Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Maeve though there's no immediate Irish connection on Harry or Meghan's sides. I'm not sure how you pronounce it. Is it Meeve?

It is pronounced M ai f. Not the longer sound ve. Niamh is pronounced N ee ve. It has al to do with the Irish alphabet which doesn't have as many letters as the English alphabet so their are more diagraphs to make sounds.

Last edited:
I'd lay good money down that the new baby won't be an Artemis or indeed any of the other names on the list.

And why would Harry and Meghan's second child's godparents consist entirely of celebrities? We don't know who Archie's godparents are but no celebrity put his/her hand up and there were hints that at least two of them were Harry's Spencer aunties. Others hinted at were a friend from childhood of Harry's, whose older brother is also a friend, and from Meghan's side friends she'd had from her college days, none of them celebrities or indeed household names.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Zara or Eugenie and Jack get asked to be godparents this time.

It is pronounced M ai f. Not the longer sound ve. Niamh is pronounced N ee ve. It has al to do with the Irish alphabet which doesn't have as many letters as the English alphabet so their are more diagraphs to make sounds.
Im Irish and I've never heard it pronounced like that.. It was MAYVE.... not Maif... Theres no V in the Irish alphabiet, so v sounds are made by m -h....soemtimes by B-h

Here's my guess if it's a girl... Doriana Harriet. Doriana combines Doria and Diana; Harriet honors Harry and Harriet Tubman.
Doriana was my first thought too!

We know couple is keen on combining names-Harry+son= Harrison so Doriana is a very plausible option in my opinion

We know couple is keen on combining names-Harry+son= Harrison so Doriana is a very plausible option in my opinion

I tried working the combination the other way, but it came out as Diaria, so maybe not ??! Doriana isn't bad.

Girl

Francesca Dorian. “Frankie” or “Chessie”

Charle (pronounced Charlie) Frances

Cicely Diana “CeCe”

Audrey Elizabeth Diana

I still think it’s possible we could see Elizabeth as a third middle name for a girl.

Boy

Francisco Dorian “Frankie” or “Cisco”

Charle (pronounced Charlie) Nelson

Dembe Francesco

Alexander Dembe

Im Irish and I've never heard it pronounced like that.. It was MAYVE.... not Maif... Theres no V in the Irish alphabiet, so v sounds are made by m -h....soemtimes by B-h

Are you indeed. Ai and ay are the same sound and of course it should really be spelt Maebh but it isn't important. The bh sound depending on the name can either align more with ve or be some sort of cross of the f and v sound. Maeve it is a bit of a cross. Niamh is a straight long sound. But I have no idea what it matters.

I think there is no chance they name their daughter Diana as a first name and am shocked that so many people think they will (as indeed I have always been shocked at the suggestion for William and Harry's children). Then again, when the first poster shared the name Archie Harrison, I thought the poster was having a laugh about all the outrageous name suggestions in the thread, so what do I know.

I will say that I thought the most positively delightful part of Archie's birth was when Harry went on video and shared that they had a son. I hope- but doubt- we will see something similar for this second birth.

I am preparing to have crates of tomatoes thrown at me but would not be surprised if this couple chooses something other than the traditional baptism route for their second child. I think for this couple and for many others, the traditional baptism route is symbolic and excepted for their place and position in life* and frankly, in the Sussexes' case would have caused too much fuss if they had done otherwise. They are no longer at a place in life where this is the case. I don't feel strongly that this will be the case but certainly would not be surprised.

*Please note I mean this quite broadly- many young couples who live near in-laws choose to follow religious traditions until establishing more independence, for example.

I have no thoughts on a name. I didn't see Archie Harrison coming at all, therefore would never venture a guess as to a second child's name. I will say that I could see them using either Diana or Elizabeth for one of the names if it is a girl. And I have no idea who the godparents are for Archie, so wouldn't want to guess on those either. Guess we will all have to wait like we did with Archie.

I think there is no chance they name their daughter Diana as a first name and am shocked that so many people think they will (as indeed I have always been shocked at the suggestion for William and Harry's children). Then again, when the first poster shared the name Archie Harrison, I thought the poster was having a laugh about all the outrageous name suggestions in the thread, so what do I know.

I will say that I thought the most positively delightful part of Archie's birth was when Harry went on video and shared that they had a son. I hope- but doubt- we will see something similar for this second birth.

I am preparing to have crates of tomatoes thrown at me but would not be surprised if this couple chooses something other than the traditional baptism route for their second child. I think for this couple and for many others, the traditional baptism route is symbolic and excepted for their place and position in life* and frankly, in the Sussexes' case would have caused too much fuss if they had done otherwise. They are no longer at a place in life where this is the case. I don't feel strongly that this will be the case but certainly would not be surprised.

*Please note I mean this quite broadly- many young couples who live near in-laws choose to follow religious traditions until establishing more independence, for example.

No tomatoes from me because my in-laws chose to baptize their first son (my husband) but opted to skip it for their second child. I also know other couples who declined the sacrament for their other children. Their child=their decision. As for the Sussexes, I do believe that it's likely that their second child will be baptized into the CoE. However I also believe that that the Sussexes might choose to delay baptizing their second child until he/she is a bit older and when the family can safely travel to the UK. (Yes the ceremony could easily happen in CA at Episcopalian church, but I feel it will happen in the UK.) So it's possible that baby number two might be a much older infant or even a toddler.

Names: Girl- Alice or a similar form of the name: Alicia, Alyce, Alyssa
Boy- Charlie. (Since I don't believe that the couple are fans of "Archie" comics that we won't see a "Reggie." )

Godparents-Close friends of the couple who were not asked the first time. Perhaps a cousin-Eugenie?, Beatrice? Peter? Zara? a Spencer cousin?

Last edited:
Godparents: giving that they live in the US now - some American relatives or friends, whose identities will not be publicly revealed.
Names - some original.

I expect the same pattern as Archie - something with Latin or Greek Routes. Possibly already used for her dogs, definitely already copywriting and website brought.

So my top pics for both sexes

Liberty/ Freedom - or Libertas & Licentia or Moksha (in Sanskrit)
Light - Lux, Fos or Phos
Artemis - Artie (Greek version of Diana - god of wild animals and the hunt)

I actually think that Archie and Artie make a good combo.
And then Harrison and Meghandogter as the second depending on sex.

Godparents (as if we will ever be told)
1. Oprah or Gayle King (whoever was not there for the first)
2. Catherine McPhee's husband
3. Tyler Perry
4. Elton John (if he was not there for the first) or possible his husband.
5. Jessica Malroney or Serena Williams
6 George Clooney or Alma Clooney (depending on who it was for the first)
7. George Floyd's daughter
8. One of the Obama's
9. Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton.

I hope that they don't pick any of those celebrities for their godparents. If they are going to do godparents (I still say they aren't) I think they'd be better doing old friends of theirs.

None of them would be my choice of Godparents, imagen you have to live with the knowledge that in ones opinion only Celebs washed up or not are good enough to be a godparent for my child? Hopefully they take some true friends of them, also maybe Zara or one of the York Pss.

I doubt Joe Biden will be chosen as a godparent, as even though Meghan and Harry are no longer senior royals they still have their titles and connections to the BRF so it wouldn't look good to mix royalty with politics. I haven't heard anything about the Bidens being close to the Sussexes either.

Well Catherine McPhee is always racing to the Mail Online and bragging about how well she knows them and gossiping about them. I don't know who she is or why she's famous but I can't believe she's really all that great of a friend.

Well Catherine McPhee is always racing to the Mail Online and bragging about how well she knows them and gossiping about them. I don't know who she is or why she's famous but I can't believe she's really all that great of a friend.

Katharine McPhee is an actress, singer and songwriter. She first raise to fame by appearing in Season 5 of American Idol. Her acting career includes co-starring in The House Bunny and Shark Night 3D. She played Karen Cartwright on Smash and Paige Dineen in CBS' Scorpion.

She married David Foster (record producer and music executive) in 2019, who is her second husband. Katherine McPhee is his fifth wife.

Katharine McPhee posted a throwback picture of Meghan and herself when they were teenagers.
@katharinefoster Verified
Meghan and I did musicals together as kids. She grew up to be the Duchess of Sussex and I grew up to star on the West End, so same life if you ask me. #TBT
106w​
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtTu0nll9ay/?utm_source=ig_embed

Daily Mail article containing pictures of Harry and Meghan arriving at a restaurant celebrating Katharine McPhee's pregnancy, hence the "double date"
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Katharine-McPhees-pregnancy-news-dinner.html

I also find it very weird how Katharine McPhee only started mentioning her relationship with Meghan two or three years ago and almost out of the blue.

Last edited:

Harrison is not combining two names :ermm:

Unless there is an Uncle Son or best friend named Son that I am missing :lol:

Its simply means son of Harry. Vastly different then cropping together two names to make some random new name like Doriana.

Archie is trendy and a bit fashionable in times. I expect something that fits with Archie not some weird hybrid. They can honor both mothers in other ways.

I don't rule out them having a celebrity godparent or two. But there is Nothing wrong with that.

People keep passing it off as them 'trying to leech on to famous people'.

The reality is Meghan has worked in show business over a decade. She has friends in show business that she has known for close to twenty years. She shouldn't rule out her close friends as godparents simply because people think they are too 'celebrity'. Someone like Janina Gavanker who yes is a well known actress but has been Meghan's friend for over 17 years. Heck even someone like Serena she has known for seven years, long before Harry came into the picture.

Last edited:
With the case of Archie, it's real hard to guess the name for second child.

I (randomly) guess, maybe some variants/diminutives of traditional, classic names, with two syllables just like parents and big brother?

Boy: Theo/Bertie/Evan/Eddy/Robin/Charley

Girl: Margot/Alyse/Gina/Jaime/Cyndi/Peggy

It's one of the few baby that I completely have no idea about the middle name, most of them are using grandparents'/ancestors' name while the Sussex is probably not.

Godparents? You only can guess something while you will get the answer at the end. I think we'll never know the baby's (and Archie's) godparents.

So wonderful to hear they are expecting again :flowers:

for a name i never have guessed anything correct before ?

but if Archie is somehow connected to Archemate
then how about Vicky for the Invictus games?

I wondered Beth for a girl, a simple pretty name. Still having a nod to the Queen without being too royal. I am not sure if Harry would use Diana as a first name, I can see him being reluctant to put that kind of pressure on to a child as she would grow up being compared.

Not sure why we have this topic as godparents will be top secret information, never to be revealed as was the case with Archie. All that secrecy just makes people wanting to know the information more. The names of the Cambridge godparents were publicized and now no one cares who they are.

Not sure why we have this topic as godparents will be top secret information, never to be revealed as was the case with Archie. All that secrecy just makes people wanting to know the information more. The names of the Cambridge godparents were publicized and now no one cares who they are.

We always have similar topics for every well known royal pregnancy here at TRF.

I think it will be a girl.

I'll guess the name Andrea Doria Diana. Diana for obvious reasons and Andrea Doria for one of my favorite ship wrecks.

I think the baby will be baptized in California at Doria and Oprah's church. The Sussexes press team will say that the BRF watched the ceremony via Zoom (whether they actually did , who knows). Once again no godparents will be officially announced. Though at some point the Fosters and/or Gayle will tell the world if they were one of the godparents.

The press will criticize the Sussexes for snubbing the Church of England and it's head (the Queen). The Sussexes press allies will criticize the media and the CoE. Rinse and repeat the usual cycle.

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint those who now think Meghan in her attempt to turn Harry into some anti-British robot, has led him away from Anglicanism, there will be no 'Oprah church' baptism.

Agape is not a church. Its a spiritual center. And one that doesn't even primarily consider itself christian.

https://agapelive.com/pages/faqs

Last edited:
The field is wide open for baby Sussex's because of Archie. I remember thinking at the time of Archie's naming the next would be Barnaby/Barney. Not so sure about that now, but I think a little Freddy is possible. It is becoming popular, a wee big royal, and it goes well with Archie.

For a little girl, I think Dorothy is a good possibility. similar to Doria, but it has its own vibes.

Might the name Oprah be a contender?

I too like the name Freddy and you're correct there are more little Freddies around. I know about Lord Frederick Windsor but he's a distant enough relative for it not to matter.

The field is wide open for baby Sussex's because of Archie. I remember thinking at the time of Archie's naming the next would be Barnaby/Barney. Not so sure about that now, but I think a little Freddy is possible. It is becoming popular, a wee big royal, and it goes well with Archie.

For a little girl, I think Dorothy is a good possibility. similar to Doria, but it has its own vibes.

Freddy is cute! And maybe Dorothea? I feel like Thea might be a favorable nickname.

One of the British dailies published the picture of H and M with the caption "What about names". The clever duchess is quoted as saying 'Sue if it is a girl and Rich if it is a boy'. There is also a caption for the prince who can feel the British press kicking madly inside the Baby bump!

One of the British dailies published the picture of H and M with the caption "What about names". The clever duchess is quoted as saying 'Sue if it is a girl and Rich if it is a boy'. There is also a caption for the prince who can feel the British press kicking madly inside the Baby bump!

That's supposed to be ' Oh so clever and amusing' of the Star is it, with reference to a couple who are expecting a much wanted and special second baby after an awful miscarriage?
Yes, the British tabloids are no doubt kicking back, considering the recent huge loss in the Courts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom