Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, come on! This is Harry and Meghan! They do everything bigger and better than any other royal couple! Why are we thinking small-ball with TWINS? They will, in one try, have as many kids as the Cambridges currently have. She's expecting TRIPLETS! Two boys and one girl! ;):lol::ohmy:?:whistling:

Oh, come on! This is Harry and Meghan! They do everything bigger and better than any other royal couple! Why are we thinking small-ball with TWINS? They will, in one try, have as many kids as the Cambridges currently have. She's expecting TRIPLETS! Two boys and one girl! ;):lol::ohmy:?:whistling:

Amd if we're thinking big, they might as well go all out in referencing their mothers, so i predict these triplets' names wiil be:
Diana Doria
Francis Loyce
and Spencer
?

Last edited:
With next pregnancy there may be twins, why not?

Sarcasm aside - There were always people predicting Kate having twins with all her pregnancies.

They could decide to have more and include all four of them. And it doesn't even have to be equal in numbers of men and women. But I don't think Jessica will be left off. The Mulroneys have been trusted from very early on and have stood by Meghan despite harassment.

Jessica is Jewish

Jessica is Jewish

Hmm, I had forgotten about. But indeed. She didn’t convert when she married Ben. They had a joint Roman Catholic and Jewish ceremony at St. Patrick’s Basilica in Montreal.

Also with moving to Frogmore Cottage they could go with Victoria or Albert for a name. They seem to like symmetry in their relationship. From weekend picnics, to the engagement photos to the wedding reception, to moving there, naming the 1st child after Queen Victoria or Prince Albert would bring it full circle for them.

I do really like Shane for a name too!

Shane Sussex has a nice ring to it. ? But I'm thinking their first child may be a girl. I think Harry will be over-the-moon if it's a girl. But we shall see. I think it's more exciting not knowing the baby's gender beforehand.

Victoria is a fine name I agree. I'm not partial to Albert for a first name. I think Albert is one of Harry's middle names.

I don't know if this has been discussed here yet, but apparently Prince Charles has teased during a recent speech that Harry & Meghan have received unconventional name suggestions during their tour down under. :lol:
https://www.eonline.com/news/990220...arry-and-meghan-markle-s-royal-baby-name-list

With that in mind:

Kylie Frances Jeanette
Shane Albert Charles
Danielle Sophia Doria
Emmaline Rachel Diana

;)

Caden and Madison both make fine, suburban-ish first names.

Well if that is your view, Meghan better watch out! Her husband is named after a known wife beheader! To us these names have some negative historical connotations or connections, but to the royal family they are just "family names" ?

You're right, but I can't help but remember that Harry and Meghan wed on the anniversary of Anne Boleyn's beheading! :ermm:

Then again, they could really go all Hollywood and name their son after a famous actor. Tab(loid) Hunter. I guess that would depend really how pissed Harry and Meghan are at the tabloids at the time. :whistling:

Personally I really hope that Doria's name finds its way to a potential granddaughter's name, although I'd be happy to see Diana's name there too.

Something like, Alexandra Doria Diana Mary. I really like the name Alexandra, and this combination would directly honor the grandmothers, honor Harry's ancestors and indirectly honor the Queen since her middle names are Alexandra Mary.

For a boy, I have no idea. I like David for a first name. Maybe David Charles William? I have no clue how things will be going between Thomas Markle and the Sussexes when this baby arrives so I wouldn't count on Thomas being somewhere in the name.

I voted girl on the gender guess but I am bad at this. With my luck it will be a boy or twins. ;) Don't know enough to make guesses about godparents, but I did see an article claiming the Clooneys are on the list, now maybe that might be right.

I voted girl on the gender guess but I am bad at this. With my luck it will be a boy or twins. ;) Don't know enough to make guesses about godparents, but I did see an article claiming the Clooneys are on the list, now maybe that might be right.

If they are, that will a total shocker for me. I think they will go pretty conservative in their friend base.

Meghan:
Lindsay
Benitta
MAYBE Jessica (the verdict is still out on this one)

Harry:
Charlie Van Straubenzee
Princess Eugenie

Last edited:
Shane Sussex has a nice ring to it. ? But I'm thinking their first child may be a girl. I think Harry will be over-the-moon if it's a girl. But we shall see. I think it's more exciting not knowing the baby's gender beforehand.

Victoria is a fine name I agree. I'm not partial to Albert for a first name. I think Albert is one of Harry's middle names.

If they would pick Victoria; would it be a (likely) possibility that they would announce that should would be called 'Vicky'? Just like Henry is known as Harry?

Imo it would work fine with 'Lady Vicky Mountbatten-Windsor', not so much in Princess Vicky of Sussex...

If they are, that will a total shocker for me. I think they will go pretty conservative in their friend base.

Meghan:
Lindsay
Benitta
MAYBE Jessica (the verdict is still out on this one)

Harry:
Charlie Van Straubenzee
Princess Beatrice

Isn't Harry closer to Eugenie than to Beatrice or is that just my perception?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Harry closer to Eugenie than to Beatrice or is that just my perception?

You are quite right. That is who I meant. I was typing on my way home from work on a cramped NYC subway with a befuddled brain still focused on work.

Great resource to get an idea of popular British names (probably upper class or do working class British people also formally announce in newspapers?): British Baby Names.

Meghan has other close friends that she has known for years and who were also at their wedding, so perhaps one of them could also be chosen for a godparent. During their engagement interview, Harry & Meghan mentioned that they had spent quality time with some of his Spencer relatives, so who knows, perhaps someone like Harry’s cousin, Celia McCorquodale could be a godmother.

Meghan has other close friends that she has known for years and who were also at their wedding, so perhaps one of them could also be chosen for a godparent. During their engagement interview, Harry & Meghan mentioned that they had spent quality time with some of his Spencer relatives, so who knows, perhaps someone like Harry’s cousin, Celia McCorquodale could be a godmother.

Yes, I would say either George or Celia McCorquodale would have a good chance. They both attended Celia’s wedding and Meghan looked quite at ease with the cousins arbor Charlie’s wedding while Harry was at best man duties.

I don’t think they are having twins or at least they wouldn’t say a baby and this lie in the original announce (now that I’ve said this, watch them announce it is twins :lol:).

Speaking of which, I was at the grocery store this evening and saw big headlines that its twins and they are identical. It happened to be right in my line of sight as I put my stuff on the belt so I couldn't miss it. However, just to show how much I believe it, I couldn't tell you which rag it was on. :D

Im vote baby boy

Boy : Philip, Albert, Edward
Girl : Diana, Alice, Louise

Godparent :
Prince William
Jessica Mullroney
Princess Beatrice

Now I'm guessing it will be a girl
Lady Diana Loyce Mountbatten Windsor

Posts discussing Meghan's pregnancy and due date have been moved here.

If Prince Harry and Meghan have a daughter, Georgina could be a middle name. The name originated in Scotland in the 18th century.

:previous: That's a good pick.

Sophia Georgina Frances

Sophia Georgina Jeanette

Sophia Henrietta Diana

Liliana Frances Elizabeth

Today I saw that OKAY magazine declared that Prince Henry and Meghan have chosen George and Amal Clooney to be the godparents of the baby.
I do not know the religion of either George or Amal. But does not one of them have to be Anglican in order to be a godparent?

:previous: Okay is a gossip magazine so I would take what they say with a very firm grain of salt. I highly doubt that they will be chosen to be godparents, as I think the Sussexes would choose closer relatives and friends over the Clooneys first.
But to answer your question; George Clooney was raised as a strict Catholic however recently has identified as more agnostic. Amal comes from a Muslim family. All godparents have to have been welcomed into the church in some way, either via adult baptism, christening or confirmation/communion.

But I think the question is do they all have to be Anglican? Considering it's about 1% of UK population, that's some serious slim picking. :lol:

:previous: The Church of England includes about 26 million people. And then there is the church of Scotland that is a separate identity within the Anglican community. So, it's at least 40% of the population not 1%.

And even if it were a small numbdr, godparents to a christening is a church issue not a state issue. So, the church can of course put the (very sensible) requirement that those with an official role in their church adhere to their rules, such as the requirement to be a baptized christian or, more specific, be a confirmed member of an Anglican church.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom