The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-28-2019, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Ok Moonmaiden23, i'll try to post the link again for you. I hope it will work this time…

Here goes the HUGE wedding cake

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_mo...ie-boda-tarta/
Such wonderful detail on the icing on that cake and the all important M&L monogram.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
.... He married a Zimbabwean-born South-African professional athlete to-tal-ly unknown with anything like royalty, let alone in a French-speaking principality with a magnifying glass on it 365 days per year.
South Africa was a British colony until 1961 when it became a republic.
South Africa is a Commonwealth Country.
As an athlete, Princess Charlene represented South Africa at the Commonwealth Games in 1998 and 2002.
She knows about Royalty.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Ok Moonmaiden23, i'll try to post the link again for you. I hope it will work this time…

Here goes the HUGE wedding cake

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_mo...ie-boda-tarta/
Oh, you are an angel...yes that cake is enormous!

Thanks lazuli, once more!
Old 07-28-2019, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

Oh wow! The cake is incredibly beautiful!
Old 07-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Serene Highness

I like a little chaos in wedding photo, lol. Seriously though, I don't mind the chaos of the wedding photos so much and actually find it relatable. Perhaps that's the biggest reason why most RFs release a super curated batch of photos, to make us see only the well-organized bits of an event.

Stephanie must be the sweetest, chillest mum in the world, she gives off that vibe. I did notice her hand on her son's arm. I'm sure she was just emotional but it looks like she can't let go.

The Casiraghis on full force, lovely to see. I do think the cousins are closer than we know. Aside from the fact that it's a family wedding, I find them as the sort of people who understand family duty and will show up whenever necessary.

Which brings me to Charlene, I hope that there is a legit excuse, and hope she is completely fine and healthy. She won't be the first Consort to have longstanding issues with coping with public life.

Now that dress, ugh. Sometimes I see these unimaginably wealthy people with less than perfect outfits and styling and hair during important events and I'm like, really??? That's it???

I sure hope Pauline will not be the sort of "designer" who'll cash in on her connections. Sure she can do that also but without talent, she will not have a career at all. I hope she lands a very important, serious internship and eventual job, first, at a good fashion house before she builds her own brand. Besides she is very young, how could anyone build an eponymous brand at an age where your identity and direction within the industry is clearly still undetermined. Argh.

Obviously I hope Marie was ecstatic over her gown. She and Louis looked very happy indeed. Bets over which magazine got coverage?
Old 07-28-2019, 09:00 PM
Courtier

La Gazette de Monaco has a few more (official) photos inside the cathedral and reception:

https://lagazettedemonaco.com/mariag...k-end-de-reve/

I think we can say for certain that Charlene wasn't at the religious service as you can see the seating arrangement of Albert & Caroline

Front of the church
Old 07-28-2019, 09:03 PM
Serene Highness

Let's not romanticize Charlene's absence just because we like her. Indeed, she's not the first one in the family to skip family celebrations like this, and personally for her, it's not her first time. Saying she's introvert and is not a princess by blood is no excuse. Let alone saying Prince Albert II has mutual consent over this.

She's the Princess Consort and she's expected to attend most especially family celebrations like this.

But yes, all is well. May Louis and Marie live happily ever after.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:35 AM
Aristocracy

Thank God there are Albert and Caroline to male the difference. Caroline in Gianbattista Valli was wonderful as usual.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:34 AM
Nobility

Which of the Casiraghi kids weddings did Charlene attend?
Old 07-29-2019, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post
La Gazette de Monaco has a few more (official) photos inside the cathedral and reception:

https://lagazettedemonaco.com/mariag...k-end-de-reve/

I think we can say for certain that Charlene wasn't at the religious service as you can see the seating arrangement of Albert & Caroline

Front of the church
At last… A glimpse on P. Caroline's outfit…
Old 07-29-2019, 08:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Let's not romanticize Charlene's absence just because we like her. Indeed, she's not the first one in the family to skip family celebrations like this, and personally for her, it's not her first time. Saying she's introvert and is not a princess by blood is no excuse. Let alone saying Prince Albert II has mutual consent over this.

She's the Princess Consort and she's expected to attend most especially family celebrations like this.

But yes, all is well. May Louis and Marie live happily ever after.
I didn't excuse Charlene. I said that I think she and Albert have an agreement on royal duties as I remember Albert saying before or after their marriage, not to expect the ''classic'' Princess Consort, and that is how it is.

I also said that this was not a royal duty but a family wedding so I couldn't understand her absence. However, looking at the seating, everybody knew that she was not going to attend, not even the twins, but the reason behind it remains a mystery.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
Which of the Casiraghi kids weddings did Charlene attend?

All I know for sure is that she was at Charlotte's civil ceremony and the all-nighter at La Vigie that followed....there are photos.

Point de Vue reported that she attended the religious ceremony in Provence, and that the twins were attending the bride...but no photos.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-29-2019, 09:20 AM
Courtier

It seems that Charlene was at the wedding reception. There's a video of a blurry here in a red dress. I don't understand how this family works.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
If Charlene was there supporting the family in private without pictures, good for her. It is frustrating when so many events in Monaco have this "Where's Charlene?" discussion though. There's only so many times you can play the twins or busy elsewhere.

I'm an introvert and I can't imagine being in the spotlight but if she can be photographed at the Red Cross Ball the night before surely she can stand next to her husband in the wedding party photographs? Ultimately it doesn't really matter for this event, it's just family so up to them if she attends or not but is Albert really ok going solo on so many events where a consort should usually accompany someone? It's not as if it's *that* many but it's so noticeable.

Actually no. It may be that the Red Cross Ball asks so much of her that she needs time to recuperate before she can go out again.
Two major things right after each other *can* be too much and a wedding *can* be stressful to attend, no matter how low-key it is.

Every introvert reacts differently.

I'm not defending Charlène, I don't know her at all, but only elaborating how things can work with an introverted individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
I like a little chaos in wedding photo, lol. Seriously though, I don't mind the chaos of the wedding photos so much and actually find it relatable. Perhaps that's the biggest reason why most RFs release a super curated batch of photos, to make us see only the well-organized bits of an event.

Stephanie must be the sweetest, chillest mum in the world, she gives off that vibe. I did notice her hand on her son's arm. I'm sure she was just emotional but it looks like she can't let go.

The Casiraghis on full force, lovely to see. I do think the cousins are closer than we know. Aside from the fact that it's a family wedding, I find them as the sort of people who understand family duty and will show up whenever necessary.

Which brings me to Charlene, I hope that there is a legit excuse, and hope she is completely fine and healthy. She won't be the first Consort to have longstanding issues with coping with public life.

Now that dress, ugh. Sometimes I see these unimaginably wealthy people with less than perfect outfits and styling and hair during important events and I'm like, really??? That's it???

I sure hope Pauline will not be the sort of "designer" who'll cash in on her connections. Sure she can do that also but without talent, she will not have a career at all. I hope she lands a very important, serious internship and eventual job, first, at a good fashion house before she builds her own brand. Besides she is very young, how could anyone build an eponymous brand at an age where your identity and direction within the industry is clearly still undetermined. Argh.

Obviously I hope Marie was ecstatic over her gown. She and Louis looked very happy indeed. Bets over which magazine got coverage?

This! Exactly this! They have the money and the means and then they show up looking like they just came out of bed. The regular woman on the street makes a better effort....
Sometimes I feel embarrassed for how the "rich and well-off" dare to present themselves. Money can't buy style, let alone taste.

Apparently the rich care about other things than basic appearance....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
This was a family event and a lovely wedding. Charlene has been a member of this family for a long time, she should feel herself comfortable at the family events. Charlene is married to the Head of this family. Albert likes to attend at the family events and is very close to his nephews and nieces. As the wife of the Head of the family Charlene should attend at these family events. To pose at the group photo and show her support to the newlyweds. I think it is strange that she isn't glad to attend at these events full of love and happiness.

Because not everyone experiences these things the same as you think they should do? "Should" and ability are two different things and the length of the marriage says nothing about how comfortable and at ease she feels at events and gatherings.
You cannot decide for someone else how they should feel. And some people do not feel comfortable at weddings. I believe Prince Bernhard of The Netherlands even hated them.

Is it so difficult to swallow that not everything goes by the book?
Old 07-29-2019, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
It seems that Charlene was at the wedding reception. There's a video of a blurry here in a red dress. I don't understand how this family works.
Would you be so kind to tell us where we can find this video?
Old 07-29-2019, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Can you post the link of the video?
Old 07-29-2019, 10:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCongeniality View Post
I didn't excuse Charlene. I said that I think she and Albert have an agreement on royal duties as I remember Albert saying before or after their marriage, not to expect the ''classic'' Princess Consort, and that is how it is.

I also said that this was not a royal duty but a family wedding so I couldn't understand her absence. However, looking at the seating, everybody knew that she was not going to attend, not even the twins, but the reason behind it remains a mystery.
The mystery deepens:
https://www.legossip.net/charlene-de...ucruet/366947/
Old 07-29-2019, 10:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Maybe she was ill earlier and had to sit out the ceremony at church...that would certainly make sense.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-29-2019, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

See my earlier post #231. This is a similar scenario. I think this could turn out to be a non story - we have just one picture of the group from the religious ceremony. Charlene may eventually appear on others.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Can you post the link of the video?
The video was on someone's story on Instagram, I'm trying to see if anyone posted it.