Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I looked at the carriage and I saw something very different then what has been said......I saw *ancient family history*, if I was Meghan, I would be so proud and joyful to ride in that coach......it is filled with history of the family she is marrying into first of all, it is filled with memories of long gone members who have been loved and cherished through time and not forgotten here.....it would be IMHO *A Honor* to ride in it for my wedding, so what is not to love here.........looks, then maybe some wedding flowers are the key......even if not, it is a joyous carriage to behold! Who here would not love to take a spin in it anytime........I get first dibs on that....:lol:

:previous: I'll be right beside you. Hiding in your purse. ?

As for the carriages, a pic was posted here and it is ugly; don't really care about what it coulda woulda shoulda looked like under different circumstances.

I do hope Meghan's attendants are from her side as well as Harry's; I just find it so odd that Kate had only her sister and everyone else was from William's associates.

One thing to keep in mind is that Will and Kate had been together so long there wasn't a clear demarkation between William's friends and Kate's friends, meaning a lot of the choices may have been for both of them. Plus it seems that Kate's side of the family didn't have a lot of little kids, and even their friends were either childless or had kids that were too young.

Due to the 7 year age difference between the ages Kate and Meghan got married (despite them only being born a few months apart), more of Meghan's friends have kids old enough to be in the wedding. Plus since, unlike Kate, Meghan hasn't been with Harry since college/for nearly a decade it is easier to classify friends as being "her side" vs. Harry's.

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . . . As for the carriages, a pic was posted here and it is ugly; don't really care about what it coulda woulda shoulda looked like under different circumstances . . . . .
I have to admit I was hoping it wouldn't be one of the Ascot Landaus and the only reason I can imagine both Edward and Harry selecting that is that they are the most comfortable landaus they have.

No flowers on Edward and Sophie's landau:

https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/prince-edward.jpg

I think perhaps Tom Snr is coming to the wedding [...]

On the other hand, it's quite some distance between Mexico and the UK and a man in bad health could find it very difficult.

I think I am getting impatient about the wedding party details being released as I’m basing it on William and Kate releasing that over 2 months before.

Perhaps they are trying to protect the privacy of the little ones involved as long as possible. Social media has moved on a lot since 2011.

:previous: This makes me tend to think that private citizens/children will comprise part or all of the party and they want them left in peace before the wedding. If that is the case I think they could give the vital stats, say FoB, MoH, four flower girls and four page boys.

Last year and earlier this year there were rumours Meghan wanted her mum to walk her down the aisle and was going to ask her to.

I think I am getting impatient about the wedding party details being released as I’m basing it on William and Kate releasing that over 2 months before.

Perhaps they are trying to protect the privacy of the little ones involved as long as possible. Social media has moved on a lot since 2011.

I don't need to know. The fact the media are already knocking on the door of her BFF Lindsay just validates the delay. I would guess most the bridal party is made up of Meghan's personal friends. These are people not in the royal or aristocratic bubble. Their privacy will be over the second the names are revealed. So don't. It is in 2 weeks. We can find out then. Or they might wait until they are all in the U.K. where they can be protected.

I think the wedding party details will be revealed when all of them are in UK. The press is relentless, they'd harass them all wherever they could. Not everyone is prepared to take that all on.

In terms of the bridal party, we have to understand that UK actually has much stricter laws in terms of using the paparazzi shots. However, that's not the case in US or Canada. Not certain about Canadian laws, but there is little law to limit paparazzi in US, including when it comes to children.

Yeah, I tend to think the same. I don't think they will release the wedding party until maybe a week before when all participants are in the U.K.

Thomas Markle Sr will be at the wedding. *From reliable sources, trust me... I had hoped it’d be Doria...but it isn’t to be.

Brilliant news for Tom Jr and Samantha I’m sure...

Last edited:
I'm happy for Meghan, that both her parents will be at her wedding. That's all that matters. Samantha and Jr can kick rocks for all I care, it doesn't matter one bit if hm being at the wedding will make them happy or sad.

Please note that several posts have been deleted/edit since they related to issues concerning Meghan's family and her first wedding and so unrelated to the topic of this thread.

Just heard Omid and Emily (On Heir podcast) saying they have a press briefing at KP end of this week (Tomorrow) supposed to get more wedding details...so maybe we'll hear about the wedding party???

LaRae

Sr gets his wish to be at this particular royal wedding and walk Meghan down the aisle...

Yeah, I tend to think the same. I don't think they will release the wedding party until maybe a week before when all participants are in the U.K.

How soon were the flower girls and pageboys announced before Prince William and Catherine Middleton's wedding?

How soon were the flower girls and pageboys announced before Prince William and Catherine Middleton's wedding?

Valentine's day I believe, over 2 months before the wedding.

Sr gets his wish to be at this particular royal wedding and walk Meghan down the aisle...

You make him sound like some scheming social climber desperate to get an invitation :ermm:

He is her father. I have a feeling its also likely her wish for him to walk her down the aisle. He is her father.

I think Meghan's mom and dad knew since last November when the engagement was announced that they were invited.

For tommorow's announcement at the press conference - Meghan's coat of arms is presented. Kate's C of A was revealed ten days before her wedding to William.

I think Meghan's mom and dad knew since last November when the engagement was announced that they were invited.

For tommorow's announcement at the press conference - Meghan's coat of arms is presented. Kate's C of A was revealed ten days before her wedding to William.

That seems like a good guess :flowers:

I have to agree the bridal party is likely waiting for safety concerns, until they are in the UK. And I doubt would call for a press conference.

Valentine's day I believe, over 2 months before the wedding.

You make him sound like some scheming social climber desperate to get an invitation :ermm:

He is her father. I have a feeling its also likely her wish for him to walk her down the aisle. He is her father.

Not at all, I merely pointed out he was getting his wish which is true. Here he is expressing his desire to walk her down the aisle...he spoke to the reporter and received gifts of alcohol and stuff

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markle-dad-wedding-harry-11658082

That seems like a good guess :flowers:

I have to agree the bridal party is likely waiting for safety concerns, until they are in the UK. And I doubt would call for a press conference.

It’s a press briefing, not a press conference.
I expect the press briefing will be tomorrow, but the info might be publicly announced next week.

Last edited:
Several posts have been deleted.

Please remain on-topic (wedding suggestions and musings), and avoid personal attacks on other members and overt speculation that is not related to the wedding.

The moderating team would also like to make everyone aware that we will be watching this forum very closely over the next few weeks, and the rules will be followed incredibly stringently.

Well they (Omid, Emily et al) were all posting about heading to a very large press briefing at BP (not KP) around 3 hours ago....

LaRae

:previous:

Emily Nash has just posted saying to expect some more wedding updates in the next hour or so.

Oh good! Will be great to get info today!

LaRae

Victoria Murphy

Verified account

Lots of #royalwedding details to be revealed shortly...

However someone asked her if we would find out about George/Charlotte being in the wedding and she said they this was not something that was confirmed today.

LaRae

I said this before but now I'm convinced of it -- I don't think they will be releasing the names of the wedding party (as some kids are on Meghan's side) until they are all in the UK. This way they can control the madness. I don't really blame them.

Victoria Murphy

Verified account

@QueenVicMirror
35s35 seconds ago
More
Meghan Markle’s dad will walk her down the aisle and her parents will meet The Queen and other members of the Royal Family in the days before the wedding, @KensingtonRoyal announces today
More

Feminist Meghan is also keen to involve her mother Doria Ragland in the #royalwedding proceedings. She will travel past crowds to St George’s Chapel by car with her mother, meeting her father there for the walk down the aisle.
Chris Ship

Verified account

@chrisshipitv
Follow Follow @chrisshipitv
More

Prince Harry to meet his future father-in-law for first time in wedding week, Tom Markle to walk Meghan down the aisle, Meghan’s Mum Doria to travel with her to the chapel, Princess Diana’s siblings all invited & her sister will do the reading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom