tragic accident. Nevertheless, when the topic arises -- such as just following the release of the Stevens report, or concerning the Inquest -- I listen, or I read, and I absorb. I don't always agree with what it is stated, but I still listen and consider it.

For the record, Thomas, quite a few members do accept that it was an accident.

I also accept that the Princess of Wales' death was an accident. What reason would the BRF have for killing the Princess?

Thomas Parkman said:
Pardon me, dear members, but why cannot people accept the obvious and be done with it. Diana was a woman of strengths, flaws, weaknesses, goodness, achievements and failings. Well good people, let us welcome her to the human race. People loved the woman and they were right to do so. I did not but I feel great sadness for what happened to her and what has happened since.......
.... We should look with compassion and sadness on Mr. al Fayed. His mind and reason have obviously been distorted and confused by his grief and possibly his pride.
Well said! :flowers:

Accident or not, there's still some mysteries on some facts. If only the first inquest had been clear, precise and not accusing anyone at first we wouldn't be disscussing about who's responsible 10 years later ...

TheTruth said:
Accident or not, there's still some mysteries on some facts. If only the first inquest had been clear, precise and not accusing anyone at first we wouldn't be disscussing about who's responsible 10 years later ...

There would still be mistery, even if the first inquiry was 100% clear - mistery created by the Media to sell more papers.
There is a difference between 'Princess died in a car accident' and 'Princess died in a car crash - BRF involved?'

TheTruth said:

The facts themselves are fairly straightforward. Mr. Paul was speeding, he entered the tunnel, and he lost control. Completely drunk or mildly tipsy-it doesn't change the outcome, so, really, makes no difference. Diana was fatally wounded, it took some time to extract her from the car, she was taken in a SAMU ambulance to the nearest on-call hospital, where she died.

The blame for all or any of it can be debated for the next 30 years-and probably will be-but what all the debate comes down to is that a driver, for whatever reason, lost control of a car going too fast at a dangerous point in the tunnel, and he and his passengers failed to wear the seatbelts that might have saved their lives.

What is so mysterious about it?

The only mystery to me is the Fiat Uno. Even Lord Stevens's explanation in the report, while admirable, is unsatisfactory, and he admitted as much. I think we will never have a thoroughly satisfactory explanation about that. If Lord Stevens couldn't obtain one -- and I believe he tried his best -- I imagine the truth there is lost forever. It has been too long and the details have had too much time to be buried under the confusion. :neutral:

Lets be honest, if the whole thing had been taped from 24hrs before the accident until 24hrs after, from every conceivable angle, there would still be those that cry 'conspiracy'!:rolleyes:

CasiraghiTrio said:
The only mystery to me is the Fiat Uno. Even Lord Stevens's explanation in the report, while admirable, is unsatisfactory, and he admitted as much. I think we will never have a thoroughly satisfactory explanation about that. If Lord Stevens couldn't obtain one -- and I believe he tried his best -- I imagine the truth there is lost forever. It has been too long and the details have had too much time to be buried under the confusion. :neutral:
It depends on how you view the explanation. A man, driving a Fiat Uno, causes an accident, and, instead of stopping, continues on. When he realizes, the following morning, that one of the deceased passengers in the other car was one of the most beloved public figures of our time, he is too frightened to come forward, knowing he will be villified by press and public alike. Forever. No matter how drunk Henri Paul was.

That's not so implausible. Hit and run accidents happen every day in every major city in the world. The only difference here is that the other car contained someone famous.

Dear and most esteemed Beatrix Fan,

You will pardon me, again, but I am not only a computer mongoloid but a pop culture mongoloid. I live in my own world and just do not get involved with the other beyond hearing these awful vulgar loud car radios blaring as I drive down the street. That said who on earth is Nick Leeson and what is a Nick Leeson Act. Is it entertaining and is it fun.

I do remember the hilarity of one of my American friends married to a lovely and very proper English woman when I explained to him my question and your answer about sussies (I think???) cheers.

That said who on earth is Nick Leeson and what is a Nick Leeson Act. Is it entertaining and is it fun.

Nicky Leeson was an English chap who single-handedly caused the collapse of Bearings Bank and alot of people lost money. So what I meant was that as soon as people admit and accept that the death was an accident, the money that can be made from Diana evaporates and is no more. :flowers:

I do remember the hilarity of one of my American friends married to a lovely and very proper English woman when I explained to him my question and your answer about sussies

:lol: I'm glad you got it sussed (explained).

CasiraghiTrio said:

I agree. The owner of the Fiat Uno killed himself but in a really different way than a 'normal' suicide. He actually poured some gas in his car, put himself inside and light a match ... :ermm: . It sounds more like a murder than a suicide to me. His wife still can't understand how weird his death has been !

TheTruth said:
I agree. The owner of the Fiat Uno killed himself but in a really different way than a 'normal' suicide. He actually poured some gas in his car, put himself inside and light a match ... :ermm: . It sounds more like a murder than a suicide to me. His wife still can't understand how weird his death has been !

You have proof that it was the same Fiat Uno? Wow. Even Lord Stevens, with all his resources, couldn't prove that one.

Well he was an owner of a white Fiat Uno which disapeared ... Of course there's a doubt like in any inquest but it's still strange don't you think?

TheTruth said:
Well he was an owner of a white Fiat Uno which disapeared ... Of course there's a doubt like in any inquest but it's still strange don't you think?
Well, it' s only one likelihood of several, and disproven as far as Lord Stevens could disprove it. Adanson's death had some very unusual circumstances surrounding it, but that doesn't, absolutely, mean it was related to the crash in Paris. He also, allegedly, had ties to the Sicilian Mafia, etc (not people known for their mercy.). Maybe he crossed someone in a business deal. For all we know, a hit could have been ordered on him by Mohammed Al Fayed because he did own THE Fiat Uno. I mean, the speculation can be endless. But, unless it is proven, it shouldn't be stated as fact. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom