Princess Raiyah Bint Al-Hussein of Jordan & Mr. Faris (Ned) Donovan: July 7, 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
Princess Raiyah & Mr. Donovan got married in London today.
https://petra.gov.jo/Include/InnerPage.jsp?ID=144460&lang=ar&name=news

According to petra statement, the ceremony was brief and limited only to َ family members due to the outbreak of COVID-19. It was attended by Her Majesty Queen Noor Al-Hussein, the Ambassador of the Jordan to UK, Omar Al-Nahar, and the family of Mr Donovan.

The king, queen & the royal family members were unable to attend.

Congratulations to the couple :flowers:

Last edited:
Is the same ceremony which was rescheduled for October? Or will there be one later as well?

They were keen to get married as it’s only be possible for a week or so.

Or they had a reason to speed up the wedding.

Congratulations!

I have been following Ned for some time on Twitter, had no idea who he was going to marry!

I knew him as a journalist and writer for the Catholic Herald and was a little surprised to see him announce his engagement to a Jordanian Princess and presumably convert. I'm also not sure I knew he was Roald Dahl's grandson before that either.

Congrats to the happy couple. Maybe they were just really in the "we just want to be married" stage and don't want to hang around in case it gets worse and everything is shut down again.

Congratulations no king no sisters brothers.... no ceremony?

Princess Raiyah on twitter:

@RaiyahHKJ: Thank you all for your kind messages on our wedding!While it was originally planned for April in Jordan, the pandemic derailed those plans and it was safer for my husband’s family to hold it in the UK. God willing we look forward to celebrating in Jordan once the situation allows

So they plan a wedding party in Jordan.

Princess Raiyah & Mr. Donovan got married in London today.
https://petra.gov.jo/Include/InnerPage.jsp?ID=144460&lang=ar&name=news

According to petra statement, the ceremony was brief and limited only to َ family members due to the outbreak of COVID-19. It was attended by Her Majesty Queen Noor Al-Hussein, the Ambassador of the Jordan to UK, Omar Al-Nahar, and the family of Mr Donovan.

The king, queen & the royal family members were unable to attend.

Congratulations to the couple :flowers:

I think the bride looks just stunning and I love the veiling and the forehead jewellery.

Congratulations to the couple. Glad that they were able to get married in the presence of his family and her mother. I'm sure they look forward to the celebration in Jordan whenever that can take place safely.

Is the same ceremony which was rescheduled for October? Or will there be one later as well?

They were keen to get married as it’s only be possible for a week or so.

I never understood the full ban on marriages but what are the current regulations regarding marriages in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:
a lovely bride, i like the original dress and the way of wearing the tiara that she chose, which is different from other brides. very pretty and personal.

i wonder where the wedding took place? looks like a lovely place in london with the beautiful gardens. maybe the jordanian embassy?

a restrained number of attendees indeed, but i am sure they will get the chance to celebrate with a larger party once this situation is over in UK and jordan.

What a lovely couple, the bride looks wonderful... Looking forward to the marriage celebrations in Jordan

The bride looks beautiful. I love the jeweled head piece. :flowers:

I wonder if they wed at Noor's country estate in England.

Happy for the couple. Glad they got to have a small intimate ceremony to start their lives together. I am sure they will have a wonderful celebration in Jordan down the line when it is safe for them to do so. It must have been hard to not have the rest of the family there, even without friends, but at least their parents were there for them.

Noor looked lovely. She doesn't seem to age much.

It will be great to one day see the Jordan pictures.

Back
Top Bottom