Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yikes :ohmy: Sorry but it looks like a blue dress with a craft smock over. Something out of a kid's dress up box.

I don't see something like this in a grand cathedral/abbey wedding.

But I am interested as well in what they will wear.

On the flip I hope Meghan doesn't embrace the 'English style' so much we get little costumes like Pippa or military dress like Kate's page boys. Cute little suits and dresses.

Last edited:
There is a new person the designers are lining up to design for, for the wedding ?

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/designers-lining-dress-ontario-teen-154754843.html

A Canadian teen Faith was one of the kids who was awarded the 1st annual Diana award last year. She has started a charity where she provides individualized blankets to cancer patients. Started in Canada but she sends them to several countries. When she was in the UK to receive her award, she spoke to people there, who are interested in opening a London location.

She is one of the seven Diana award recipients chosen to be at the wedding.

Great experience for her to get to attend. And likely exciting for a young woman to have designers offering to dress her

Okay, not feeling the love for the blue dress. I think it would overwhelm smaller flower girls. :flowers:

But oh dear, I am afraid we are all risking our Mental Health by our Royal Wedding Obsession. Apparently, we should monitor how all-encompassing our interest becomes - because it could turn into an actual mental illness! A Psychiatrist at New York University (couldn't catch the name) thinks if we spend too much time well we will be taking time from something or someone else.

Okay, we are all apparently parasocial because we are interacting with people we don't know in this fantasy world . . .oops, this is only one thread, soooo dare I say we are all certifiable Royal Fanatics. ;)

I was amused by them bringing out the big name Psychiatrist at the University Medical School to tell us we are all whack jobs, but really, it's a bit redundant when we all know we are crazy on this forum. ?

So, in the interests of mental health, speak to someone when you have your morning coffee . . . my dog is a really good listener and I'm sure most pet owners find the same. Unfortunately, few of us inhabit homes with a spouse, child or roommate who similarly share our royal interests but most seem to indulge our general nuttiness as long as we are deemed harmless (or the lawn doesn't need mowing). :D

I wonder why nobody thinks golf isn't harmful to our mental health? Have you ever heard them replaying all eighteen holes, shot by shot, over lunch? :bang:

Thank you very much you joyless gits that made and posted that clip on Youtube!

We know that ABC and CBS will be covering the wedding. I’m guessing CNN will be providing Live Coverage too. If they can tear themselves from Trump for a couple of hours. We should be seeing some promotions.

I read the other day NBC and PBS are covering it too. Also PBS will have a series of programs about the Royals on the week of the weeking.

CBS, E! Online, NBC, PBS, BBC America, and CNN have all released schedules. ABC is also covering as they mentioned but haven't announced their official schedule yet.

Will BBC be covering the wedding?

Good Lord YES..as will ITV and Sky. Channel 4 [being tediously 'rebellious' and a bit 'alternative'] usually does something ostentatiously 'not the Royal wedding'...

Last edited:
Oh, for heaven's sake! This isn't an official release is it? It sounds more to me that someone in this firm has been blabbing and has links to the Maven website. The next thing will be Meghan's underwear on the big day, I suppose! No-one seems able to keep their mouths shut about anything, it appears.

What's not clear to me about the slippers is that are they just sending it to her on their own or was it order from the Palace? It doesn't make it clear in that article, which makes me think they are just doing this on their own.

What's not clear to me about the slippers is that are they just sending it to her on their own or was it order from the Palace? It doesn't make it clear in that article, which makes me think they are just doing this on their own.

I also got that impression. And looking at the pictures, I can't see Meghan wearing that type of shoe for the wedding--I think she will wear something with a heel.

I also got that impression. And looking at the pictures, I can't see Meghan wearing that type of shoe for the wedding--I think she will wear something with a heel.

The slippers aren't for the wedding itself. It's for when she's getting ready in the morning.

I got the impression these were pre-wedding slippers? Not the type you would wear down the aisle..but just wearing while getting ready on the big day?

LaRae

Oh, for heaven's sake! This isn't an official release is it? It sounds more to me that someone in this firm has been blabbing and has links to the Maven website. The next thing will be Meghan's underwear on the big day, I suppose! No-one seems able to keep their mouths shut about anything, it appears.

This is crazy I really don’t remember William and Kate announcing cakes flowers etc beforehand and definitely not. shoes. Not a good look, whoever is running this wedding ( I’m not meaning H&M ) needs to shut up.

William and Kate absolutely announced their cakes, flowers, and all that stuff.

As for these shoes? Seems like this brand are using Meghan as promo. They not affiliated with her or they wouldn't be talking to a fan page. They are clearly trying to gift them to her and advertising it.

This is crazy I really don’t remember William and Kate announcing cakes flowers etc beforehand and definitely not. shoes. Not a good look, whoever is running this wedding ( I’m not meaning H&M ) needs to shut up.

We still don’t know what is the situation with the shoes since there is no official announcement from KP, so it’s likelg the brand is just doing this on their own for some publicity. And for the other stuff, the Cambridges absolutely did. SO I guess this is a bad look on the royal family’s communications department all around, and not just whoever running this wedding.

The KP haven't said anything about the shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:

How are Meghan and Harry to blame, or the palace, for this one :ermm:

The company made a comment to the press. Not the palace. The company said they are sending Meghan a pair of slippers to wear on her big day.

In no way has it been suggested that Meghan ordered a pair. Or that the palace ever agreed for the information to be leaked. This is not some kind of public announcement about the wedding.

Designers are using the wedding as a way of getting promotion. Just like Elizabeth Emmanuel pushing her own design line. It has nothing to do witht he couple. And the same kind of thing happened for Will and Kate. People trying to cash in on the wedding.

I read this again, it could be interpreted as they are saying a press release from KP is coming, but they were tipped off by the brand first? If that’s the case, that’s a big mistake by the company. They are relatively new, so they may have inadequate PR department, but this could turn out badly for them if that’s the case. Shoes are relatively easy to change out.

I read this again, it could be interpreted as they are saying a press release from KP is coming, but they were tipped off by the brand first? If that’s the case, that’s a big mistake by the company. They are relatively new, so they may have inadequate PR department, but this could turn out badly for them if that’s the case. Shoes are relatively easy to change out.

I don't see anything suggesting a KP announcement.

There isn't even a suggestion that Meghan ordered the slippers. The company has said they are sending her a pair. Free PR for the company plain and simple.

Even if Meghan ordered them, she isn't going to release the designer of her 'bridal suite' slippers. Its not like the shoes she is wearing down the aisle.

I don't see anything suggesting a KP announcement.

There isn't even a suggestion that Meghan ordered the slippers. The company has said they are sending her a pair. Free PR for the company plain and simple.

Even if Meghan ordered them, she isn't going to release the designer of her 'bridal suite' slippers. Its not like the shoes she is wearing down the aisle.

It said press release. I wasn’t sure if it could be KP press release or just a company press release. It’s unlikely, but we don’t know about impossible until the time come see or if it doesn’t come before the wedding. Just covering all the bases b

No, a press release from Birdies is coming.

It said press release. I wasn’t sure if it could be KP press release or just a company press release. It’s unlikely, but we don’t know about impossible until the time come see or if it doesn’t come before the wedding. Just covering all the bases b

If it is a 'press release' it certainly wouldn't be from the palace, therefore not anything to do with Meghan/Harry or anyone associated with the wedding.

KP isn't about to announce who is designing her bridal bedroom slippers.

Again all the article says is the designer is sending her slippers. It doesn't suggest that Meghan ordered any.

Most definitely, in the lead up to William and Kate's wedding, there were a lot of designers and manufacturers jumping on the bandwagon and "releasing" information that their wares were available. Not only related to the wedding itself but for the general public to buy and commemorate the big day.

"Lie back and think of England" was the motto of Crown Jewels Heritage Condoms as they peddled their wares. A British brewery released a specialty beer called the "Windsor Knot". A company in China made mugs available with the bride and groom on them but actually got it wrong. It was Kate and Harry on the mugs. I'm sure that companies poured their specialties as gifts to the bride and groom too and that's what I believe these slippers were.

If I'm remembering right, we were guessing in a thread of what flowers Kate would use with Sweet Williams being a top guess. Little details like that were kept until the wedding day. If KP announces something too, it would have been posted in the Official Pre-Wedding information.

I have to think and sympathize for the Royal Post Office that has to handle all the incoming things. Its got to be a busy time for them. :D

So a slipper designer in is sending Meghan slippers, then makes a big announcement about sending Meghan these slippers. It could be, that even the slippers get sent back, there's no indication, that Meghan asked them to send these slippers.

:previous: Exactly who ever sorts the mail will be needing major over time pay and maybe a holiday as well.

Not just from fans wanting to send gifts and such. But designers and businesses wanting to send things. Like slippers.

A company made designer bathrobes for William and Kate as a wedding gift to the couple. Don't know if ever leaked at the time, but was talked about in 2016.

Princess Kate's Bathrobe Revealed! | PEOPLE.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom