General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a Markle Maple Meet up .. a little Boxing Day picnic.
Would a private introduction to Meghan's side of the family be unreasonable for Archie?
Hopefully, we'll never know.

Why? The Markle/family thread has been long closed on here, but the only reason we are even discussing the markles here, is because they sold every single tidbit they knew about Meghan to the tabloids. Added, that none of them except Mr Markle, was in any contact with Meghan for decade/s before she even met Harry. Why would she introduce her son to people who weren't in her life for over 10 years, hate her, and would sell the meeting to the tabloids?

Last edited:
Sorry, Cocoasneeze. I didn't realize the topic was taboo.
I certainly didn't mean to cause distress.

Seems a silly question but here we are : why not offer the role of Governor General of Canada to Harry ?
Guess it's a win win situation for everyone ...

They are enjoying sharing the warmth of the Canadian people...

meaning: unlike the Brits, who are stiff upper lip and don't know about warmth and don't give them their undivided admiration.

Why would you have your spokesperson say something like that?

For all I care, they can stay wherever they perceive people have warmth and live there a quiet life as Mr & Mr. Sussex.

meaning: unlike the Brits, who are stiff upper lip and don't know about warmth and don't give them their undivided admiration.

For all I care, they can stay wherever they perceive people have warmth and live there a quiet life as Mr & Mr. Sussex.

Why is saying something nice about the people of a specific country an automatic slight or negative about other people? It could simply mean that the people of Canada have been warm, welcoming and kind to them...keeping their privacy etc. and absolutely nothing to do with people else where.

People suspected the Sussexes were in Canada at the time of US Thanksgiving from a Maple Leaf emoji Meghan used in a message.

They may or may not have been in Canada but it had nothing to do with with the maple leaf emoji.... the maple leaf along with Turkey etc is a common symbol of Thanksgiving in the US and comes up automatically as an option when you type Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
Seems a silly question but here we are : why not offer the role of Governor General of Canada to Harry ?
As far as I know, in the latter part of the twentieth century those position started being granted to the citizens of the respective nations and are no longer given to members of the BRF.

why not offer the role of Governor General of Canada to Harry ?

The days when Queen-Empresses could dish out Governor-Generalship's to relatives are long gone..

So complimenting Canadians is insulting Brits? Fascinating. :cool:

So complimenting Canadians is insulting Brits? Fascinating. :cool:

Apparently.

That assertion is silly considering the countries are intertwined with the commonwealth.

It does explain the mindset that has caused them so many supposedly own goals. We must now all embrace the new Sussex language.

Canadians are warm = the Brits are not.

Virgin Air was great = British Air is the pits.

Meghan's Canadian ensemble looked fantastic = British fashion is rubbish.

It's a bit of a mental mind freak but, if you just read the DM at al, it will become second nature and get you bonus points for writing it unasked.

It does explain the mindset that has caused them so many supposedly own goals. We must now all embrace the new Sussex language.

Canadians are warm = the Brits are not.

Virgin Air was great = British Air is the pits.

Meghan's Canadian ensemble looked fantastic = British fashion is rubbish.

It's a bit of a mental mind freak but, if you just read the DM at al, it will become second nature and get you bonus points for writing it unasked.

Quite thought provoking indeed even though the act of thinking is not something I normally associate with reading what fellow TRF members delightfully call the Daily Fail!:lol: I do know that the Canadian government is delighted by the free publicity provided by the Sussex sojourn and that a Governor Generalship has been discussed in Ottawa https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/c...he-monarchy-make-prince-harry-canadas-next-gg

No. They're enjoying sharing the warmth of Canadian people means exactly that. There's no double meaning. Brits weren't mentioned at all. To me drawing these illogical conclusions looks like fishing for a reason to be upset at Sussexes, and when there's no reason, then one will be made up. Jmho.

I think their break is the perfect medicine for them. I realise there are things they are still working on as neither is known for lying on the couch being fed grapes.

I thought Harry's video at Scottie's little Soldiers showed the well-rested, clear-eyed Harry that we all know and love. He looked positively joyful and I hope Meghan is as refreshed as he seems as it bodes well for 2020. [emoji1]

I think their break is the perfect medicine for them. I realise there are things they are still working on as neither is known for lying on the couch being fed grapes.

I have to agree with you. Time out always helps rest the mind, and potentially regain the perspective that may get lost during the course of a year.

Lets hope when he returns, Harry takes comfort and pride in his royal duties, and feels able to redevelop a relationship with the press.

When is the Sussex Christmas card coming out?

I think they go in order, so the Sussexes have to wait for the Cambridges to put the Christmas Card out. In the same breath I was surprised that Clarence House put theirs out before the Buckingham Palace.
Buckingham has not put their out either.

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

I think they go in order, so the Sussexes have to wait for the Cambridges to put the Christmas Card out. In the same breath I was surprised that Clarence House put theirs out before the Buckingham Palace.
Buckingham has not put their out either.

I’m sorry, what? There’s nothing to suggest this is in any way true.

In 2018, they were all released on the same day. There was no card from Buckingham Palace last year either.

Last edited:
I’m sorry, what? There’s nothing to suggest this is in any way true.

In 2018, they were all released on the same day. There was no card from Buckingham Palace last year either.

They may have been released on the same day, but the Cambridges go before the Sussexes; I have noticed this even with regards to Birthday wishes and Anniversary wishes.

I may be wrong, but I believe that as soon as the Cambridges officially release their card, the Sussexes card will be released.

Last edited:
I don't think that an eight month old would have anything to say to Grandpa and Aunt Markle that would be worth repeating to the press.
A picnic could be arranged under surveillance - in full knowledge of Markles' loose lips.

It's unlikely, yes. We will never know.

Quite a naive mindset. The Markles would call the press so there would be pictures. Any pictures they took on their cell phones would be sold to the press. They will go on talk shows to discuss what the baby wore, did, ate, how many times his diaper was changed, what Harry did and or said, what Meghan did and or said. They would make predictions about their marriage, claiming there seemed to be tension.....and it will go on and on for weeks.

I truly think we can relegate any musings on the Markle family to the "ghosts of tabloids past" file. They've been out of the picture for a long time now and have gone back under the rock they emerged from and have no bearing whatsoever on anything to do with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Archie.

If, and if its a *big* if, any visits were contrived with Meghan's dad's side of the family, it would be done in such a manner to ensure privacy and respect for that privacy. Not a probable thing but its their private lives and none of our business.

That said, I'm hoping they're having a wonderful time during this break from the public eye. 2020 is around the corner and I'm looking forward to all of it royal wise. ?

They may have been released on the same day, but the Cambridges go before the Sussexes; I have noticed this even with regards to Birthday wishes and Anniversary wishes.

I may be wrong, but I believe that as soon as the Cambridges officially release their card, the Sussexes card will be released.

Considering the C&C Christmas card is out, the Cambridge’s card came out either accidentally etc I don’t see us getting a Christmas card from the Sussexes with 3 days to go.

If anything, I imagine that it would be a holiday greeting and perhaps a photo on the Sussex Instagram account on Christmas Day. Any cards they've sent out will probably remain private.

Members of the Royal Family have been Governor Generals of Canada in the past ( the Duke of Connaught specifically), but , since the 1950s, there has been a convention that the GG is always a Canadian citizen, albeit not necessarily burn in Canada ( see e.g. Adrienne Clarkson, who was born in Hong Kong, and Michaëlle Jean, who was born in Haiti).

Having a Canadian GG is of utmost importance given that the main argument of the republican movement both in Canada and in Australia is that a republic is needed to have a Canadian/Australian Head of State. The argument doesn’t have a lot of traction, at least in Canada, because , for all intents and purposes, the GG replaces the Queen as acting Head of State and, as long as he/ she is Canadian, the public is OK with it.

Last edited:
The Sussex Christmas Card has been shared by the Queen's Commonwealth Trust:

The Queen's Commonwealth Trust @queenscomtrust

Just sharing the sweetest Christmas Card from our President and Vice-President, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Very Merry Christmas, everyone!

What a darling picture! The family sitting beside the Christmas tree and Archie crawling towards the camera to explore. Always a fun stage as a parent, in my opinion - seeing their curios little minds at work.
(And Archie really is the perfect bland of his parents. :)

Last edited:
Oh what a treat! Archie is sooo big now.

Yes! I was wondering when the Sussex Xmas card would make an appearance. And here we have a photo of the proud parents in the background and inquisitive baby Archie front and centre. Lovely! I expected one of their charities to release the greeting card actually rather than SussexRoyal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom