The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

Executive director of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Archewell Foundation steps down after one year to take 'senior advisory' role

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

Old 03-22-2021, 01:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
I am still puzzled as to why the Archbishop will not release a statement

I think the license speaks for itself, personally. I don’t see why he needs to say anything. They were not legally married 3 days earlier. Period.

No reason to engage in this Sussex mess IMO.

Meghan is certainly aware of the day she legally was married.

They had a rehearsal, blessing...whatever 3 days earlier that Meghan opted to make sound like was their legal marriage date- and now there is proof that was not the case. That reflects on her, not the AOC. I don’t think he should have to dignify this with a statement.

Old 03-22-2021, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Sorry - unaware of anything hence the asking - not making ironic remark.
I see. I am sure people come up with all kinds of theories but as several have discussed; Harry has NO right at all to the Duchy of Cornwall. His expenses previously were covered by money coming from the Duchy but that was because his father who is the temporary recipient of that money took care of it.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Really sad if she don't know the difference between rehearsal and the real thing. She was married before. Sadly it seems only one thing with these two, live better then everyone else, so they can say, see what we have you don't measure up. Maybe they should find someone who pays everything for them, a Sugar Daddy, so they can sell access to the Queen maybe?? and that persons standing will rise to maybe acceptability? in some circles of Society? Maybe both should roll up their sleeves and get a real JOB.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy50 View Post
Yes and honestly, who knows what will be better for William.
H&M and their growing children will never have enough when being asked.
Unless H. Meghan one day and returns to his family in Uk there will be no end to this drama. Of course the stories they can report will decrease as everybody will be more careful with them but them asking for more money, I doubt will ever stop.
By the way, I wonder what HM's idea is with" they still remain beloved...",
how should this work in daily life. Noone can ever feel safe again that H&M won't tell the media, no family event, no phonecall, nothing is safe,
how do they want to deal with H&M, even if everything was taped, as the RF doesn't comment and Meghan does not hesitate to lie..... never ending drama ahead.
Maybe cutting them off was the best thing for the monarchy and honestly we all know people in our family or a close friends where people happen to be cut off. It's never nice but not so rare. So maybe a cut as harmful as it seems was the best for the family aswell, I doubt that marriage ends well, leave a door open for Harry , wait and see.
?
As soon as HM has died those two will go absolutely crazy beyond imagination, they have shown to have no limits, no respect.... a desaster for both Charles and especially William one day.
Believe it or not, there is a positive aspect to Harry and Meghan declaring on international TV that they've been "cut off". If there was anything that could have been done that would show the world that where the Sussexes go from here on out that they're *not* connected to the monarchy and the "Firm", this is it. They've stated it in big, bold letters that no funding is coming from the UK to support them or their endeavors. In a way, it kind of makes their ducal title seem less important in the grand scheme of things moving forward. At least in my eyes. I sincerely hope they do have a lot of good plans in the works on the back burner. They're going to need them.

The thing is too, the more they do come out and whine about lack of money and funds to support themselves, it lessens the aura around Archewell that donating to it and it's causes will actually be used for that purpose. I don't ever see this couple on the street corners panhandling for enough to buy a Big Mac but the more they discuss what they don't have, the more people will be leery of supporting their causes. At least I would be very cautious of where my donation was actually going.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:07 PM
Majesty

Catherine St-Laurent now resigning... one can't help but wonder why the high turnover of staff in the H&M 'household'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
H'es probably reluctant to call her a liar.. She is sitll a member of the queen's family.. and as such, its not that easy to bluntly speak about her publicly...
Quote:
They had a rehearsal, blessing...whatever 3 days earlier that Meghan opted to make sound like was their legal marriage date- and now there is proof that was not the case. That reflects on her, not the AOC. I don’t think he should have to dignify this with a statement.
agree. he is doing well not engaging in this circus. i would have done that too if i were him.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRose View Post
I also personally think that Charles will leave his personal money to all his grandchildren, even if he never meets them. He's not the type to disinherit (IMHO).
But Charles's money would go to Archie and his sister, I don't think Harry and Meghan will have access to them. It's too far down the road, they need money today.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Executive director of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Archewell Foundation steps down after one year to take 'senior advisory' role

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments
The same article mentions a recent hire to "head up their film and tv company." It's been six months since the Netflix and Spotify contracts were announced, and possibly longer since they were signed. If they're just now getting a team in place to produce the content as agreed... well, it's no wonder they're starting to worry about money. They might have gotten a bit up front, but even if the deals are worth $100 million as rumored, they're not going to get the bulk of that until they actually deliver something.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
Catherine St-Laurent now resigning... one can't help but wonder why the high turnover of staff in the H&M 'household'.
Ms. St-Laurent resigned her position as executive director but has not left the organization. So it does seem like things at Archewell are moving right along but again, its the Fail. Hopefully we'll get some information on some of their upcoming projects soon.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:31 PM
Aristocracy

Osipi

Quote:
Believe it or not, there is a positive aspect to Harry and Meghan declaring on international TV that they've been "cut off". If there was anything that could have been done that would show the world that where the Sussexes go from here on out that they're *not* connected to the monarchy and the "Firm", this is it. They've stated it in big, bold letters that no funding is coming from the UK to support them or their endeavors. In a way, it kind of makes their ducal title seem less important in the grand scheme of things moving forward. At least in my eyes. I sincerely hope they do have a lot of good plans in the works on the back burner. They're going to need them.
Yes, Osipi, I agree, they showed their hand too earlier in the game, I wonder if they still have a Joker
Old 03-22-2021, 02:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Osipi

Yes, Osipi, I agree, they showed their hand too earlier in the game, I wonder if they still have a Joker
Somehow, yes, but as I tried to explain, I mean really cutting them off.
As I can't see how anybody can trust them again.
And what would it mean if there was no inheritance for them and they could inly rely on Diana's money and their income (whatever that would be once there are no more "truths" to tell)
Old 03-22-2021, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Ms. St-Laurent resigned her position as executive director but has not left the organization. So it does seem like things at Archewell are moving right along but again, its the Fail. Hopefully we'll get some information on some of their upcoming projects soon.
Well after 84 pages (and counting) i think it's time for some new (positive) Archewell endeavours, so it'd be good if indeed there were some projects in the making..
Best way to move on from this interview is to actually move on..
Old 03-22-2021, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

The Archbishop is probably being a good Christian and turning the other cheek rather than call our a professional victim on lying (intentionally or otherwise) in a TV interview. TBH its been made perfectly clear here in the UK media that such a "secret wedding" would be illegal so pretty clear it didn't happen and Meghan was at best confused, at worst lying.

I'm intrigued by how many staff they seem to have lost recently. I wonder if Ms. St-Laurent is being put on Archwell payroll to save them some money.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The Archbishop is probably being a good Christian and turning the other cheek rather than call our a professional victim on lying (intentionally or otherwise) in a TV interview. TBH its been made perfectly clear here in the UK media that such a "secret wedding" would be illegal so pretty clear it didn't happen and Meghan was at best confused, at worst lying.

I'm intrigued by how many staff they seem to have lost recently. I wonder if Ms. St-Laurent is being put on Archwell payroll to save them some money.
I'd say he knows by now what Meghan is like.. and doesn't want a ding dong battle.. the queen got out her reply about "recollections may vary".. which pretty much says that her recollections are not the same as M's...
Old 03-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

Speaking of the Queen's grandchildren, doesn't she have legal custody of her grandchildren? I think I read that somewhere, but can anyone confirm whether or not that is true? If that is true, then Prince Charles will have legal custody of Archie when he becomes King.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am still puzzled as to why the Archbishop will not release a statement

It is possible that he asked the Supreme Governor of the Church if he should put out a clarifying statement and the answer is no. Just possible.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Speaking of the Queen's grandchildren, doesn't she have legal custody of her grandchildren? I think I read that somewhere, but can anyone confirm whether or not that is true? If that is true, then Prince Charles will have legal custody of Archie when he becomes King.
At least Charles will have custody when becomes king one day.
The law hoes back to George I and the 18th century and was not changed since.
As the Sussex claim not knowing the simplest stuff both M and Harry, they might be surprised to find out about this.
Might help Harry one day this marriage ends.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
It is possible that he asked the Supreme Governor of the Church if he should put out a clarifying statement and the answer is no. Just possible.
Well, at least the average clergy does face problems because of this. Especially while Covid so many weddings were delayed and some would have loved to get a "private" marriage from a priest just somewhere.
This can be very annoying in a parish, when the priest is asked again and again and has to explain....
Old 03-22-2021, 04:39 PM
Gentry

I can't imagine Charles ever invoking this right.

And now that the children are dual citizens living in another country, the Hague Convention would come into play anyway.

(I mean, I think Harry and Meghan made a lot of mistakes, but they are not criminals. There are plenty of old laws on the books that no one enforces, and no one gives a thought to.)

(Just because it's interesting: I believe Maxima had to sign a prenuptial agreement prior to her marriage that gave full custody of her children to the Queen of the Netherlands, in the event of her divorce. But I could have the wrong Queen Consort/wrong prenup language.)
Old 03-22-2021, 04:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
do you really think that they DIDNT want a big fancy wedding? Of course they did. They needed the big fancy wedding to make them known to the public esp in the US..A quiet small wedding with a few family and friends and no photos would not do that.
I thought Iread somewhere at the time of the engagement that the queen had thought a smaller wedding more appropriate as Meghan was divorced , no white dress etc. It was Charles who fought their corner for them.

Closed Thread