Lead-Up to Joachim and Marie's Wedding, 24th May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why are frederick and joachim not close any more? what happened then before fred's wedding that made them fall out?

It is all gossip, no one knows for sure (except of course family and possibly close friends) what the situation is between Frederik and Joachim.
I think it would have been rather strange if Joachim was to have Frederik as his bestman again surely he would want it as different to his fisrt as possible, having the boys make this so.

I wonder that kind of a wedding dress Marie will chose and if she will wear a tiara and not mention those who will be attending this special event but we all have to wait until May 24.

For all German wathers:

NDR is going to show the wedding (although not Live ;))

May 24th, 21:45
21:45 Königliche Hochzeit : Prinz Joachim von Dänemark heiratet Marie Cavallier

Weddings are always up-lifting and fun to watch.

So here is a rough translation of the TV2 wedding schedule:

May 22:
The TV 2 Wedding Interview of the Year with a brand new interview with the future bride from their home at Shackenborg to be shown right here on Kongelig.tv2.dk, you will be able to hear Joachim tell of the impending wedding about Denmark's future Princess, and how the story between them began. TV2 has been allowed to come inside their slot whereupon journalist Henny Husum interviews the couple.

May 23:
TV2 royal hosts, Natasja Crone and Jes Dorph-Petersen will be in Mogeltonder, the day before the wedding, doing something... chit chatting for hours I suppose.

May 24:
Wedding Day.

TV2 will broadcast the wedding, the entire day, from Mogeltonder and will be broadcast on Kongelig.tv2.dk (yes, you can watch it online). There will also be many articles, pictures, and videos from the royal wedding. Natasja and Jes will discuss directly from the TV2 studio in Mogeltonder together with royal "experts" Anna Mejhede, TV2 correspondent Ulla Terkelsen, military staff Rolf Christensen, and Annemette Kraukau, and Politikens Royal officer Peter Thygesen, and Jim Lyngvild (again:rolleyes:... why him I have no idea.)

The program begins at 17.00 (5 PM Denmark time). After the wedding there will be a private wedding reception at Schackenborg Slot with commentary and stuff continuing on TV2.

Last edited:
According to the official calendar, on 22nd June there will be an official reception at Tonder Town Hall for Joachim and Marie (perhaps similiar to the reception in Copenhagen Town Hall for M&F, with the whole family present?)
22/05 08H.K.H. Prins Joachim og frk. Marie Cavallier modtages officielt på Tønder Rådhus, kl. 12.30.

On the 18th, there will be a documentary about Marie sent on DR1 at 20:00. The documentary have followed Marie for the past months, her efforts to get to know her new country's culture, history, religion and language. Marie tells about her background, growing up, meeting Joachim (and the joys and problems therein.)

DR.dk has another video from Marie's upcoming documentary...there are a lot of really nice pictures

Prinsesse på vej

Thanks for the link, Mitchell. "I was a target." Hmm, interesting perspective, Marie. Perhaps if you (she) wasn't so open with the press she could have controlled the situation in her favor. Nonetheless, we will never know...

Thanks for the link, Mitchell. "I was a target." Hmm, interesting perspective, Marie. Perhaps if you (she) wasn't so open with the press she could have controlled the situation in her favor. Nonetheless, we will never know...

She said she was an "easy" target and didn't realise what the media were capable of. That she needed time to decide if she could live with being spied on all the time. Poor mite. Hope she will be happy.

It is all gossip, no one knows for sure (except of course family and possibly close friends) what the situation is between Frederik and Joachim.
I think it would have been rather strange if Joachim was to have Frederik as his bestman again surely he would want it as different to his fisrt as possible, having the boys make this so.

I doesn´t know anything about the situation between the 2 brothers; I just hope they still have the same and warm contant as earlier.

I think also that it would be strange to have Frederik as best man for the second time. Since his first marriege Joachim has got (as we all know) 2 sons, who of course are his start of own family with connections to Schackenborg and Southern Jytland (where I´m also born :D).

The marriege on my birthday :daneflag:is after all the second paid with danish tax money and no matter who much most of the danish people loves their monarchy, there´re also some newspapers and people, who thinks that there are spending enough or to much money on this old constinutional.

So a wedding, which is a bit cheaper, not so big and more private, is probably some of the reasons to, Joachim has choosen his 2 wonderful sons

On the 18th, there will be a documentary about Marie sent on DR1 at 20:00. The documentary have followed Marie for the past months, her efforts to get to know her new country's culture, history, religion and language. Marie tells about her background, growing up, meeting Joachim (and the joys and problems therein.)

I've just finished watching this, and I really enjoyed it. A mix of French, English and Danish - we followed her Danish lessons (from what I heard, a decent start on the language), her introduction to Danish culture, but also a lot about her personal history.

All in all, a very enjoyable introduction. And she talked with one of her brothers, about how it is nice with a place like Schackenborg to retreat to, after you have a lot of duties going on in other parts of Denmark - so the housewife thing at Schackenborg, it didn't sound like she was intending to rest on her laurels there forever.

I agree; Marie made a good impression. She came across as a well-meaning and caring person I think.

What am I watching? All I see is local Danish news and not a thing about Marie.

Nevermind, I found it and I'm watching it. I will keep my comments to myself thank you very much.:D

Last edited:
I really thought it was a good documentary. Now, things such as her learning the language and her degree are cleared up.

It was, IMO, an honest portrayel of her and her life.

Beautiful documentary, really beautiful.
Now that we know her a bit better, I can say that she is spontaneous, fresh, and she has a great sense of the humor. She´s really simple, I love her! She´s just a normal woman.

I love the way Marie kssing Joachim whe he and the children arrived at the ski station, and he really seems to be very happy by her side.

But the real surprise of this documentary for me is Apple, oh my god he´s so funny, he´s a star.

They will be a really wonderfull family, all the best to them.

Last edited:
I really liked this documentary!
Marie seems to be very natural and honest, and I thought she had good answers to all the questions she was asked. She seems to be well aware and ready to take on her new role as wife, stepmother and Princess.

And I agree with Paty, Apple is a star!! Did she really eat an entire ham?:lol:

What am I watching? All I see is local Danish news and not a thing about Marie.

Nevermind, I found it and I'm watching it. I will keep my comments to myself thank you very much.:D

I haven't! Can someone help me please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom