Louis Ducruet and Marie Chevallier: July 26 & 27, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We don't know what happens behind closed doors. But Friday in red cross ball Charlene was stunning but somehow sad, absolutely not smiling. Maybe she had an issue or a bad moment inside the couple. She could not slip the red cross bal but she easily did it with the family gathering.
As for the wedding seems a nice moment.
I noticed in the family Pic that Ben was also there

I saw an article saying Charlene maintains a good relationship with Louis' mom, Stephanie. Many are shocked of her absence.

Anyhow, the wedding looks great. I hope only the best to the newlyweds.

Even if Charlene was missing as always, Princely Family was happy and relaxed , Caroline and her children attended with Albert, they were smiling and stylish. I don't like Daniel Ducruet's wife in that position , with that outfit and sticked to her husband. Stephanie seemed in trouble . Ducruet is always without respect.

We don't know what happens behind closed doors. But Friday in red cross ball Charlene was stunning but somehow sad, absolutely not smiling. [....]

That is the normal Charlène. So she seems okay.

The wedding was at the Mairie. The religious service was at the cathedral. The reception was at the palais princier? If so, then maybe the Princess was the host and took charge of the affaires at "her" palace. That would be a possible explanation of her absence.

And that the twins were no bridal children: maybe the parents thought that the marquis des Baux and his sister Princess Gabriella should not be "used" for any wedding, to avoid precedents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if Charlene was missing as always, Princely Family was happy and relaxed , Caroline and her children attended with Albert, they were smiling and stylish. I don't like Daniel Ducruet's wife in that position , with that outfit and sticked to her husband. Stephanie seemed in trouble . Ducruet is always without respect.
Stéphanie did the wrong choice with Ducruet almost 28 years ago, since then she had almost only troubles with him. I suppose she is used to

It looks like it was a lovely, family wedding without too much fuss or pomp. It was nice that Louis' sister had a hand in designing the dress and, whatever the outcome to us, if the bride loved it and it meant a lot then that is touching and lovely and really that's all that matters.

As for Charlene not attending, well I've tried to defend her on these forums for not attending official events etc but I find not attending such a family wedding like this really disrespectful, especially when on Friday she saw fit to actually attend the Red Cross Gala.

I wish the couple nothing but happiness.

As for Charlene and the kids, the children may have been unwell so Charlene stayed with them. I wonder if Charlene was at the reception since it took place at the palace.
Not every couple has to do what the other do it is after all their wedding.
They chose city hall be cause they wanted to I would think nothing wrong with that.

People Magazine gave a lot of details...it said guests entered the Cathedral to Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"...that Father Cesar Penzo conducted the rites...both Pauline and Stephanie were crying BEFORE the ceremony even began...and that not only was Charlene there, but Jazmin Grimaldi and Alexandre Coste as well.

Hmmm...

The reception was at the Monte Carlo Bay Hotel.

I am posting from my Android ...will try to attach the link to the article later!;)

ETA: Wasn't it already discussed in this thread why the couple chose City Hall for their civil wedding? It's because that is where Louis' parents were married.

Last edited:
As for Charlene and the kids, the children may have been unwell so Charlene stayed with them.

I think that excuse has been used and over the past few years and has worn very thin now.

Civil wedding not at Palais Princier ? Why?

I understood the wedding, the religious service and the reception were all in non-princely venues. Of course Louis Ducruet is neither princely nor noble. Maybe it was their desire to have a normal monégasque wedding: at the local townhall, in the local church and in a local hotel.

The Cathedral of Monaco is a "non Princely religious venue" since when?

Prince Rainier married there, and his mother Princess Charlotte married Pierre Prince de Polignac there as well.

Louis parents married at City Hall. Why are posters still gnashing their teeth that it was the groom's choice to emulate them?:bang:

After learning that Alexandre Coste attended, perhaps that is why Charlene didn't?

It is speculation on my part. Very lame and unfortunate if true.:whistling:

Last edited:
The Cathedral of Monaco is a "non Princely religious venue" since when?

Prince Rainier married there, and his mother Princess Charlotte married Pierre Prince de Polignac there as well.

Louis parents married at City Hall. Why are posters still gnashing their teeth that it was the groom's choice to emulate them?:bang:

After learning that Alexandre Coste attended, perhaps that is why Charlene didn't?

It is speculation on my part. Very lame and unfortunate if true.:whistling:

The cathedral is for any resident of Monaco. Rich or poor. Prince or pauper. It has nothing to do with the princely House other than that some ancestors have been interred there. But you or me or anyone else can have a religious service there, if desired. It is the local church.

According to People.com, Nice Matin is saying that Charlene was there. I don't know what to say. If she was there it is weird that she was not pictured in the official photo.

Charlene can't play her role . No words anymore.

Wedding party at Montecarlo Bay Resort ? Does someone know if it'true?

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn’t spot Jazmin Grace Grimaldi or Alexandre Coste in the group picture.

I couldn’t spot Jazmin Grace Grimaldi or Alexandre Coste in the group picture.

I couldn't spot Charlene either, but according to People Mag all three attended!

I can MAYBE understand Jazmin and Alexandre sitting out the group photo but not Charlene...:whistling:

After the civil wedding, with parents
https://cdn.static02.nicematin.com/media/npo/1440w/2019/07/2016003.jpg
At the altar
https://cdn.static01.nicematin.com/media/npo/1440w/2019/07/2016009.jpg

They are a nice couple. Marie is beautiful and lovely. She looked wonderful at the civil wedding, I really liked her outfit. On the wedding day the only thing which was good in her was her smile and happiness. The wedding dress didn't fit well and didn't look good and her hairdo wasn't good. Stephanie is really clinging on her son at the group photos.

Last edited:
Louis Ducruet and Marie Chevallier: July 26 & 27, 2019

I find the coverage surrounding this wedding a strange mixture. On the one hand we are given so much information about events surrounding the couple - even a photo of the proposal - an extremely private moment. There are some lovely formal photos posted of the couple before the nuptials . We get information about Pauline designing the dress for the religious ceremony and the bride posting a lovely photo taken just prior to the wedding. Then, having whetted people’s interest ( note also all the media articles published just prior to the weekend) suddenly there is almost a shut down of information. Worst of all, the whole of the front of the Cathedral is shut off so anyone who has made an effort to turn out and wish the couple well are denied the opportunity. So we will wait and see if there will be one publication who will release photos of every little detail.

At the altar

They are a nice couple. Marie is beautiful and lovely. She looked wonderful at the civil wedding, I really liked her outfit. On the wedding day the only thing which was good in her was her smile and happiness. The wedding dress didn't fit well and didn't look good and her hairdo wasn't good. Stephanie is really clinging on her son at the group photos.

Wow, for the first time I actually agree with everything you say. And as for Stéphanie clinging to her son, I think it's just her way of showing maternal love. If there's a strong bond there, I see nothing wrong with it.

As for Marie's hair now that I see this photo - it's not even sloppy, as I called it earlier. It's a downright mess.

After seeing the pic of the couple at the Altar we can say that seh didn't wear the pearl necklace Pricness Tephanie wore for her own Wedding in 1995.

Wow, for the first time I actually agree with everything you say. And as for Stéphanie clinging to her son, I think it's just her way of showing maternal love. If there's a strong bond there, I see nothing wrong with it.

As for Marie's hair now that I see this photo - it's not even sloppy, as I called it earlier. It's a downright mess.

On your son's wedding day, the bridegroom should be clingjng to his bride (and/or the other way around) not have his mother cling on to him [she did it at group pictures of both the civil wedding and religious wedding]. That's the whole point of marriage. The parents need to let go as from now on he first and foremost belongs to his wife.

On your son's wedding day, the bridegroom should be clingjng to his bride (and/or the other way around) not have his mother cling on to him [she did it at group pictures of both the civil wedding and religious wedding]. That's the whole point of marriage. The parents need to let go as from now on he first and foremost belongs to his wife.

Well, the groom doesn't cling to anyone in the picture and Marie does not explicitly either. I see what you mean, but I think Stéphanie is just very emotional. I won't judge or condemn her for it.

Add: now that I have taken a closer look at both group pictures, neither Louis nor Marie appear physically very close in their positions - or that may be just how I see it. They don't seem to hold hands or anything. I understand the view of Stéphanie's "clinging" better now, but still won't judge her for it.

Last edited:
At the altar

It must be funny to see uncle Albert staring at you from that portrait behind Monsieur le Maire. :lol:

He doesn't belong to anyone. The roles of mother and wife are very distinct. He will totally love both of them in completely different ways and neither supercedes the other.

If Caroline would have been in Staphanie 's instead of,many people judge her very hard.

He doesn't belong to anyone. The roles of mother and wife are very distinct. He will totally love both of them in completely different ways and neither supercedes the other.

He does actually belong to someone: himself. I suppose that LadyFinn and Somebody mean that Stéphanie clings to Louis too much on the photos, where there is little "clinging" between Louis and Marie. Oh well.

If Caroline would have been in Staphanie 's instead of,many people judge her very hard.

Why would Caroline be judged?

Back
Top Bottom