The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4681  
Old 05-15-2018, 07:26 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
There is something else to consider in all this--if it is true that Sr has a heart blockage and is having a procedure for it--heart disease can cause confusion and impaired thinking. Which could explain some of this mess.
__________________

  #4682  
Old 05-15-2018, 07:36 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
There is something else to consider in all this--if it is true that Sr has a heart blockage and is having a procedure for it--heart disease can cause confusion and impaired thinking. Which could explain some of this mess.
Good try but a swish and a miss.

Anyway as for who is walking her down the aisle I say Phillip jump in and show everyone else how its done.
__________________

  #4683  
Old 05-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wherever I wish, United States
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I’d be very surprised if Princess Margaret’s children and grandchildren aren’t invited. They’ve celebrated Christmases with the Queen and her family. Even if they aren’t as close as Harry and his cousins, they cross paths. I imagine the only Kent and Gloucester grandchildren that will be invited, if any, would be those that know Harry well (if any of them do). At some point, inviting third cousin might be a little much given this is a more scaled down wedding at a smaller venue.
It also is probably better optics wise to limit the perceived size of the royal family. While those on this forum know the Kent and Gloucester's kids and grandkids don't get taxpayer money and aren't official parts of the royal family, the media (DM) is already referring to them in that manner.

Simply put, it'll provoke more "outrage" to have increased rows of Windsors that (whether it's true of false) are seen to be "on the taxpayer's bill", then to "snub" third cousins most Brits couldn't pick out of a lineup.
  #4684  
Old 05-15-2018, 07:40 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Wherever I wish, United States
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Good try but a swish and a miss.

Anyway as for who is walking her down the aisle I say Phillip jump in and show everyone else how its done.
Sorry for the double post, but I doubt after this surgery that the royal family wants to increase Philip's role and potential amount of walking.
  #4685  
Old 05-15-2018, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I’d be very surprised if Princess Margaret’s children and grandchildren aren’t invited. They’ve celebrated Christmases with the Queen and her family. Even if they aren’t as close as Harry and his cousins, they cross paths. I imagine the only Kent and Gloucester grandchildren that will be invited, if any, would be those that know Harry well (if any of them do). At some point, inviting third cousin might be a little much given this is a more scaled down wedding at a smaller venue.
Well, Harry and William grew up right next door to Freddie and Gabriella Windsor. They used to play together, so it seems strange he'd leave them out yet invite people from his charities.

I know it's a scaled-down wedding, but it isn't that small if 600 people will be there.
  #4686  
Old 05-15-2018, 07:41 PM
O-H Anglophile's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Anyway as for who is walking her down the aisle I say Phillip jump in and show everyone else how its done.
Sure, because an almost 97 year old man who just had hip replacement surgery 5 weeks ago is a perfect choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillVictoria View Post
It also is probably better optics wise to limit the perceived size of the royal family. While those on this forum know the Kent and Gloucester's kids and grandkids don't get taxpayer money and aren't official parts of the royal family, the media (DM) is already referring to them in that manner.

Simply put, it'll provoke more "outrage" to have increased rows of Windsors that (whether it's true of false) are seen to be "on the taxpayer's bill", then to "snub" third cousins most Brits couldn't pick out of a lineup.
I am sick of the idea that the royal family has to do certain things because of better "optics." Haters are going to hate no matter the "optics."
  #4687  
Old 05-15-2018, 08:11 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
I don't get how not inviting them to the wedding is the 'slimming down of the royal family'

They will be on the balcony at trooping like they are every year. This is a public event proclaiming them members of the royal family. This is a lot more of a 'look we are royal' then attending Harry's wedding is.

People don't care how many royals are attending the wedding. THey aren't going to look at the guest list and say 'oh there are 600 guests, but wait, there are only 20 royals, so that's okay'. Royals don't cost more as wedding guests.

I would argue its actually worse PR for them. That they are not inviting family but they are inviting celebrities? I can even see the press if some of the Middletons are invited. How did Carole and Mike get an invite, when the Duke of Kent's children didn't??? Heck I could see 'Carole weaseled her way into an invite and pushed the family out' headlines as we know the press would love to do.

Its not like these are distant relatives they don't know. William and Harry grew up with Freddie and Gabriella. Playing together at Kensington. When they were kids, they would have still attended family holidays as well. And now things like the Christmas party. They aren't some unknown faces. They likely see them as much if not more then some of the Spencers, or Linleys.
  #4688  
Old 05-15-2018, 08:21 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 12,971
Do we think they will release an official guest list? Why not wait until then and see if the rumours are true.

So, we have
The title
the bridal party

anything else that needs to be announced?
__________________
.

  #4689  
Old 05-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Do we think they will release an official guest list? Why not wait until then and see if the rumours are true.

So, we have
The title
the bridal party

anything else that needs to be announced?
Coat of arms for Meghan unless I missed it.

The guest list for the Cambridge wedding was published ahead of time. Though it only showed about 300 of the 1900 guests. But it covered the big ones like the family members.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/dat...st-list-invite
  #4690  
Old 05-15-2018, 08:36 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 899
I think the families of The Kents and Gloucesters will be in attendance.
Why have a royal wedding without all the royals who have supported the Queen for decades and will support Harry and Meghan in the years to come? Also, it makes for familiar watching and a family feel. The wedding is being televised for a reason. The BRF is not as fractured as the Markles.

I hope Meghan's father ends up well enough to participate.

When are the bridal attendants due to be announced?
I'm missing some fun, historical and interesting factual information.
There is too much focus on what could be fake news in the media.

Meghan and Harry, at this point, can only try their best with the Markles and then plough all their energy into their big day and having a meaningful wedding.
(With hindsight, it was crazy to entertain a family wedding when the groom had not met the bride's family.)
  #4691  
Old 05-15-2018, 08:39 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I think the families of The Kents and Gloucesters will be in attendance.
Why have a royal wedding without all the royals who have supported the Queen for decades and will support Harry and Meghan in the years to come? Also, it makes for familiar watching and a family feel. The wedding is being televised for a reason. The BRF is not as fractured as the Markles.

I hope Meghan's father ends up well enough to participate.

When are the bridal attendants due to be announced?
I'm missing some fun, historical and interesting factual information.
There is too much focus on what could be fake news in the media.

Meghan and Harry, at this point, can only try their best with the Markles and then plough all their energy into their big day and having a meaningful wedding.
(With hindsight, it was crazy to entertain a family wedding when the groom had not met the bride's family.)
The bridal attendants, based on the Cambridge wedding, are well over due. The Cambridges announced their bridal party at Valentine's day before the wedding. The speculation is that it is being held back because of Meghan's side for now. Her side are private citizens, and they don't want the kids to be targets for the paps possibly, any sooner then needed. Its not likely they are in the UK yet.
  #4692  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:10 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,690
I can't believe I half to specify this but here goes: Saying Phillip should walk her down the aisle was a joke!
  #4693  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:28 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alexandria, United States
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The bridal attendants, based on the Cambridge wedding, are well over due. The Cambridges announced their bridal party at Valentine's day before the wedding. The speculation is that it is being held back because of Meghan's side for now. Her side are private citizens, and they don't want the kids to be targets for the paps possibly, any sooner then needed. Its not likely they are in the UK yet.
Several people keep on mentioning private citizens, but a few of William and Kate's attendants were private citizens as well, such as William "Billy" Lowther-Pinkerton and Tom Pettifer.
  #4694  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:32 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Several people keep on mentioning private citizens, but a few of William and Kate's attendants were private citizens as well, such as William "Billy" Lowther-Pinkerton and Tom Pettifer.
Having worked for the royal family, Jamie and Tiggy would have been used to the press. And they perhaps didn't protest their children having such exposure. It is possible that Meghan's friends didn't want to risk their children being followed by the paps. The Litt girls if involved live in LA, and we know what the American paps have been like to those associated with Meghan and this wedding.
  #4695  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Wait, who was talking about Freddie be Gabriella? The report is about Amelia. Like I said, at the third cousin point, invite those you are close to. Others really aren’t obligated. I can’t imagine Harry crosses path much with Amelia Windsor.
  #4696  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:35 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 899
Does Meghan have a nephew or a grandfather who could step in and offer her support walking down the aisle?
Does she have a close uncle or work mate?
I predict Doria over any of the BRF - just for familiarity.
She might feel confident to walk alone.
  #4697  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Several people keep on mentioning private citizens, but a few of William and Kate's attendants were private citizens as well, such as William "Billy" Lowther-Pinkerton and Tom Pettifer.
American paparazzi do have more relaxed rules I believe. And the BRF does not have the clout here than they do in UK.
  #4698  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:37 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Wait, who was talking about Freddie be Gabriella? The report is about Amelia. Like I said, at the third cousin point, invite those you are close to. Others really aren’t obligated. I can’t imagine Harry crosses path much with Amelia Windsor.
The report is that ALL of the younger generation have not been invited. All of the children and grandchildren of the Kents and Gloucesters. That would of course include Ella and Freddie.

The young royals not invited to Harry and Meghan's royal wedding | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
Does Meghan have a nephew or a grandfather who could step in and offer her support walking down the aisle?
Does she have a close uncle or work mate?
I predict Doria over any of the BRF - just for familiarity.
She might feel confident to walk alone.
She has no living grandparents, other then a step-grandmother I believe.

There are Samantha's kids, Ashleigh and Christopher. Neither have spoken to the press, and Meghan is said to be close to both. She also has a half uncle on her mother's side who is close to her in age. But we don't know if any of them are attending the wedding.

She does have close friends. Like Markus who is speculated to have introduced her to Harry.
  #4699  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:43 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Wherever, United States
Posts: 5,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

She does have close friends. Like Markus who is speculated to have introduced her to Harry.
Yea, the Markus rumor says were shot during the engagement interview.
  #4700  
Old 05-15-2018, 09:49 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
I guess I didn't memorize the interview to memory enough, I missed the 'she'

The point being that she does have close male friends, including Markus. He is friends with both the couple. Not that I expect him to walk Meghan, but answering the question of the other poster, if she had close male friends.

I'd rather she choose a family member of her own, or close friend, then Charles. Charles is there for his son, she is entering into his family. Meghan should have someone she has a strong bond with, ushering her into her new life.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings soapstar The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family 3909 11-27-2017 05:10 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi america archie mountbatten-windsor background story biography british british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker bowles china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese commonwealth countries countess of snowdon daisy doge of venice doll duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style george vi gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume highgrove hypothetical monarchs jack brooksbank jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family nepalese royal jewels plantinum jubilee prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn prince harry princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess chulabhorn princess chulabhorn walailak princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien queen louise queen maxima queen victoria resusci anne royal ancestry spain speech suthida taiwan thailand unfinished portrait united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×