Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a question about Harry and Meghan's possible honeymoon location. Does anyone know if Meghan's status under a fiancee visa effects travel outside of the UK for any length of time? Because this would limit locations for the honeymoon.

This is a question about Harry and Meghan's possible honeymoon location. Does anyone know if Meghan's status under a fiancee visa effects travel outside of the UK for any length of time? Because this would limit locations for the honeymoon.

According the MarriageVisaHelp.com website once Meghan marries Harry her fiance visa technically expires meaning she can't leave and then reenter the country. It seems she needs to apply for a spousal visa before leaving the UK for the honeymoon.

Scroll down to the last question "Will I be allowed to travel outside the UK after the marriage?"

http://www.marriagevisahelp.com/united-kingdom/uk-fiancee-visa-faq-2/

Last edited:

It can take a few weeks usually, unless you use and qualify for the premium service which if I recall correctly, can be done immediately. Its possible they will just have a short honeymoon in the UK, and take a more exciting honeymoon later on.

:previous: Thanks Gawain and Countessmeout. That's what I thought had been mentioned awhile back, but I wasn't sure of the facts. I agree a honeymoon somewhere in the UK, (possibly somewhere private as I think they mentioned not a lot a security would be needed) then a longer trip this summer.

If he uses wheelchair, he’ll need pillows to elevate to be higher than his knees. I know (had both replaced) he probably isn’t able to “sit” in regular seat. Imagine a high seat at a bar where your legs are dangling—that’s what it like. Also, the agony of getting into a car, where again, you need to be elevated (lifting you foot an inch feels like 500 pounds, even after a few months). I kid you not.

Still? That wasn't true for my brother's mother-in-law. This long after surgery she was walking well with a cane just for support and stabilization.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really depends on the person. Not just their age but their health and more. Some people fortunately have quicker healing process then others.

Still? That wasn't true for my brother's mother-in-law. This long after surgery she was walking well with a cane just for support and stabilization.

Everyone is different. For myself and the others I know, I guess it just took us longer.

2 weeks to go. Busy times for Harry and Meghan. That update from KP was so needed. I think it calmed the frantic mood a lot, now we know the timetable, plan and structure of the wedding. It also stopped the Sr questions, and cut the wings from the markles talking.

Pound land has their own wedding range on sale now too, for those of us who want some sort of memorabilia, or bring on the wedding party mood, and want to do it cheap.

Re-watching Sophie and Edward's wedding, it seems that Mrs. Rhys-Jones practically followed Sophie into the church, assisting with controlling the gown and went to her seat from a different direction. She was travelling with the bridesmaids and pageboys as well, so maybe this is similar to what they envision Doria doing at the wedding after they stop at the Castle.

Mrs. Rhys-Jones had arrived earlier together with Sophie's brother and sister-in-law. The woman who helped with the gown was another woman probably the designer of the gown.

Last edited:
There were ladies outside when Sophie arrived, who helped with her dress. One was indeed the designer, Samantha Shaw. The other, I am not sure who she was, but not Sophie's mother. Unfortunately the only video I can find is Fox and they identify the older lady as Sophie's mother but they are wrong.

There were ladies outside when Sophie arrived, who helped with her dress. One was indeed the designer, Samantha Shaw. The other, I am not sure who she was, but not Sophie's mother. Unfortunately the only video I can find is Fox and they identify the older lady as Sophie's mother but they are wrong.

I think you’re right about it being the designer. The others may have just been colleagues of Samantha.

Having rewatched parts of Edward and Sophie’s wedding, I really hope that if the weather is good then Harry and William walk down to the church like Edward and his brothers did. That was a great way for the public to greet the princes and for them to wish Edward well.

I read that some people will walk to the church and others by car. Can we hazard a guess as to who might walk? I know he queen and Philip (if he goes) will probably be driven and I think the same for Charles and Camilla and probably some of Meghan’s family as the public don’t know them. I’d like to see the rest of the family walk down but that’s just because I think it would be great for them to greet the public.

I imagine Royal Lodge or Bagshot Park will be able to put some family members up. Peter Phillips (and perhaps his groomsmen etc) stayed with Edward and Sophie the day before his wedding. I reckon Harry will stay in royal lodge or Bagshot Park if Meghan stays at Windsor castle.

Last edited:
Having rewatched parts of Edward and Sophie’s wedding, I really hope that if the weather is good then Harry and William walk down to the church like Edward and his brothers did. That was a great way for the public to greet the princes and for them to wish Edward well.

I read that some people will walk to the church and others by car. Can we hazard a guess as to who might walk? I know he queen and Philip (if he goes) will probably be driven and I think the same for Charles and Camilla and probably some of Meghan’s family as the public don’t know them. I’d like to see the rest of the family walk down but that’s just because I think it would be great for them to greet the public.

It would be diffuilt if it would be raining with the stairs. Would thy then put a Canopy over them? In any way it seem rather windy there. Wathing the Video from Edward and Sophie's Wedding they had diffulties to hold her veil in place and at Charle's and Camilla's blessing ti was also windy and Camilly had to hold her hairpiece. Looking at the pics of lady Helen's Weddine she also had to hold their Veil
My guess is that the Queen and Philip if he attends will enter through the side entrance they always at Easter so that he does not have to climb the stairs.

Meghan will stay somewhere else, not at Windsor castle.
It's worth to read official announcements.

I was at work all day yesterday so I didn’t have time to read the official announcements. My job sadly doesn’t allow for breaks to read Twitter. Thanks for informing that Meghan is staying elsewhere.

If she does have an older bridesmaid, maybe not Louise. Louise has done a royal wedding already. There are other young women in the family, like Lara Spencer. If they are making a point of including the Spencers. I like that they have Jane doing the reading.

I hope to see Lady Louise as a bridesmaid. She could follow in Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones's footsteps. Sarah was a bridesmaid at Anne's wedding, then again at Charles's.

But it would be nice to see a Spencer too.

Maybe one of the Earl's younger girls?

LaRae

Lady Lara Spencer is 12 years old. She would be old enough to help manage some younger bridesmaids. Savannah Phillips could also be old enough to be no trouble. She is 7 and a half.
I could see those two with Charlotte, Mia and 2 of Meghan’s friends kids. Then maybe George and Louis van Cutsem who are similar in age.

Maybe one of the Earl's younger girls?

LaRae

Yes that is why I suggested Lara. That is his Uncle's daughter with his second wife. She is 12, a bit younger then Louise, but old enough to wrangle the younger ones.

Meghan and Doria will be staying somewhere near. The release specifically said the press will get to see them exit and drive to the chapel. It also said they will go down the long walk. So I imagine she will be fairly close by.

????????????

Ya'll know I'm SO HAPPY about this part! I've been wishing and hoping for a long ride to the Chapel for Meghan that we get to see... I kinda hope for the same for William and Harry - even though they'll probably just walk over... but still...

Gosh I'm so excited!

I read about Doria riding in the car with Meghan and got SO EXCITED. . I was a little disappointed about her not having bridesmaids but I got over it when I realized her mom would be with her and would basically fulfill the matron of honor role. At least - that's what I think.

If Doria basically acted as a matron of honor, would that do away with her needing to get to her seat before the Queen's arrival? What did Pippa do when she came in with Kate? She would have been seated after the Queen, right? I guess this means Doria won't be walking down the aisle?

How ARE they gonna pull this off?

According to the press release, Doria will be dropped off at the castle. That's where Meghan will pick up her pageboys and bridesmaids, before continuing on to the church. The release says members of the royal family will start making their way to the church at this time, so it's safe to say Doria will be in the church before the Queen arrives.

I remember the designer was on hand during W&K's wedding. You can see her fixing Kate's train right before she walked down the aisle, so I imagine the designer of Meghan's dress will be the one helping her with any last minute fixes.

Ohhhh!!! This makes sense!! This is going to be lovely.

????????????

Ya'll know I'm SO HAPPY about this part! I've been wishing and hoping for a long ride to the Chapel for Meghan that we get to see... I kinda hope for the same for William and Harry - even though they'll probably just walk over... but still...

Gosh I'm so excited!

I read about Doria riding in the car with Meghan and got SO EXCITED. . I was a little disappointed about her not having bridesmaids but I got over it when I realized her mom would be with her and would basically fulfill the matron of honor role. At least - that's what I think.

If Doria basically acted as a matron of honor, would that do away with her needing to get to her seat before the Queen's arrival? What did Pippa do when she came in with Kate? She would have been seated after the Queen, right? I guess this means Doria won't be walking down the aisle?

Pippa was part of the wedding party so she came in after Kate ..so that's a bit different than Doria's role.

Doria is going to be dropped off at the castle on the way over and the girls/boys in the party are going to be picked up by Meghan and all go over to the Chapel.

It's been said that Tom will walk Meghan down the aisle. KP released an official statement yesterday with all kinds of info.

LaRae

????????????

Gosh I'm so excited!

Doria is not riding to the church with her daughter. She is only riding as far as the castle. She will be staying with her daughter wherever Meghan stays the night before. I would assume Doria will then travel with the other guests from the castle to the wedding. Meghan will only be accompanied by her bridesmaids and page boys. Posibly her dad.

Pippa was part of the wedding party so she came in after Kate ..so that's a bit different than Doria's role.

Doria is going to be dropped off at the castle on the way over and the girls/boys in the party are going to be picked up by Meghan and all go over to the Chapel.

It's been said that Tom will walk Meghan down the aisle. KP released an official statement yesterday with all kinds of info.

LaRae

Yep - I realized after I caught up in the thread... I just couldn't wait to post I was so exicited.. ?

You guys... it's happening!! It's not a drill! It's happening for real!

Doria is not riding to the church with her daughter. She is only riding as far as the castle. She will be staying with her daughter wherever Meghan stays the night before. I would assume Doria will then travel with the other guests from the castle to the wedding. Meghan will only be accompanied by her bridesmaids and page boys. Posibly her dad.

Yep - I realized right after I posted. I posted another post saying so but I'm sure it got lost, lol.

I'm so excited ya'll.

*off to finalize deets for my viewing party!*

Last edited by a moderator:
It should make for an interesting meet-the-parents thing in the week before the #royalwedding*:
Meghan: Harry this is my Dad, you’ve not met each other yet
Harry: Hi Mr Markle, meet my Dad. He’s heir to the throne & the next King
Meghan: Mom, this is Harry’s granny. Err, The Queen

Via Chris Ship Twitter

:lol:

With the various kinds of video chats they certainly have had, it will be more like:
HARRY: Tom, I finally get to hug you properly. Granny will be here in just a moment. Father will be in later, but you met him yesterday at Clarence House.

Lady Lara Spencer is 12 years old. She would be old enough to help manage some younger bridesmaids. Savannah Phillips could also be old enough to be no trouble. She is 7 and a half.
I could see those two with Charlotte, Mia and 2 of Meghan’s friends kids. Then maybe George and Louis van Cutsem who are similar in age.
Meghan's friends mainly have girls, so no, we likely won't see that many girls from Harry's side. And I think we might see as few as four total bridesmaids and page boys since they will be riding with Meghan in the car. At max, it'll be six.

I will say though, I'm still a little uncertain about how this will work out with Meghan trying to manage all the kids in the car on her own. What if one of them decided they didn't like something and started throwing a tantrum? Or what if two of them get into a fight? There is just so many things that can go wrong. :lol: She's quite brave to try this out. NOT something I would trying out on the day I'm getting married. :lol:

Last edited:
Meghan's friends mainly have girls, so no, we likely won't see that many girls from Harry's side. And I think we might see as few as four total bridesmaids and page boys since they will be riding with Meghan in the car. At max, it'll be six.

I will say though, I'm still a little uncertain about how this will work out with Meghan trying to manage all the kids in the car on her own. What if one of them decided they didn't like something and started throwing a tantrum? Or what if two of them get into a fight? There is just so many things that can go wrong. :lol: She's quite brave to try this out. NOT something I would trying out on the day I'm getting married. :lol:
I think it is possible there will be a second car waiting at the castle for the attendants.

Yikes - or they get overly excited and puke all over the gown. I think O-H Anglophile has it right - a separate car for the little ones.

I REALLY hope the wonderful Mia will be there !

She is cute but I doubt it. It seems both page boys will be Harry's side. I guess they could pair Mia with one of Benita's daughters, but I have a feeling we will likely see both of Benita's daughters instead.

if only the same as the Cambridge I still think we will see:

Charlotte
Ivy
Benita's twins

George
Jasper Dyer

And possibly an older bridesmaid (teen). I'd love to see them use Lara as something different.

Last edited:
Yikes - or they get overly excited and puke all over the gown. I think O-H Anglophile has it right - a separate car for the little ones.
Or step on her dress and leave a foot print. :lol: Separate car is probably a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom