Joachim & Marie's 2nd Baby - Guess the Name & Gender

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will be the gender of Joachim & Marie's 2nd baby?

• Boy - It runs in the family!

Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Girl - Isabella and Josephine need a comrade to tackle the boys!

Votes: 93 65.5%
  • Twins (One of each) - It happened last year...

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • As long as the baby is healthy, it doesn't matter!

Votes: 20 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Princess Anneke or Annika, after in a way, Queen Anne-Marie, just using trhe Anne part of her name because her mother (Princess Marie) provides the Marie reference...How about:

Anneke Marguerite Benedikte Francoise

Big name with 3 larger than life women, honouring the three daughters of Ingrid and Frederik and Marie's mother (and France)

Maybe Princess Anneke or Annika, after in a way, Queen Anne-Marie, just using trhe Anne part of her name because her mother (Princess Marie) provides the Marie reference...How about:

Anneke Marguerite Benedikte Francoise

Big name with 3 larger than life women, honouring the three daughters of Ingrid and Frederik and Marie's mother (and France)

Annika Marguerite would be my choice here but somehow I doubt that Annika (a wonderful name) or Anneke will be THE name for the little princess. On the other hand the danes tend to surprise us on a regular basis when it comes to names. So it could very well be a Annika or Anneke. And Marguerite is a very, very hot guess on my part. I have a very big feeling with that name.

The top 10 names for Denmark in 2011 were Emma, Isabella, Laura, Ida, Clara, Sofie, Mathilde, Freja, Anna and Sofia.

Also in the top 25: Caroline, Lærke, Maja, Josefine, Liva, Alberte, Karla, Victoria, Sarah, Emilie, Mille, Olivia, Alma, Frida, Julie.

I think it's interesting that both the names of the baby's female cousins are in the top 25 in Denmark. The baby's half brothers' names were also quite popular.

I would guess they would pick a popular name that would work as well in French as in Danish. A lot of the Danish names are also popular in France, particularly Emma, Sarah, Sofie, Mathilde and Clara. Caroline and Julie also sound very French and Olivia is popular all over the world. I would guess the name would be one that the mother likes and also has a connection her family since they named the first child after the prince's father. I think the middle names will probably be family names. Margarete or a variant would definitely be included, as would the name of Princess Marie's mother or a grandmother. My own best guess would be Sofie or Mathilde.

I think it's cool if Daisy is used as a substitute for Margrethe. It's such a cute name and it's like always been Margrethe's nickname.

Last edited:
How about Marguerite, the french form of Margrethe? Since Henrik is named after his grandpa it would be nice if the new princess would be named after her grandma. Especially if she is born in QMII jubilee year. But a Henrik and a Margrethe would be to much IMO. Therefore Marguerite.

You did originally suggest it way back when and I have sort of run with it too because it makes sense: French mother, French version of grandmothers name, Mergrethe/Marguerite...It is perfect! But I would prefer it as a middle name because Henrik and Marguerite is just to cutesy and weird a set ;)

Caroline, Mathilde and Julie all sound very pretty for a little Princess, IMO.

I am sorry but I hope they don't use the name Margrethe as a first name, its seems kinda weird to me. I hope they give her a beautiful name regardless of origin. I still don't like the names of the twins,:bang: no matter how many time I hear them. Josephine and Vincent remind me of a set of twins from Brooklyn.:ROFLMAO:
Olivia, Carolina, Amelie, Charlotte are beautiful names, to me they sound regal and timeless.

:previous:Really do like Josephine, I know three, but they all go by nick names, two Jodys and one Josie. Vincent always reminds me of van Gogh.

I hope they choose Clara, what a lovely name!:flowers:

Clara is a beautiful name, makes me think of the Nutcracker, wouldn't mind if they called her that.

Vincent always gives me associations to the show Judging Amy where Amy's brother is called Vincent. Josephine is a cute name though, goes well with Christian and Isabella.

Archduchess Zelia said:
Clara is a beautiful name, makes me think of the Nutcracker, wouldn't mind if they called her that.

Vincent always gives me associations to the show Judging Amy where Amy's brother is called Vincent. Josephine is a cute name though, goes well with Christian and Isabella.

I LOVED that show. I always have the same thought

I like the names Amelie and Charlotte perfect for a princess
I also think that Ingrid will be one of her names

Yeah, perhaps it will be Amelie...it is a Danish royal name (Sophie Amelie) and it is also French..Maybe the combo:

Princess Amelie Marguerite Ingrid Francoise

Not too sure about naming the new princess the same as other little contemporary princesses. So I'm really not hot to the names Amélie (Princess Amalia in Netherlands) or Ingrid (Norway little princess) or even Charlotte (too close to Caroline's daughter even if she is technically not a princess). I also wonder about «Françoise» which might be too obvious (and not nice enough) for a DANISH princess

Not too sure about naming the new princess the same as other little contemporary princesses. So I'm really not hot to the names Amélie (Princess Amalia in Netherlands) or Ingrid (Norway little princess) or even Charlotte (too close to Caroline's daughter even if she is technically not a princess). I also wonder about «Françoise» which might be too obvious (and not nice enough) for a DANISH princess

Don't forget Francoise is the name of Marie's mother and as Alain (her father) is included in Prince Henriks name, it could be possible that Francoise will be included in the name.

Princess Agathe Margrethe Françoise Marie :flowers:

Don't forget Francoise is the name of Marie's mother and as Alain (her father) is included in Prince Henriks name, it could be possible that Francoise will be included in the name.

I didn't realize that. You might be right. I just hope that it fades away between many more younger names.

Princess Agathe Margrethe Françoise Marie :flowers:
I think Agathe is not very likely.
The daughter of Henriette Steenstrup, who is a close friend of Marie, is called Agathe. Marie is her godmother.

Marie has four godchildren, as far as i know:
Magali Siesbye, daughter of Oscar and Britt Davidsen Siesbye
Agathe Anna Steenstrup, daughter of Peter and Henriette Steenstrup
Princesse Josephine of Denmark
Nicholas Bendtner, son of Caroline Flemming and Nicklas Bendtner

For Joachim it is:
Prince Christian of Denmark,
more i do not remember, maybe anybody else knows more:confused:

I think it is weird to use the names of own children, godchildren or nephews again.

I also think Henriette Steenstrup is a good guess for a godmother for the new little princess, as i wrote earlier:
Godparents:
- Gregory Grandet
- Edouard Cavallier
- Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
- 2 more friends, possible: Henriette Steenstrup or Agente Arnø or Caroline Fleming

My newest guess for a name is:
Clara Odile Margrethe Francoise

Last edited:
The top 10 names for Denmark in 2011 were Emma, Isabella, Laura, Ida, Clara, Sofie, Mathilde, Freja, Anna and Sofia.

Also in the top 25: Caroline, Lærke, Maja, Josefine, Liva, Alberte, Karla, Victoria, Sarah, Emilie, Mille, Olivia, Alma, Frida, Julie.

I think it's interesting that both the names of the baby's female cousins are in the top 25 in Denmark. The baby's half brothers' names were also quite popular.

I would guess they would pick a popular name that would work as well in French as in Danish. A lot of the Danish names are also popular in France, particularly Emma, Sarah, Sofie, Mathilde and Clara. Caroline and Julie also sound very French and Olivia is popular all over the world. I would guess the name would be one that the mother likes and also has a connection her family since they named the first child after the prince's father. I think the middle names will probably be family names. Margarete or a variant would definitely be included, as would the name of Princess Marie's mother or a grandmother. My own best guess would be Sofie or Mathilde.

Its highly likely that the names of the Crown Princely children has affected this list.

Astrid, Philippa, Eliane, Mathilde, Maude, Pauline, Louise, Tatiana, or Caroline maybe. It really bothers me that I have no idea what they're gonna call her whatsoever, the name will probably come as big a surprise as Prince Henrik's name :p

Astrid, Philippa, Eliane, Mathilde, Maude, Pauline, Louise, Tatiana, or Caroline maybe. It really bothers me that I have no idea what they're gonna call her whatsoever, the name will probably come as big a surprise as Prince Henrik's name :p
Why Prince Henrik's name was a surprise?
Julie and Josephine would be great for the little one, IMO.:blush:

why would they name their daughter like her first cousin?
they would rather name her with a name no one has now.

why would they name their daughter like her first cousin?
they would rather name her with a name no one has now.
Yeah, maybe you're right. But in many royal families cousins share the same name, I don't find it a problem at all. As for me, Josephine sounds very royal and French. Moreover, there are a lot of nicknames from Josephine. All IMO.

If anything Agathe MIGHT be a middle name because it is one of Marie's middle names...but it definitely WON'T be Josephine, because of Josephine Flemming (daughter of Caroline) AND Princess Josephine (daughter of Mary and Fred)...definitely no Alexandra/Alexandrine derivatives, naming your daughter the same name as your husband's first wife I don't think is Marie's style...doesn't matter whether it is a Danish royal name of not......So they are all the names it will NOT be (Agathe, Josephine, Alexandrine)...I still like slightly unusual choices for them like: Xenia, Marguerite, Thyra, Anneke/Annika, Amelie etc with the same three middle names of: Dagmar Ingrid Francoise ? Maybe?

If anything Agathe MIGHT be a middle name because it is one of Marie's middle names...but it definitely WON'T be Josephine, because of Josephine Flemming (daughter of Caroline) AND Princess Josephine (daughter of Mary and Fred)...definitely no Alexandra/Alexandrine derivatives, naming your daughter the same name as your husband's first wife I don't think is Marie's style...doesn't matter whether it is a Danish royal name of not......So they are all the names it will NOT be (Agathe, Josephine, Alexandrine)...I still like slightly unusual choices for them like: Xenia, Marguerite, Thyra, Anneke/Annika, Amelie etc with the same three middle names of: Dagmar Ingrid Francoise ? Maybe?
I think so :D
Maybe Anne-Marie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom