Current press reports: Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, this is utterly unsurprising.

What is surprising, however, is the onslaught of sympathy towards Caroline. Are people forgetting the circumstances of the beginning of her romance with Ernst?
She is now suffering the same kind of public humiliation and private betrayal she once inflicted upon her best friend. I believe this is called karma.

Regarding divorce speculation, I would tend to agree with some other posters that such a woman would not let go of a royal title (especially the kind that is actually legal) that easily.

Caroline is judged with sympathy, because of her global life, Stefano's loss etc etc. I do not say that what Caroline did with EA 11 years before was honest towards her friend, but Caroline deserves hapiness in her life, and this is the reason people feels sympathy for her.

On the other hand, EA was never very "loved" by people, so now everyone fells no sympathy towards him.

I noticed an interesting point. This woman is neither young nor very attractive and for me it seems that it might be a "serious" affair. I would expect EA to spend time with a 2 meters tall impressive 20 years top model, but no, it is a normal woman, of a certain age. Have we thought that within these last 5 months of total lack of communication into the couple, maybe EA, left alone found a new love??

I mean people considers that the crisis arrived into the couple because of the Tailand pictures, but I think crisis was there since more that 6 months!!!

I feel sorry for Alexandra who surely saw these pictures (internet is free ....) and for Caroline who is alone again, after so many dramas in her life. We should not talk about titldes etc etc, Caroline simply would like to be happy.

Well, this is utterly unsurprising.

What is surprising, however, is the onslaught of sympathy towards Caroline. Are people forgetting the circumstances of the beginning of her romance with Ernst?
She is now suffering the same kind of public humiliation and private betrayal she once inflicted upon her best friend. I believe this is called karma.

Regarding divorce speculation, I would tend to agree with some other posters that such a woman would not let go of a royal title (especially the kind that is actually legal) that easily.

I agree. When Caroline started dating Ernst, he was husband of her then friend Chantal, née Hochuli. Ernst divorced Chantal because of Caroline and married her, she was around 5 months pregnant then. Now she is in Chantal´s shoes, but honestly, what could she expect from a man, who left wife and two children for wife´s friend? And history repeats. It is no curse, but simply bad choice of partner.

Its apparent that we need some ground rules in discussing the recently published pictures:

1) This thread is not about the marriage of Ernst and Chantal. So there is no need to comment on it.
2) Nor do we know anything about Caroline's motives as it relates to the HRH title, so there is no need to speculate that she won't divorce Ernst because she desires the HRH title.
3) In regards to Ernst, there is no need to disparage him (and yes that has been done. Those comments have been deleted).

Its obvious that something is going on with Caroline and Ernst' marriage. We can only go on with what is established in the public domain (i.e. these pictures and the Monaco House previous denial of a divorce). Anything else is speculative and will be deleted.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Sorry , but I don´t agree with you at all. You get what you deserve? What are we talking about? This is not middle ages . Men and women do not belong to other people and , of course. No women in the world deserves being publicly humilliated.Ernst has never been a good husband nor father . I feel pity for little Alexandra. Princess Caroline , you are the real Monaco´s Queen. Encouragement !!!You are a great woman .

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but I think we are all missing things.

1. How can we say that EA has never been a good husband nor a father??? Out of his drinking problem, he was always been near Caroline and Alexandra, supporting Caro to her duties. For ten years of marriage, he has never been cought at any bad situation with women, nothing! How can we say that he was a playboy, he was faithfull for 10 years!

2. We do not know what happened the last 6 months and why this couple seems to have problems, we just speculate. So how can we put a blame to EA who was a "bad father and playboy", or to Caroline, "bad woman who steels husbands"!

The only think I say is that the couple EA + Caroline should have made an announcement BEFORE this Thailand trip, in order to protect Alexandra.

We need to cool the rhetoric.....Caroline stealing husbands....Ernst not being a good father, etc.

he seems to know that he is photographied ...no ?

Not only he knows, he is also happy with the fact that these pictures will make headlines. EA used to beat up photographers, remember? Not this time. Its clear that this means a lack of style and humiliation for Caroline but he doesn't seem to bother.

I agree with fandesacs2003, they should have made an annoucement about a separation, meaning there was no problem now with EA moving on in a new relationship. Maybe Caroline refused and now EA decided to produce facts by visible action.

I don't think this woman is an affair but serious, hopefully repeating history will not go into every detail, with her being pregnant soon.

I think that this category of people (VIP), always knows that they are photographed!!!

Not only he knows, he is also happy with the fact that these pictures will make headlines. EA used to beat up photographers, remember? Not this time. Its clear that this means a lack of style and humiliation for Caroline but he doesn't seem to bother.

I agree with fandesacs2003, they should have made an annoucement about a separation, meaning there was no problem now with EA moving on in a new relationship. Maybe Caroline refused and now EA decided to produce facts by visible action.

I don't think this woman is an affair but serious, hopefully repeating history will not go into every detail, with her being pregnant soon.

I agree with you all, my friends about the fact of P.Ernst being aware of the presence the photographers and about he being pleased with being potographed ( ironic no?!? ). :photo:The man is known for beating paparazzi up, :boxing: and now is clearly using them. With what purpose? Speculations... Forcing P. Caroline into a divorce? Making Caroline jealous ( this one is just a romantic expectation of me... ) to win her heart back? I wouldn't call it the best tactic... :bang: :in_love: :bang:

Same pictures in Paris-Match of this week. I hope they won't have to pay damages to E.A.
Point de Vue had to pay damages to the Princes of Hannovre , it was on their last cover.

The man is known for beating paparazzi up, :boxing: and now is clearly using them. With what purpose? Speculations... Forcing P. Caroline into a divorce? Making Caroline jealous ( this one is just a romantic expectation of me... ) to win her heart back? I wouldn't call it the best tactic... :bang: :in_love: :bang:

Noone tactic is allowed when a child's heart is involved. :eek::eek:

Maybe Caroline wanted to break the marriage and now EA wants her back and is trying to show her taht he is doing fine! (Romantic)

Can someone translate the important part of this Spanish text ? Thanks

Did the schools in Monaco already started? It should not be easy for Alexandra!

Rominet 09 : The Spanish magazine "Diez Minutos" briefly explains the current situation of PC . Her return to the duties as Monaco´s first lady and her seek of shelter in her children .
It also explains the situation of the couple , with Ernst openly hugging and kissing with other woman in the public eye; no more extra information apart from what all of us had already known .

;) I hope the translation is OK for you .

Thank you very much Garcia ! It is very much appreciated....

A bit of privacy on Ernst side would of been really appreciated.

This man doesn't have any elegance whatsoever.

Only they know what happened between them but I fail to see the need of going public with another woman, he has a daughter, a wife and -I will like to believe- a family in Monaco.

I have never liked him and never will.

Caroline is not saint and again, only they really knows what's going on there, but Ernst actions are despicable.

Sorry , but I don´t agree with you at all. You get what you deserve? What are we talking about? This is not middle ages . Men and women do not belong to other people and , of course. No women in the world deserves being publicly humilliated.Ernst has never been a good husband nor father . I feel pity for little Alexandra. Princess Caroline , you are the real Monaco´s Queen. Encouragement !!!You are a great woman .
I don't really wish to open a huge conversation about the Caro and Ernest thing. And i am not here to judge them. I just expressed my opinion and i don't expect from every member in here to agree with me. I never said that i liked that Ernest was photographed with another woman and i never encouraged that thing. I also find it extremely humiliated for Caro and of course his attitude towards her was absolutely wrong and not at all "gentleman-ish".

I agree with Duke of Maramalade and fandesacs2003 about an annoucement of separation if they really mean it. But maybe Princess Caroline didn't want anyone to know and wanted time to think things out. Prince Ernst hates the media so his actions shows he wants Caroline to decide if she want to be married or divorced. It will be real interesting to see Prince Caroline next move.:);):)

I have to say that I didn't have a good feeling about EA when she got pregnant and they married, so I'm not surprised by this turn of events. I have to applaud her for keeping her chin up during public engagements, this must be tough for she and her family. I could only wish for her happiness. I hope that she can find some nice olderish gentleman who is warm and caring that she can spend the remainder of her life with.

I think the family may have chosen to put out the denial statement while separation arrangements were being worked out - of course, life goes on - then, the pictures surfaced....which, we knew would happen at some point - and, as many have stated, Ernst wasn't trying to hide and certainly didn't react by attacking the media....leading us to believe that he may have wanted the pictures published to move things along. Now, the palace needs to issue a follow up statment confirming whatever they have decided to do - separate, or work on their marriage while living separately, or work on their marriage after Ernst broke off his other relationship....who knows what's next!

Glistening Seas

:candycane:Doesn't Caroline have a court appearance on behalf of Ernest this month?? Surely whatever they decide will be printed all over the news afterwards no doubt. So whatever Caoline & Ernest do they will do well. Perhaps this time apart was a 'breather' they both needed? Caroline and Ernest don't seem too sad they have a lot of good memories and even if they part they would probably remain amicable. Ernest seems to be doing better than he was before. :heartflower:

1. How can we say that EA has never been a good husband nor a father??? Out of his drinking problem, he was always been near Caroline and Alexandra, supporting Caro to her duties. For ten years of marriage, he has never been cought at any bad situation with women, nothing! How can we say that he was a playboy, he was faithfull for 10 years!

2. We do not know what happened the last 6 months and why this couple seems to have problems, we just speculate. So how can we put a blame to EA who was a "bad father and playboy", or to Caroline, "bad woman who steels husbands"!

The only think I say is that the couple EA + Caroline should have made an announcement BEFORE this Thailand trip, in order to protect Alexandra.

I have to agree with the spirit with which you wrote this post. Ernst has by all indications been a very supportive spouse and a devoted father. The Casiraghi kids all seem to have gotten along with him really well too. Clearly, something major has led to this fracture; what it is we cannot know.

As for the breakup of Ernst's first marriage, in fairness, it was said at the time to be well on the road to ending, before Caroline and Ernst got romantically involved. I don't think we can see the breakup as Caroline's doing, but as a gap into which she stepped.

We do not know that he has never been unfaithful, we only know that he has never been pictured before in this way.

I do not really understand what his reason can be to be pictured like this.

1. How can we say that EA has never been a good husband nor a father??? Out of his drinking problem, he was always been near Caroline and Alexandra, supporting Caro to her duties. For ten years of marriage, he has never been cought at any bad situation with women, nothing! How can we say that he was a playboy,
he was faithfull for 10 years!

Is it this month that Caroline has to go to Germany concering her husband's problems in Kenya ??

Yes, I believe she is scheduled to testify this week. The 13th I think.
In light of these pictures, that's is going to be an EXTRA media circus.

Glistening Seas

:candycane: Oh, let's hope the media doesn't hang around too much.

:twohearts:Remember Caroline said that the media hanging around was part of the reason she stayed away the last time! It would be good for the media to give Caroline & Ernest a bit of breathing room so they can get the space they need to get things worked out. Whatever is decided would be known soon enough without their privacy being intruded upon. :heartflower:

Back
Top Bottom