Diana at Home

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well in the pics of the final product, the main color of the room was light yellow. Curtains and accessories were blue.

Well in the pics of the final product, the main color of the room was light yellow. Curtains and accessories were blue.

Well that would make sense. The rest of KP was done in yellow. I just remember reading that Diana, Princess of Wales wanted bright color to her residence because when she lived with Prince Charles everything was dark and Victorian.:flowers:

I read that too. And can see/ understand her point of view

Background info. on this wonderful pic. And ?

The Princess in her drawing room with a friend.
England's Rose
That is Diana with her friend Susie Kassem who was according to Burell part of Diana's " inner circle", fromm 95-97. I first saw this on England's Rose.I love this photo, and it's natural relaxed informality.
In Burrell's book The Way We Were, he quoted Kassem as saying that visiting KP was " like visiting a family of friends":)
I wonder how this photo was discovered, and placed on England's Rose- after all it is a rare private photo, AFAIK. And who took it? Burrell?

That is Diana with her friend Susie Kassem who was according to Burell part of Diana's " inner circle", fromm 95-97. I first saw this on England's Rose.I love this photo, and it's natural relaxed informality.
In Burrell's book The Way We Were, he quoted Kassem as saying that visiting KP was " like visiting a family of friends":)
I wonder how this photo was discovered, and placed on England's Rose- after all it is a rare private photo, AFAIK. And who took it? Burrell?

I remember seeing this photo back in July when the Daily Mail published it in an article about Will and Kate moving into KP.

sirhon11234 said:
I find it funny that she's sitting on those books!:lol:

And her friend is sitting on the arm of the sofa.
But i still love this pic.

Diana's favorite movies

Sources- A Royal Duty, and The Diana Chronicles- in no order
  • Gone With The Wind
  • Silk Stockings
  • My Fair Lady
  • Top Hat
  • Carousel
  • South Pacific
  • Ghost
  • Brief Encounter
  • The Mission
  • The English Patient

Very good films. I have yet to see Gone With The Wind.

Diana's favorite musicals/shows

Sources: Diana: The Portrait, A Royal Duty, Diana, Her True Story, The Way We Were

Diana's favorite stage musicals/ shows in no order:
  • Phantom of The Opera- saw it at least 18 times, including the premiere in 1987, took William and Harry, on 1 occasion.
  • Grease
  • Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Table- Harry's 8th birthday treat.
  • Oliver!- took the boys
  • Riverdance-Took Prince Harry
  • Beauty And The Beast: The Musical- Took the boys
  • Sound of Music
  • South Pacific
  • The King and I
Favorite piano pieces:
-A Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square
-Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto # 2

Favorite Disney Songs:
- A Whole New World- Aladdin
- Circle of Life- The Lion King
- Go the Distance- Hercules

Last edited:
Diana's Favorite Restaurants

Sources: The Way We Were, Diana: Her True Story, People, Diana: an Intimate Portrait- First 2 are books, third- magazine, 4th- DVD

Fast food-
  • Kentucky Fried Chicken
  • Mc Donald's- Big Macs
Sit- Down-
  • San Lorenzo
  • Cavair Kaspia
  • Bebendum
  • Le Caprice
  • Thomas Goode's
  • Turner's
  • Ceconi's
  • The Ritz
  • Clariges
  • The Ivy
  • Chicago Rib Shack
  • Sikorsky's Balloon
  • La Familia
  • The Cafe De Launcey

Last edited:
Sources: Diana: The Portrait, A Royal Duty, Diana, Her True Story, The Way We Were

Diana's favorite stage musicals/ shows in no order:
  • Phantom of The Opera- saw it at least 18 times, including the premiere in 1987, took William and Harry, on 1 occasion.
  • Grease
  • Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Table- Harry's 8th birthday treat.
  • Oliver!- took the boys
  • Riverdance-Took Prince Harry
  • Beauty And The Beast: The Musical- Took the boys
  • Sound of Music
  • South Pacific
  • The King and I
Favorite piano pieces:
-A Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square
-Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto # 2

Favorite Disney Songs:
- A Whole New World- Aladdin
- Circle of Life- The Lion King
- Go the Distance- Hercules

She certainly was Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber fan. I saw 'Riverdance' a year and a half ago, and loved every second of it. It's beautiful. POTO has some great songs, but if not cast well, it's a bummer. Glad she took her boys to see West End productions. Musical theatre is a joy to witness (when done right of course :D).

Back
Top Bottom