Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
With the announcement that Prince Joachim and Princess Marie are expecting their second child, once again, we turn to our crystal balls to guess the infant's name and gender.

Happy musing!

As well as being healthy, I'm hoping it's a girl so Joachim has a little girl to dote on and for three big brothers to play with.

Marie an Joachim seem to be quite traditional in names compared to Alexandra's Nikolai and Felix, so perhaps if it's a girl she'll be a Margrethe?
I can't think of what DRF boy names they would use...

Great news for them!I'm hoping it will be a girl on the way,as Prince Joachim has already 3 sons.

My guesses are:

Eleonora Marie Francoise Ingrid for a little princess and
Philipp Christian Francois Andre for a little prince.

But I hope for a little princess.

Well so far I have seen nothing that proves that P Joachim can father girls. ;)

I have no idea what those two might name a child. Every son of Joachim's have been a surprise to me...
Since they named their first child after Joachim's father, maybe they will name the second after P Marie's? Prince Allan?

However I would love a Princess Luna.

Last edited:
Healthy is always my first choice. After that, I'd love to see another little girl for the DRF. Although, there alot of little princesses in Europe and relatively few princes. Still, it would be fun too see Joachim with a daughter.

As long as a little Princess isn't given 'Margrethe' as a first name, we're cool...

Since they named their first child after Joachim's father, maybe they will name the second after P Marie's? Prince Allan?

After Prince Henrik this wouldn't even surprise me, but poor boy I think he'd be mocked with that name. As beautiful it is in French as boring and 'old-school' it is in Danish.

I really hope for a little Princess, would be lovely for Joachim after 3 boys IMO also for Marie to be surrounded with a little Princess. If they have a boy, its also fine as the main thing is that its a healthy baby.

For a girl, I wouldn't be surprised for some reason if they did call her Margrethe (hope not ) as I would love the name Victoria, Nathalie or Alexandria.

What is Marie's mother's name?

Eight royal babies within six years! (if all goes well) ... the DRF has not sported that many kids in recent history, not since the days of CP Frederik (later the Eight) and CP Lovisa in the late 19th century. King Christian X, King Frederik IX and Queen Margrethe each had two children.

It will be interesting to see how the DRF will deal with this in 20 years time! I for one don't envisage a royal role for all of them!

Viv

As long as a little Princess isn't given 'Margrethe' as a first name, we're cool...

:lol: I agree but they may be working their way through the Regent Couple's names especially after the unusual choice of Henrik...
I'd love for there to be a little Prince William/Vilhelm in the DRF. I can't think of any names for a princess already used by the family in the past that I like

First of all in every pregnancy the most important thing is the healthy of mom and baby.
I think it would be great if will be a little girl after Nikolai, Felix & Henrik.

For a boy I like Alexander or Albert. For a girl I like Charlotte, Louise or Ingrid

After Prince Henrik this wouldn't even surprise me, but poor boy I think he'd be mocked with that name. As beautiful it is in French as boring and 'old-school' it is in Danish.

It's not a favorite of mine either.

Henrik I think is boring and 'old-school' as well. Only 18 boys in all of Denmark got that name in 2009 and only 11 last year. 4 boys were named Allan last year. So it's not that much of a difference really.

Dagmar Margarethe Francoise Benedickte

or

Frederick Gustav Francois Andre

My guesses are:

Eleonora Marie Francoise Ingrid for a little princess and
Philipp Christian Francois Andre for a little prince.

But I hope for a little princess.

Thats beautiful! I hope they have a little girl.

Eight royal babies within six years! (if all goes well) ... the DRF has not sported that many kids in recent history, not since the days of CP Frederik (later the Eight) and CP Lovisa in the late 19th century. King Christian X, King Frederik IX and Queen Margrethe each had two children.
Eh, no, King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid had three daugthers - Margrethe, Benedikte and Anne-Marie :flowers:

I just want the little baby to be healthy. I'm rooting for a princess, though. :flowers:

For a girl, I still want her to be named : Victoria Marie Margrethe Francoise

And the same goes for the little prince : Victor Andre Erik Holger

Thyra Marguerite Sofia Louise Françoise

Frederik Alain Joachim Holger

And a little girl would be precious :)

Like everyone else, I pray for a healthy baby but after that I also hope they have a little princess, Joachim needs a little girls to cuddle and spoil.
Names are harder because DRF have such varied taste, but personally I am tired of Louise, Leonore, Eleonore and all the variations we have had recently and I don't think they will pick Alexandra because of obvious reasons.

Little Princess: Charlotte Francoise Margrethe Anna
Little Prince: Williem Alain Joachim Christian

I hope it will a daughter for Joachim after three sons :)

Name for a girl : Francoise Margarethe Sophia Lara
Name for a boy: Gabriel Julian Frederick Alain

I'm almost positive it'll be another boy. Here's my guesses:

Boy:
Johan Eduoard Andre Christian

Girl:
Marguerite Francoise Ingrid Mary

A girl - can't name speculate yet. :)

Girl: Caroline Marie Victoria Christina
Boy: Benedict Edward Joachim Christian.

Last edited:
I think Francoise would be a pretty name.

Is there a Danish version?

I voted for a baby girl, but as long as the baby is healthy.
I notice they seem traditional so I hoping for:
Ingrid Frederica Victoria Marie
William Christian Allan Joachim
I really hope it's Ingrid but I'll settle for an Astrid since we already have a Princess Ingrid. I just hope The pregnancy goes well.

A girl-Alexandrine Ingrid Marie Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom