Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Meghan disclosed during the engagement interview that Harry had taken her to meet his Spencer aunts, didn't she? I remember we had quite a little discussion about how she pronounced 'Aunt'!

Yes, he did introduce Meghan to the Spencer family.

The details released today are really interesting. I am pleased both of Meghan's parents will be close to her for the wedding.

I am a little confused about the dynamics of Meghan and Doria driving together to Windsor Castle, dropping off Doria and picking up some of the bridesmaids - before carrying on to the Chapel. I'm guessing Tom Sr will meet Meghan either at the bottom of the steps or at the top if he's not swapping places in the car with Doria.

I suspect this interlude will need to take several minutes or longer allowing Doria time to get to the Chapel and join the congregation. I also wonder if the car carrying Meghan and Doria will be swapped for a different one for Meghan's journey to the Chapel.

Within the discreet and vast surroundings of the castle a changeover could easily take place if they wanted, and Sr would get to travel the last lap with his daughter to the church. But it’s still all good ?

Just to clarify - I'm not confused about it actually happening (it's a lovely way for both parents to be closely involved) but how it's all technically going to work.

Makes sense if Tom Sr has trouble walking to meet Meghan at the top of the steps.

Same here. :flowers: I initially thought I understood but then as posters started explaining I got confused.

shame they aren't feeding some refreshments to the 'guests' they invited because of their community and charity work. it is going to be a long day for them: a 9 am start, lots of waiting and hanging out in the open air (which, in UK, is quite treacherous given the potential for rain at anytime!). they've allegedly told them to bring picnics - the sight of all these guests coming in in their sunday best clothing with picnic bags sounds not too appealing for PR purposes. surely they could have organised some drinks and nibbles? nothing too fancy, just tea and coffee and some sandwiches would have sufficed for them to keep fed and hydrated over all the waiting time - the lease you'd want is to see people carrying tesco bags to the royal wedding.

now seriously... given these people have done extraordinary things for their communities, i think sandwiches and tea isn't much to ask for. i think this will come back to bite them if they don't fix it.

shame they aren't feeding some refreshments to the 'guests' they invited because of their community and charity work. it is going to be a long day for them: a 9 am start, lots of waiting and hanging out in the open air (which, in UK, is quite treacherous given the potential for rain at anytime!). they've allegedly told them to bring picnics - the sight of all these guests coming in in their sunday best clothing with picnic bags sounds not too appealing for PR purposes. surely they could have organised some drinks and nibbles? nothing too fancy, just tea and coffee and some sandwiches would have sufficed for them to keep fed and hydrated over all the waiting time - the lease you'd want is to see people carrying tesco bags to the royal wedding.

now seriously... given these people have done extraordinary things for their communities, i think sandwiches and tea isn't much to ask for. i think this will come back to bite them if they don't fix it.

I actually thought I read somewhere that refreshments would be served to the charity guests, something along the lines of finger sandwiches. Not sure, but I will try to find the source.

I’m sure refreshments will be provided but people are asked to bring stuff just in case some need more than the usual rations available. It happens.

I am wondering if Lady Louise is in the bridal party. She is 14 now....so I don't see why not. Lady Sarah Chatto was 17 when Charles and Diana married and Zara was 13 when Sarah married Daniel.

I wonder as well. I am going to take a guess and say Jessica's daughter and Benita's twin daughters are bridemaides along with Charlotte but they are all very young. I think 5 and under. So I would guess they would have at least one older girl. Maybe 2 to make it an even number? So 6? Is that too many? Seems a lot. As for page boys? Jasper and George. Again both 5 and under. So would they add Jessica's twin boys? I know Meghan is very close to them. They are 7 or 8 years old.

It's been reported, that refreshments are provided. I'm assuming that the guests are advices to bring also their own lunches, in case of specific dietary restrictions, in case the refreshments provided aren't to their taste or people simply get more hungry. I think they were sent an advisory leaflet on what to bring with them: Comfortable clothes, sunscreen, lunch etc, because at the castle grounds there is no option to buy food or anything else.

I don't see the issue with the packed lunch and based on all the media folk commenting on it sans the republicans with an agenda... it is quite common practice from their reactions. So meh.

Just to clarify - I'm not confused about it actually happening (it's a lovely way for both parents to be closely involved) but how it's all technically going to work.

Makes sense if Tom Sr has trouble walking to meet Meghan at the top of the steps.

Here are a few relevant quotes from the press release. It doesn't mention Mr. Markle joining Meghan at Windsor Castle, so it's safe to assume that he will meet her at the church. Probably at the top of the stairs as you suggested.

"On the morning of the wedding, Ms. Ragland will travel with Ms. Markle by car to Windsor Castle. Mr. Markle will walk his daughter down the aisle of St George's Chapel."

"A pooled media facility will cover Ms. Markle and Ms. Ragland's departure from the bride's overnight location. We expect the journey into the Castle to take them along part of the Long Walk, allowing members of the public gathered there to see the car as it passes. There will also be a brief stop at the Castle where Ms. Ragland will head onto the Chapel and Ms. Markle will be joined by some of the Bridesmaids and Page Boys before she continues her journey to the church, where she will enter via the West Steps."

which, in UK, is quite treacherous given the potential for rain at anytime!)

I assume this is humorous ? We are a hardy breed, used to ANYTHING the weather can throw at us, and perfectly capable of looking after ourselves. Picnics in [sometimes] dodgy weather are a normal part of our lives, so 'do try not to fret'...

Last edited:
Harry is not close to many foreign Royals bar the ones in Africa. If there are any then they would have a close relationship with him.

Or maybe she will organise the kids like Kate did for Pippa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe she will organise the kids like Kate did for Pippa.

She will do nothing of the sort as she will be mother of the bride. Though she has been assigned a hugely significant role usually reserved for fathers ;)

As Andrew is Harry's godfather I wonder if Meghan and her mother will stay at Royal Lodge the night before the wedding?

Meghan’s former publicist/PR person has joined Sky as part of its wedding coverage

Yes, I wondered that too. Although if Andrew, Sarah and Beatrice are all milling around getting themselves ready at Royal Lodge, maybe not.

if Andrew, Sarah and Beatrice are all milling around getting themselves ready

I'd be surprised if Sarah, Duchess of York has been invited...

I don't expect to see Sarah either.

LaRae

I honestly don’t think Philip will be up to attending. The fact they mentioned it at all leads me to believe it’ll be a day of decision.

Hip replacement is a big deal at 96

I think Philip clearly wants to attend but he might not be well enough. It is understandable. I hope he doesn't miss it because I know he is very close to Harry and it would disappoint them both.

I honestly don’t think Philip will be up to attending. The fact they mentioned it at all leads me to believe it’ll be a day of decision.

Hip replacement is a big deal at 96
The Queen Regnant is who matters here and she will, be there ;)

I wish Phillip well whatever happens and he wouldn’t let his grandson down on purpose .?

The Queen Regnant is who matters here and she will, be there ;)

I wish Phillip well whatever happens and he wouldn’t let his grandson down on purpose .?

I think all the family matters. My point is KP is preparing us for the fact Prince Philip may not be well enough to attend.

Last edited:
Meghan's parents are expected to meet the Duke of Edinburgh; so he is at least well enough to receive visitors. I would hope that means they can also find a way to include him in the church service on the wedding day.

I'd be surprised if Sarah, Duchess of York has been invited...

I could see Sarah attending, simply because she has a relationship with Harry. Unlike William and Kate, Harry has been seen vacationing and skiing with the whole York family.

That said, if Sarah is invited, I doubt it will have anything to do with whether or not the DoE will be in attendance; a decision on whether or not Sarah is invited would have been made awhile ago - before the invites went out. A decision on the DoE’s attendance seems like it’s going to be made day of, based on his ability to attend.

I think Philip clearly wants to attend but he might not be well enough. It is understandable. I hope he doesn't miss it because I know he is very close to Harry and it would disappoint them both.

Wonder if there are more health Issues. If he really wanted to be there he could use an wheelchair like Margaret did at Prince Edward's wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom