The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 01:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Three times, no? Two trips to different charities, and the airport pick up?

Personally, I'm not counting the 6 weeks "they were on a break". For me we've seen her 3 times since she went back to Canada last week.

My thoughts exactly.

What we see now is more indicative of whatís ahead imo.

Old 01-17-2020, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

A number of comments have been moved to the ‘Duke and Duchess of Sussex Step Down' thread.

Old 01-17-2020, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think that is right, I just do not believe she wants to be away from the media.
Of course not,she only wants to be around a media she believes can be controlled, preferably by the couple. A media that will praise what the global activist and campaigner HRH The Duchess of Sussex will do or say. The fair press she was asking for in her tearful interview. That will accept that when you are private and only Show up when you need them to write a nice story. We'll see if such press can be found in North America.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGlendower View Post
She knew she would get press coverage picking up someone at the airport. She's from LA--she knows the paps and that they cover the airports. Not odd at all that friends would visit her in her borrowed digs, but she'll make sure she's seen.

Looking forward to the next "accidental" sighting.
Add to that, since Harry is still in the UK the paps are going to be sure to stake out the airports so he can't sneak back to Canada.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Personally, I'm not counting the 6 weeks "they were on a break". For me we've seen her 3 times since she went back to Canada last week.
She knows how to stay 'under the radar' so she's obviously happy to be photographed at the airport, knowing it would hit the tabloids, which says to me that she's courting publicity for herself & not just for 'good causes'. I'm a supporter of Meghan's potential to be a force for good & also very sympathetic about her treatment by some of the UK press but she won't do herself any favours with the UK public if she's perceived to be directing & starring in 'The Meghan Show'.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

No, twice. The paparazzi only captured her twice so far. The organizations released those pictures. Not quite the same thing.

Also Meghan never said she had issues with being photographed. According to the press pack she was one of the few royals who always actually acknowledged them. They are well aware they will be photographed.

So again the fact she only been spotted twice with so much international press all over that place... itís pretty impressive.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
No, twice. The paparazzi only captured her twice so far. The organizations released those pictures. Not quite the same thing.

Also Meghan never said she had issues with being photographed. According to the press pack she was one of the few royals who always actually acknowledged them. They are well aware they will be photographed.

So again the fact she only been spotted twice with so much international press all over that place... it’s pretty impressive.
We'll have to agree to disagree, from my point of view we've seen her 4 times thanks to your reminder.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

There is a difference between private visits that the charities released photos (which happens with royals every day) and being caught in public. She has been caught in public twice, the seaplane and now picking up Heather.

And yes going six weeks without the paps getting a photo is big. The paps were anxious to know where they were and get photos.

It's BS the paps don't take photos on their down time. We get photos of them at polo, shopping and such. If there isn't a photo in an article it's because whoever spotted the Royal didn't take a photo or sell it.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There is a difference between private visits that the charities released photos (which happens with royals every day)
As I said above, I agree to disagree with how many times she's been seen.

I also don't know of any private visits where the charity has released pictures of the visiting royal afterwards, and it not count as an engagement. Perhaps with Eugenie and Beatrice, but photographs were normally released by their own personal social media accounts. Neither of the visits Meghan has done were on behalf of the royal family, so to me it's not what happens with royals everyday.
Old 01-19-2020, 04:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Henry was seen with Mark Dyer at The Ivy in Chelsea this evening;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/107748...he-ivy-megxit/
Old 01-19-2020, 04:45 PM
Majesty

so now we know one of archie's godparents! mark dyer, along with tiggy legge bourke. apparently charlie van straubenzee is also a godparent and that was published some months ago, according to this article: https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/19/archi...nies-12083889/

Quote:
Harry and William’s former nanny, Tiggy Pettifer, and Mark Dyer, the boys’ minder, were reportedly asked to be godmother and godfather to the newborn ahead of his christening last July. Their identities, revealed in The Sunday Times, had been kept tightly under wraps. Harry’s friend Charlie van Straubenzee was the only known godparent to Archie, who has stayed in Canada with his parents since November.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/19/archi...9/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
Old 01-19-2020, 06:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
As I said above, I agree to disagree with how many times she's been seen.

I also don't know of any private visits where the charity has released pictures of the visiting royal afterwards, and it not count as an engagement. Perhaps with Eugenie and Beatrice, but photographs were normally released by their own personal social media accounts. Neither of the visits Meghan has done were on behalf of the royal family, so to me it's not what happens with royals everyday.
There have been photos of Meghan at private visits when she was still in the UK which got released by someone there. Same goes for Kate and the husbands. That is how we usually learn about these so called private visits, someone at the location gives information. And at times photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
so now we know one of archie's godparents! mark dyer, along with tiggy legge bourke. apparently charlie van straubenzee is also a godparent and that was published some months ago, according to this article: https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/19/archi...nies-12083889/
No confirmation, just more speculation. Charlie was never confirmed. Just rumors been around for months.

He had dinner with mark. Nothing shocking there. Doesn't mean he us godfather. May very well be but not confirmation.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Several posts that referred to Prince Harry in a disparaging way have been deleted. I realize that this is a touchy subject and people are hurt, angry and disappointed.

Nonetheless, please remember the following TRF rule that WE ALL agreed to abide by when we joined:
  • Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

If you have any questions, please contact a member of the TRF moderating team.

Zonk
TRF Administrator

Old 01-20-2020, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Sussex has been photographed out in Canada with her son Archie.

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/sta...555386368?s=21
Old 01-20-2020, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It looks like the paparazzi photoshoots will increase given the massive coverage of the Canadian move. I hope I'm wrong.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-20-2020, 05:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

I hate the headline...not avoiding cameras

What does one expect her to do, hide away in the house she never leave heaven forbid she take her son and dog for a walk.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I hate the headline...not avoiding cameras

What does one expect her to do, hide away in the house she never leave heaven forbid she take her son and dog for a walk.
I'm already rolling my eyes at the 'she calls the paps' nonsense. They know they are going to get pics taken, that was never the issue, they never said anything about expecting the media to never look at them or talk about them or take pics of them.

We know even in the middle of nowhere (poor Kate) those long lenses can get pics of you.

It is interesting that The Sun posted it...one of the tabloids being sued right? I wonder if it was a pap or a private person (cell phone pic) that took the pic.

LaRae
Old 01-20-2020, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It looks like the paparazzi photoshoots will increase given the massive coverage of the Canadian move. I hope I'm wrong.

I’m with you. Unfortunately I don’t think they’ll be left alone and we’ll be seeing more pap photos in the years come. Especially if Meghan and Harry spend time in Los Angeles where the paps are all over the place.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:07 PM
Courtier

I can’t speak for Canada, but paparazzi in America are brutal, notorious...Real newspapers won’t cover them as in the UK, but tabloids will, and they’re shameless. Didn’t the U.K. media essentially agree not to cover William and Harry? That would never happen here in America. I remember Chelsea Clinton being mocked for being awkwardly preteen -
Old 01-20-2020, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post

I can’t speak for Canada, but paparazzi in America are brutal, notorious...Real newspapers won’t cover them as in the UK, but tabloids will, and they’re shameless. Didn’t the U.K. media essentially agree not to cover William and Harry? That would never happen here in America. I remember Chelsea Clinton being mocked for being awkwardly preteen -
THey only did so in the wake of Diana's death, when they were shamed into it.. they agreed to leave Wil and Harry alone while they were at school/college.. and by and large did so.

Closed Thread

Tags
archie mountbatten-windsor, duchess of sussex, duke of sussex, meghan markle, prince harry