The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4941  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Crowds have been camping out for days in Windsor and this is only the rehearsal. Brits don’t care? Pah!
__________________

  #4942  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:39 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I totally agree!

It's not like they had no room. They could easily have added several more, since the chapel holds 800. Family, even distant family, should take precedence over mere acquaintances, imo.
(With the sole exception of toxic family, like the Markles).

After all, Harry and Meghan are going to see his relatives on a regular basis, for the rest of their lives. They probably seldom, if ever, will see the cast of SUITS.

As for wait and see, so far no one has refuted the story to say that they are invited. So I'm accepting that it's true, and I think it's shameful.
Meghan probably saw more of the cast of Suits in one week than Harry saw of these relatives his entire life. So I don't care. Let them invite who they want. It is their wedding.
__________________

  #4943  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:42 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
Harry and Meghan just arrived to Windsor Castle, FYI.
  #4944  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:49 AM
EloisevonLippe's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: *****, Trinidad and Tobago
Posts: 149
ooh, any links? I'm searching Twitter but not seeing anything.

I'm going to be so unproductive today at work.

ETA: Just saw it on Rebecca English's page.
  #4945  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:49 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Harry and Meghan just arrived to Windsor Castle, FYI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EloisevonLippe View Post
ooh, any links? I'm searching Twitter but not seeing anything.

I'm going to be so unproductive today at work.
Gotcha covered. https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/997095515807367168
  #4946  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:51 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Meghan probably saw more of the cast of Suits in one week than Harry saw of these relatives his entire life. So I don't care. Let them invite who they want. It is their wedding.
And on that note, let's move on from the analysis regarding Harry's distant cousins - we can discuss relationships between members of the Royal Family in the relevant thread.
__________________
JACK
  #4947  
Old 05-17-2018, 08:55 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
Here is Harry and Meghan. Nice to see her smiling.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdZmBTwX4AUC7ax.jpg:large
  #4948  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:05 AM
Ista's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: the West, United States
Posts: 3,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Here is Harry and Meghan. Nice to see her smiling.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdZmBTwX4AUC7ax.jpg:large
Just think about all the drama and vitriol from family that has preceded this, and here we have a lovely photo of Meghan and Harry, smiling, relaxed, and going to rehearse their wedding--which is still taking place, which will still be wonderful, and which will drown out most of the negativity.

They tried, but ultimately the negative elements had no power, and they are already in the process of becoming an unimportant footnote.

I hope.
  #4949  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:06 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
The Cambridges were seen leaving right after Harry and Meghan. Rehearsals time.

Meghan Markle left 'in tears' over father's staged paparazzi photos | Daily Mail Online
  #4950  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:14 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
I'd just like to say that everyone who calmed me down and assured me that a wedding at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle would be epic, gorgeous and absolutely majestic - THANK YOU.

I'm so excited - this will have the pomp and circumstance that I was so looking forward to!

Also - there is a shot in that DM article ACO posted of Meghan and she looks gorgeous. So happy for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
Just think about all the drama and vitriol from family that has preceded this, and here we have a lovely photo of Meghan and Harry, smiling, relaxed, and going to rehearse their wedding--which is still taking place, which will still be wonderful, and which will drown out most of the negativity.

They tried, but ultimately the negative elements had no power, and they are already in the process of becoming an unimportant footnote.

I hope.
I couldn't agree more. I think the Harry&Meghan sighting today of both of them looking relaxed and Meghan looking RADIANT will go a long way toward completely erasing all of this pre-wedding drama.

Unimportant footnote is right.
  #4951  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:27 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,310
Waiting to see if they can ID her earrings over on twitter.


LaRae
  #4952  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:38 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
Charles and Camilla meet Doria.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-royal-wedding
  #4953  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:47 AM
dgtns's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Stamford, United States
Posts: 49
Elton John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That (SUITS) was just an example.

How often does Harry see Elton John? Or the Beckhams, or the Spice Girls, or any of a hundred other invitees?

I don't see any valid reason to leave out his cousins.
My toes are curling from hearing that Elton is performing.....shudder

I think that cheapens the event. Am i the only one neg on this?
  #4954  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:49 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 16,527
Another exciting aspect for me about this wedding came from reading some of the time lines that have been posted on the day of the wedding itself. It seems that the invited guests will be seen arriving to the Chapel from Windsor Castle either by foot or by car. This means that we will actually get some good feed watching the people arrive and going into the Chapel itself along with then watching the arrival of the Queen and then the bridal party itself.

One thing I was disappointed with with W&K's wedding is that there was little coverage of the actual guests arriving and I'm hoping there will be more with this wedding. We'll see most of the guests walking to the Chapel similar to how guests approached for Pippa and James Matthew's wedding.

From Harry and Meghan deciding to surprise people by taking the Long Walk to Windsor Castle today and smiling, I think its possible that they're really planning on giving their public as much as they possibly can with this wedding.
__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #4955  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:51 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtns View Post
My toes are curling from hearing that Elton is performing.....shudder

I think that cheapens the event. Am i the only one neg on this?
Has this been officially announced by KP? I don't remember seeing that.
  #4956  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:52 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,196
I must admit, Elton John is not my favourite musician frankly and I guess it will depend on what he's singing.
__________________
JACK
  #4957  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:56 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Washington D.C., United States
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Another exciting aspect for me about this wedding came from reading some of the time lines that have been posted on the day of the wedding itself. It seems that the invited guests will be seen arriving to the Chapel from Windsor Castle either by foot or by car. This means that we will actually get some good feed watching the people arrive and going into the Chapel itself along with then watching the arrival of the Queen and then the bridal party itself.

One thing I was disappointed with with W&K's wedding is that there was little coverage of the actual guests arriving and I'm hoping there will be more with this wedding. We'll see most of the guests walking to the Chapel similar to how guests approached for Pippa and James Matthew's wedding.

From Harry and Meghan deciding to surprise people by taking the Long Walk to Windsor Castle today and smiling, I think its possible that they're really planning on giving their public as much as they possibly can with this wedding.
I agree! I'm so excited that we're going to get all of the pomp and circumstance... I just cannot wait!
  #4958  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:57 AM
ACO ACO is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 3,686
The Queen has just arrived as well.

"The Royal standard has gone up over Windsor Castle, indicating the Queen is now in residence. It is believed she will be meeting #MeghanMarkle’s mum Doria for the 1st time today at the Castle."

Wow. Here we go.
  #4959  
Old 05-17-2018, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bellevue, United States
Posts: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtns View Post
My toes are curling from hearing that Elton is performing.....shudder

I think that cheapens the event. Am i the only one neg on this?
I'm with you. Not a big Elton John fan, especially at an event like this!
  #4960  
Old 05-17-2018, 10:05 AM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtns View Post
My toes are curling from hearing that Elton is performing.....shudder

I think that cheapens the event. Am i the only one neg on this?
At the wedding? Or at the evening reception?

Even if at the wedding, I don't have a problem--it really isn't that different than Kiri Te Kanawa performing at Charles & Diana's wedding. Just a different kind of music.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3909 11-27-2017 05:10 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi america archie mountbatten-windsor background story baptism biography british british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon customs daisy doge of venice doll duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style george vi gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume highgrove jack brooksbank jewellery king edward vii king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers meghan markle mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess chulabhorn walailak princess dita princess ribha queen consort queen louise queen maxima queen victoria royal ancestry spain speech suthida taiwan thailand unfinished portrait united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×