General News about the Sussex Family, Part One: May 2019 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree they did allow it and caused untold grief, you think they would all have learnt. I am not being a hypocrite, I think it is wrong for any of them to encourage their friends to speak out. I am not picking out the Sussex friends in particular . Once again what could become an interesting exchange of views just turns into something else.

I suspect that for most of the royals, the very closest friends are discreet, and minus something along the lines of the War of the Wales, we're unlikely to ever hear from them. I always assume that the people who are interested in giving interviews and having their names appear in media linked to a member of the royal family are much less likely to be actual close friends and more likely to be situational friends or acquaintances.

I suspect that for most of the royals, the very closest friends are discreet, and minus something along the lines of the War of the Wales, we're unlikely to ever hear from them. I always assume that the people who are interested in giving interviews and having their names appear in media linked to a member of the royal family are much less likely to be actual close friends and more likely to be situational friends or acquaintances.

I totally agree

I honestly don't believe we can correctly identify the levels of different friendships that any royal has because, frankly, we don't know these people and hence, do not know the dynamics of their relationships. We like to think we do though just like we like to think we know what royals get along with each other like a house on fire or have a "feud" going. Anything really outside of the scope of a royal's public roles, we're all seeing things with different eyeballs and those eyeballs all see something different. Even with the coverage of public duties and engagements we see different things too and hear different things depending on where one goes for their sources.

It has been made public though that within the dynamics of relationships with the "Wales boys", there is a "circle of trust" and they've concocted different methods to "test" said trust. We just have no idea when they activate a "test" or not but with that in the back of our minds, we can easily jump to conclusions that are just speculations.

The private lives of Harry and Meghan and what they do or don't do is something I like reading the various takes on but I'm not going to form an opinion either way because I just don't know all the facts and the ins and outs of what Harry or Meghan really think, feel or decide to do.

So, with this in mind, I don't see anybody being right or anybody being wrong. I see posts that express different perspectives on things and its amazing how different we all can be at times.

So... keep calm and carry on. You all are very interesting people and I enjoy reading your posts. :D

I agree they did allow it and caused untold grief, you think they would all have learnt. I am not being a hypocrite, I think it is wrong for any of them to encourage their friends to speak out. I am not picking out the Sussex friends in particular . Once again what could become an interesting exchange of views just turns into something else.

Don't engage

I totally agree

Very good point. A lot of friends who speak out do so in away that it could be denied they even spoke at all.

Last edited:
I remember we didn't see much of Louis at all his first months. I think it was his birth and then the Christening and then we didn't see him again until Charles' 70th pictures. So many months had passed. So when I see people talk about how Harry and Meghan keep Archie away, I just laugh.

As for their friends talking? Many of Meghan's friends are industry people who have their own public profiles. Is anyone surprised that Serena will be asked about Meghan coming to see her? No. Did she say anything groundbreaking? No. "She is a dear friend and I am grateful she came to support me." Hardly scandalous speak there.

Besides which, Meghan was an actress and knew other people in the business. People tend to keep up with others in the same profession. She would hardly be likely to hang with a lot of librarians, chefs or construction workers instead, would she?

If your suggestion is correct that people keep up with people in the same profession, I would think that she spent quite some time with chefs when she dated (and lived with) chef Cory Vitiello ;)

Yes, I believe she did. I read that she met many colleagues of Cory's at that time and people who had cookery shows on TV. Meghan is quite a foodie herself. However acting was her profession since university.

While we naturally spend a lot of time with people who work in our field, I dont know any one who limits their friendship pool to that. Maybe some do.

Certainly considering 15 years in show business, its natural she have many friends either in it, or related like Jessica who is a stylist. Or people like Serena who she met through her job even if Serena herself isnt in show business.

Meghan certainly has friends who are not. Markus Anderson, Benita Litt, Genevieve Hillis to name a few. Lindsay Roth is in show business but Meghan met her during her college days.

As for being a foodie, as well as seeing the odd Hallmark movie (the fireworks one was on all summer) Meghan has been a judge on Chopped Junior a few times. Seen the episodes lately.

I remember we didn't see much of Louis at all his first months. I think it was his birth and then the Christening and then we didn't see him again until Charles' 70th pictures. So many months had passed. So when I see people talk about how Harry and Meghan keep Archie away, I just laugh.

As for their friends talking? Many of Meghan's friends are industry people who have their own public profiles. Is anyone surprised that Serena will be asked about Meghan coming to see her? No. Did she say anything groundbreaking? No. "She is a dear friend and I am grateful she came to support me." Hardly scandalous speak there.

I don't get the sense that quite a lot of the American celebrities that you hear about Meghan interacting with now (Oprah, Ellen, Clooney etc, but not including Serena Williams who genuinely appears to be a friend from a few years ago) were friends of Meghan from before her time with Harry. These are all new relationships, IMO. Any comments should really be made in that context.

I don't get the sense that quite a lot of the American celebrities that you hear about Meghan interacting with now (Oprah, Ellen, Clooney etc, but not including Serena Williams who genuinely appears to be a friend from a few years ago) were friends of Meghan from before her time with Harry. These are all new relationships, IMO. Any comments should really be made in that context.

Actually Meghan met Ellen a few years before she (Meghan) met Harry, at an animal shelter where Ellen convinced Meghan to adopt a dog. Their paths didn't really cross again until they started working together on a specific project (which happens to 'regular' people every day). That being said Ellen has worked more closely and gotten to know both Meghan and Harry more than many of the people writing negative stories about them day in and day out based on third/fourth party words. Thus more qualified to speak on what they are like.

I was more speaking of Jessica, Serena, Daniel, and to an extent Clooneys. I’ve seen many snide comments about her friendships with them. As for Ellen and Oprah? People who are working with them and comment on nastiness they are encountering against them? These people commonly speak out on this kind of behavior toward others, so not sure why it’s surprising they will about individuals they getting to know on a more personal level.

And while he is not American, Elton John also spoke out about the Sussexes. He’s not a friend of Meghan’s originally—he’s a friend of Harry and his family going years back.
Nacho Figueras has also made some public comments and he is Harry’s friend as well.
So it is not just Americans or Meghan’s friends who have felt the need to say something

Please note that, as with other threads specific to individual royals or royal couples, lets not drag other members of the Royal Family into the discussion or make comparisons.

The Royal Forums is not a platform for people to promote one royal/royal couple over another.

Please be reminded that very many royals have friends, acquaintances and associates outside of the the royal world. Indeed it is not a new concept and is a fact. As such, it requires very little debate here and in other threads.

If members must make a specific point, please do so once and then move on.

Now let's get back to the actual topic of the thread.

Meghan’s friend ‘defending’ her in the American media. “I think it’s unjust, and I think that people, you know, should really focus on the good work they do.“

Do Meghan’s or Harry’s friends for that matter realise the Sussexes are basically civil servants. They’re not supposed to be celebrities. Open to both positive and negative comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meghan’s friend ‘defending’ her in the American media. “I think it’s unjust, and I think that people, you know, should really focus on the good work they do.“

Do Meghan’s or Harry’s friends for that matter realise the Sussexes are basically civil servants. They’re not supposed to be celebrities. Open to both positive and negative comment.

Misha was asked a question by a UK correspondent on a US Network. She didn't bring it up. He did and started by saying that he didn't care for the coverage himself. He has had debates with the likes of Palmer and Jobson, so plenty evidence of that. She answered honestly. I have zero issue with it.

All public figures are subjected to positive and negative commentary but I think even you can admit accusing Meghan of causing drought and murder due to her liking avocados is a bit extreme...

...And personally I have no issue with Meghan's friends or acquaintances calling out what they see as unfair and dishonest coverage, at times.

What a beautiful message, full of love and admiration. Just lovely! And I hope Harry got a good night's sleep before his birthday, as well.

Happy Birthday to Prince Harry from his wife:

"“Your service to the causes you care so deeply for inspires me every day. You are the best husband and most amazing dad to our son. We love you ❤️Happiest birthday!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2bDdAMlxgY/

What a touching tribute from Meghan on Harry’s Birthday. Everything she said is true and that unpublished picture from Archie’s christening is beautiful.

It’s a nice collage and the couple obviously like the black and white ‘artsy’ pics but it would be nice to get a couple just regular full on colour photos of Archie and family.

Lovely message and picture. Happy Birthday, Harry!

Lovely birthday tribute to Harry from his wife :flowers:

I love the sweet new photo from Archie's baptism.

What a lovely collage of photos and a nice new private one of the Sussex family was released for Harry's birthday, and a lovely message from Meghan to him as well!

I absolutely love the new photo of baby Sussex on his christening day. He looks very much like Harry as a baby!?

I noticed too that the Instagram message was perhaps very carefully worded by Meghan. As it is their account for where they announce and talk about their various incentives and their public roles, Meghan not only made her birthday wishes to her husband very loving and personal but she also emphasized how much Harry inspires her with his passion for the work that he does.

Perhaps I'm the odd one out but I love the black and white photos that this couple seem to favor. There's just something about them with being black and white rather than color that makes them seem like they're precious moments that are frozen in time for them. The engagement photo, the wedding photo, the reception photo watching fireworks and now the family are all memorable times of their lives together that have been memorialized this way.

The picture of Archie for Harry's birthday shout out is adorable.

I have to admit I love the black and white photos as they reveal details that are not obvious in colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom