Princess Marie as Patron of the Tønder Festival

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Princess Marie has agreed to be the patron of the Tønder Festival. Tønder Festival is a folk music festival and starts on August 27.

fyens has the news

It's wonderful to see that Marie is preparing to undertake more Royal duties. :)

That was nice.Is this the first time Marie becomes a Patron?

Seeing her get started with patronages is very favorable. It makes sense to start small, with something where she lives. Very nice. She'll gain confidence as she goes.

Last edited:
Wonderful that she is a patron ! I hope we will see Marie now more and more !

It's wonderful to see that Marie is preparing to undertake more Royal duties. :)
I agree.
Obviouslty, it has been delayed because of Henrik's birth but it's nice to see.

:previous:
How wonderful of Mary. Can't wait for the event. :flowers:

I'm glad to hear this news. We will see Princess more often.

According to the royal house calender, it has been official that Marie will attened the opening of the festivel on August 28, 2009 at 16:00.

No photos yet, but here is an article that talks about the official opening of the Tonder Festival:
kpn.dk - Tønder Festival har sat sine spor
It talks about the musical acts, and says that the sun finally came out just before Princess Marie officially opened the festival. Hopefully, we will see photos very soon.

And here is an article that says Marie is ready for the festival:
http://www.jv.dk/artikel/724599
It says that she will get a private tour of the festival site. She will address a crowd of the festival's volunteers. The princess will also receive a wristband that will allow her to attend all of the events during the festival. The writer of the article states that it is not known whether or not she will attend any of the other events during the rest of the festival.

Last edited:
Last edited:
nice pics! so, is this marie's first official solo engagement? i think she looks relaxed and happy. lovely cardigan!

nice pics! so, is this marie's first official solo engagement? i think she looks relaxed and happy. lovely cardigan!

I don't think that this is her first solo engagement. She gave the speech at the UNESCO event last spring. It is her first event as an official patron, though.

Did she say anything, or was it just an opportunity to show up, get the bracelet on and tour the festival?

:previous: I haven't seen a video of Marie speaking at this event. I'm not sure whether she spoke or not. Here is a video of the princess being introduced as the "protektor" (patron) of the festival during yesterday's opening event:
Tønder Festival

There is a photo of Marie's written greeting in the guest book:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

the Hola magazine said that said saome owrd, i ws wondering if she spoke in Danish? anyones knows?

31-08-2009 Toender: Prince Joachim and Princess Marie
arrive to an after party at the Toender Festival.

Both looked great with that a bit more casual look :)

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

Ashelen, I don't know if she spoke in Danish (or at all) during her visit to the festival. None of the articles have mentioned it, and the video does not show her speaking.

I am glad to see that Marie returned to another event during the festival. Since she is the patron, and the festival lasted for more than one day, I was hoping that she would participate in more than one event. Marie and Joachim both look very relaxed in their casual "Tonder Festival" shirts.

Update-this article says that she was silent during the opening event, but that she was a very popular patron. When Marie attended the dinner at the end of the festival, she received a standing ovation from the guests at the dinner. It sounds like she did interact with the festival's volunteers, but whether she spoke in Danish or not remains a mystery.
http://www.jv.dk/artikel/727692

Last edited:
Ashelen, I don't know if she spoke in Danish (or at all) during her visit to the festival. None of the articles have mentioned it, and the video does not show her speaking.

I am glad to see that Marie returned to another event during the festival. Since she is the patron, and the festival lasted for more than one day, I was hoping that she would participate in more than one event. Marie and Joachim both look very relaxed in their casual "Tonder Festival" shirts.

Update-this article says that she was silent during the opening event, but that she was a very popular patron. When Marie attended the dinner at the end of the festival, she received a standing ovation from the guests at the dinner. It sounds like she did interact with the festival's volunteers, but whether she spoke in Danish or not remains a mystery.
JV.dk - Nyheder fra Tønder - Bredebro - Løgumkloster - Højer - Skærbæk og Nørre-Rangstrup
thank you so much1 she would be interested to know how is her danish improving?

31-08-2009 Toender: Prince Joachim and Princess Marie
arrive to an after party at the Toender Festival.

Both looked great with that a bit more casual look :)

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

Is that written toender festivel on their shirts? its nice to see Joachim with Marie at the party, it must give her great support. They both look dressed quite casual maybe it was a very casual party.

she has a very lovely smile, but in almost every one of these pictures she looks as if her face is frozen in that same smile. No variation. Could just be a nervouse reaction I guess.

Is that written toender festivel on their shirts? its nice to see Joachim with Marie at the party, it must give her great support. They both look dressed quite casual maybe it was a very casual party.

Yes, the logo on their shirts is the same logo for the Tonder Festival. The party that they attended was a very casual party given at the end of the festival as a way to say thank you to the hundreds of volunteers that worked at the festival. The festival itself was a rather casual event. People camp out at the festival, and it seems to be a very laid-back event.

Billed Bladet says that Marie is still studying Danish, and that she didn't hesitate at all to write a greeting in Danish in the official visitor's book at the Tonder Festival:
Billed-Bladet - Se Maries søde hilsen til Tønderfestivalen

The article says that she caught herself making a mistake by forgetting the word "er" which translates to "is" in English, and wrote the word above the line where it belonged. The author says that Marie told the festival organizers to greet her only in Danish; it wasn't necessary to greet her in English.

i suppose she is doing the effort, good for her!

Back
Top Bottom