General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe where you live, but in America it has a good connotation - it’s a good thing to be shrewd.

I really think it depends on which part of America you're referencing. Yes, shrewd can be a positive attribute. However, it can also have pretty negative connotations. Honestly, shrewdness in someone climbing the corporate ladder could be seen as a good thing. But, when I see the word shrewd, my first reaction is that the person must be calculating, self-important, and a real b****. I guess it's sort of along the same lines as describing someone as "tough and no-nonsense." Yes, in some areas those could be seen as positive attributes but in a lot of areas they're seen as more polite ways to describe someone who really needs to come down off their high horse and realize that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Yeah I am also curious what is so "obvious" that Meghan wants back into acting. We haven't seen this woman doing anything to indicated such a thing. Unless I missed something? Please correct me if I am wrong.

I took Harry’s pitch at The Lion King premiere as a BIG indication. One can say, “oh, but that was for a voice over” part. Harry said on the video, “she’s really interested”. He would know. With that, I do believe her agent/husband can open doors....

Last edited:
I really think it depends on which part of America you're referencing. Yes, shrewd can be a positive attribute. However, it can also have pretty negative connotations. Honestly, shrewdness in someone climbing the corporate ladder could be seen as a good thing. But, when I see the word shrewd, my first reaction is that the person must be calculating, self-important, and a real b****. I guess it's sort of along the same lines as describing someone as "tough and no-nonsense." Yes, in some areas those could be seen as positive attributes but in a lot of areas they're seen as more polite ways to describe someone who really needs to come down off their high horse and realize that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Hmm, I don't think that way of the word...I think of the person as smart and clever. I DO think a lot depends on context......what an interesting word!

Hmm, I don't think that way of the word...I think of the person as smart and clever. I DO think a lot depends on context......what an interesting word!

It sure is an interesting word....most people I think of when applying that word usually has a personal gain for them, sometimes good/sometimes seedy.

I took Harry’s pitch at The Lion King premier as a BIG indication. One can say, “oh, but that was for a voice over” part. Harry said on the video, “she’s really interested”. He would know. With that, I do believe her agent/husband can open doors....

Bob Iger spoke on a red carpet about said video and said the conversation was about a project they were doing. I would guess it’s the voiceover for Elephants. I think they would know over us trying to figure out gossip. So I agree with you that her husband and the CEO would know.

It sure is an interesting word....most people I think of when applying that word usually has a personal gain for them, sometimes good/sometimes seedy.

I found this bit:

The word shrewd is from a Middle English adjective formed from the noun schrewe "an evil person, a villain." This Middle English noun is an earlier form of our modern English word shrew. So shrewd and shrew are related to each other. Shrewd doesn't usually have a disapproving or negative tone, but shrew certainly does

I just think it’s the way people interpret it. In doing my research, there was some discussion comparing “shrewd” and “cunning”. Shrewd is the positive version of cunning, I think, as people with these qualities are considered sharp and clever, but someone who is cunning is thought to be devious as well.

A word used to describe a man often is viewed in a more positive light than when used to describe a woman.

Well, I’m glad HM and Harry met, and of course she was going to keep the door open. I’m also glad that, while loving, she made it clear why she wouldn’t let them use “Royal”. Everyone in his family loves and misses Harry - he needs to know that even if he’s feeling upset at them. I’m glad, even if Archie doesn’t come, that the family will get to spend some time together.

“However she also wanted to make it clear that the arrangement can only work if they do not exploit their royal status and try to ‘cash in’ — that’s why she wouldn’t let them use the word ‘royal’ for their foundation.

“The Queen is protecting the institution and she is also aware of the cost of security.

“That is something that still needs to be resolved. But Harry is also a much-loved grandson who she has always doted on.

“She made it very clear to him that he and Meghan are always able to come back if they change their minds and she will welcome them with open arms.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11084355/queen-prince-harry-megxit-welcome-back-heart-to-heart/

I hope Archie hasn't been left in Canada so that he can see his grandparents. They haven't seen much of him at all since he was born as far as the public are aware.

I hope Archie hasn't been left in Canada so that he can see his grandparents. They haven't seen much of him at all since he was born as far as the public are aware.
Didn’t Archie’s grandmother spend the Christmas holidays w/ him? Charles, of course, is very busy, William has described him as being very good with his grandchildren but not around as much as William would like because Charles is such a workaholic.
I’m sure Archie’s great grandparents, QEII & Prince Phillip, will miss seeing how much he’s grown since they last saw him - if Archie doesn’t join his parents in the U.K..

It was further reported online that Harry has been staying at Frogmore since he arrived to complete his duties and that he was seen walking over to the Castle to have tea with his Grandmother and it was the first opportunity for them to have a private conversation between just the two of them in months. It was reported that the meeting went really well and Harry seemed happy as he returned home.

As an aside, I thought that if they did not bring Archie it would indicate a complete breakdown between the Sussexes and the rest of the family. However, IMO they would be mad to expose him to the possibility of infection. A 3yo child was reported to have contracted it within a self-isolating family.

Exposing Archie on two trans-atlantic flights when there are so many unknowns would be foolish as we have yet to even discover how the Covid-19 is transmitted let alone when and how long a person is contagious when they are infected but asymptomatic. This may well be an excellent reason to fly private since it seems the virus may be with us for at least eighteen months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry and Meghan have been spotted leaving the Goring Hotel this afternoon.

I'm not 100% sure which thread this should be in so if this is the wrong one, my apologies and please move it to the correct one. Anyway, with Harry and Meghan being photographed leaving the Goring Hotel in London this afternoon, this really drills home, for me at least, why it seems a bit strange to continue their lease on Frogmore.

It makes total sense to me that they would stay at the Goring or another London hotel because their engagements are in London and Frogmore is around an hour away on a good day with decent traffic.

Back to my point about Frogmore, though, the few events they might possibly be returning for at different points in the year all generally center around London. It would seem far more cost effective and reasonable to just stay at the Goring or another London hotel for those short periods. I suppose this might be a part of the one year review period but I have to admit that I'd be very surprised if they continue a lease on Frogmore for much longer.

General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 -

The new pictures, exclusive from The Sun, of Henry and Meghan leaving The Goring.

Not sure what’s wrong with their taxpayer renovated home? Has Henry been at the hotel since he got back?

Last edited:
My guess is that Meghan arrived late last night or early this morning. Why go all the way to Winsdor when they clearly already out and about early? Just more convenient it seems for the day. They here until Monday (maybe Tuesday) so they probably head home after the event tonight or tomorrow.

Or they were there for business? We really don't have a clue but I am sure we will learn soon enough.

As for keeping Frogmore? Why not. We have no idea their plans and not all their trips back to the UK might even be in London or the public even knowing. As long as it works for them then whatever. They paying for it. They can do as they like.

Last edited:
My guess is that Meghan arrived late last night or early this morning. Why go all the way to Winsdor when they clearly already out and about early? Just more convenient it seems for the day. They here until Monday (maybe Tuesday) so they probably head home after the event tonight or tomorrow.

All the way to Windsor? It’s a shorter journey from Heathrow to Frogmore than it is from Heathrow to The Goring. Wouldn’t you want the comforts of your home after being away for so long?

. They paying for it. They can do as they like.

I have no issue with them keeping Frogmore, but on the balance of probability they aren’t paying for it really. Charles is.

all the way to Winsdor

Windsor is about ten minutes drive from Heathrow...

Wouldn’t you want the comforts of your home after being away for so long?

I'd be staggered is she regarded it as 'home'..

Last edited:
Is Frogmore closed up? Whilst I'm sure some of the household staff could have put the heating on, given the place the once-over and nipped to the supermarket to get some food and toiletries in :) , maybe it didn't seem worth opening it up just for a few days.

All the way to Windsor? It’s a shorter journey from Heathrow to Frogmore than it is from Heathrow to The Goring. Wouldn’t you want the comforts of your home after being away for so long?

I have no issue with them keeping Frogmore, but on the balance of probability they aren’t paying for it really. Charles is.

Or maybe they were home? We really have zero clue other than they were pictures leaving. Though it seems they left in different vehicles so maybe they were there for lunch after private engagements? But I am sure the Sun will have the exclusive soon enough.

Charles. Sussexes. It isn't the tax payers so really why does it matter?

ETA: As I was typing it ITV's Chris Ship stated Harry and Meghan were there for a "private lunch" and Rebecca English says the same and added they are staying at Frogmore Cottage.

Last edited:
Attacking fellow posters -directly or indirectly- for having an opinion is not allowed. Posts have been deleted.

Further attacks will lead to a Time Out. You can read more about that here.

Last edited:
Who’s going to take care of Frogmore when Harry and Meghan aren’t there, which will be most of the time?

Anyway, I’m glad Harry and HM cleared the air; it would be nice if he and Charles could.

My sister used to live in Windsor, so l know the time and distances well enough...

My sister used to live in Windsor, so l know the time and distances well enough...

Fair enough but I find the only thing ten minutes from Heathrow is the tunnel exit. And that is not even if they went to T5. But then then the only thing half an hour away in central London is the next street.

Apparently, according to reporters, Harry and Meghan were at BP that morning. They then went over for lunch at the Goring. Harry also apparently was at a reception for Invictus Games in the late afternoon. Meghan seemed to have held a private engagement too but the palace stated they not giving details of their private calendar.

Makes sense. I never thought either would come back for just the scheduled events. I’d have been shocked if Meghan didn’t visit her patronages. We may get some information on the private visits as often pictured and such get leaked or released later down the line.

Even if not living there much any more they Both have friends in the UK as well as Harry’s family. I am sure they will enjoy connecting with them. I wonder who they may be having lunch with. But glad they had enough privacy we don’t know.

I wonder if they or he had a meeting or lunch with The Queen while at BP yesterday morning (Harry was seen leaving, pics taken).

LaRae

The discussion about renovations to Frogmore Cottage (and who paid) has been deleted. If you wish to discuss Frogmore, please do so here.

Last edited:
This makes me happy....

"Charles, in particular, felt that the work and causes Harry and Meghan were embarking on could be really served by remaining within the Royal household. But like any loving father, now Harry has made his decision Charles is keen to support him.

"Since Harry came back he has seen his father and they have discussed what Harry wants to do in the future. Harry hugely respects his father’s opinion and has welcomed the advice he has given him."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11118770/prince-harry-rock-solid-relationship-charles/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom