Infanta Elena of Spain & Don Jaime de Marichalar 1995

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow Countess of Barcelona was much be able to with big day his granddaughters wedding! She was high age and many couple happy see Countess of Barcelona sitting on horse and cart,she was wave on couple!!! Countess of Barcelona was favourite grandmother to three grandchildren and his three children, sister-in law!!!

Here two photos of the wedding from the Queen's biography La Reina by Pilar Urbano :flowers:

Last edited:
Some photos from Australian Picture Library:

Elena
her dress
her wedding
was really cute and lovely
simple, elegant emotionnal
i prefer the elena wedding from far than the F&L wedding (even if I am a very big fan of PL) (i found the F&L wedding quite unpersonnal)

Last edited:
Thanks for the picts of wedding cake. Are rare and very beautiful!!! :flowers:

I don't know if it was already written, but do you know where both Infantas went for their honeymoons? I have never read anything about it... :question:

Elena and Jaime - I believe - went to Lizard Island off the coast of Australia - near The Great Barrier Reef.

Cristina - I don't know -

Here two photos of the wedding from the Queen's biography La Reina by Pilar Urbano :flowers:

I have a question for people from Spain - I noticed that Jaime's mother is wearing a mantilla, but not Queen Sofia. What is the protocol? Excuse my ignorance, and thanks.:)

I have a question for people from Spain - I noticed that Jaime's mother is wearing a mantilla, but not Queen Sofia. What is the protocol? Excuse my ignorance, and thanks.:)

I think if you look again you'll see Her Majesty is indeed wearing a mantilla as is the Countess (Jaime's mother).

It seems that they shortened the train of the dress, in the 2nd church at the end of the videoa few meters are missing.

Thanks for posting the video btw, it was an impressive ceremony, Mozart's coronation mass, enormous crowds & enthausiasm and a beautiful church. And stating the obvious: how young they all still look!

It seems that they shortened the train of the dress, in the 2nd church at the end of the videoa few meters are missing.

Thanks for posting the video btw, it was an impressive ceremony, Mozart's coronation mass, enormous crowds & enthausiasm and a beautiful church. And stating the obvious: how young they all still look!

Back when the Borbóns could do no wrong!

As far as i remember from the Live Coverage at the End of the Wedding they showed the bridal Couple leaving the High Altar and walking through the Church. At some point they let the bridal Couple aolne and showed other gusets leaving the Church and at showed the bridal Couple only again when they left the Church thrugh another door then the guests. Then the train and the Veil had been removed. Apparently there where to trains one attached to the dress and another over it. And the same with the Veil.

Last edited:
I remember watching this wedding live on Euronews,they showed quite a bit of the guests arriving and the Wedding ceremony.

I remember watching this wedding live on Euronews,they showed quite a bit of the guests arriving and the Wedding ceremony.

On german TV they started to broadcast short before the Wedding Ceremony started and then showed the entire Wedding, the carriage ride and the Ceremony at the other Church live. Have it still somewhere on VHS. At the Wedding of Cristina they broadcasted longer and showed also the guests arriving and more from the procession through Barcelona.

Thanks for the video!
I watched some parts of the wedding on our national TV.

On german TV they started to broadcast short before the Wedding Ceremony started and then showed the entire Wedding, the carriage ride and the Ceremony at the other Church live. Have it still somewhere on VHS. At the Wedding of Cristina they broadcasted longer and showed also the guests arriving and more from the procession through Barcelona.

Possibly the only carriage ride we'll get from the SRF,I guess that there deemed 'unlucky' after Queen Ena and Alfonson XIII's wedding!

Someone uploaded the coverage of the wedding (4 hours-long) to Youtube, I think it's worth-watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTWsd7XPgGk

I think this was the most gorgeous out of the three Spanish royal weddings. Perhaps because I really love Seville, but the joy and the colours and the sunlight were amazing that day. Andthe sceanary (that cathedral!), and all the guests (hard to tell it was not the wedding of a heir!). I was 3 at the moment tough, so my perception comes from seeing videos afterwards :lol: However, I remember it was a big deal, first royal wedding in Spain in almost a century.

There are some parts of the video I really like.

At 0:50:30 the Countess of Barcelona going through Sevilla's street on horse carriage and received with great flamenco-rythmed applause from the crowds.

Great footage too of the royals through the ceremony, especially striking the line of heirs at 1:18:56: Albert, Victoria, Willem-Alexander, Haakon? and Philippe. Farah Diba and Charles at 1:17:34. How young they all look! :D

It was my favourite of the 3 siblings weddings,its sad to see so many faces no longer with us like the Countess of Barcelona,the Countess of Ripalda ,the aunts of king Juan Carlos .

I have watched it in full live. It was a great wedding very touching. The bride walking to the church with her father, very nice. King Juan Karlos very emotionnated very human. It was not a King just a father.

It is also my favourite of the three recent spanish Weddings. The very beautiful weather the Royal Family and the bride walking over a long red carpet to the great Cathedral and all the spanish ladies with their mantillas.
Have wAtched but they only started to broadcast after the arrival of the groom so this is the first time that i can see the that the Countess of Barcelona drrove in a carriage to the Cathedral. Does anyone know who is the lady in green with her? When she entered the Cathedral she is in the background and also the Countess sister Esperanza with her husband.

Muchas Gracias! Thank you for posting the video of Elena and Jaime's wedding. I'd only seen snippets of the footage before. I agree that there was something extra special regarding the sunlight and setting for their wedding day. It was fun to see the then heirs to the throne who are now their nation's monarchs and a bit sad to see those who have passed on.

Both parents seem to be bursting with pride as they walked through the courtyard of the cathedral accompanied by their daughter and son that day.

It is also my favourite of the three recent spanish Weddings. The very beautiful weather the Royal Family and the bride walking over a long red carpet to the great Cathedral and all the spanish ladies with their mantillas.
Have wAtched but they only started to broadcast after the arrival of the groom so this is the first time that i can see the that the Countess of Barcelona drrove in a carriage to the Cathedral. Does anyone know who is the lady in green with her? When she entered the Cathedral she is in the background and also the Countess sister Esperanza with her husband.

Yes I was wondering who she was too,perhaps she was a cousin of the Countess?

I felt so sorry for doña Maria Zurita who had the job of fixing Infanta Elena's very long train.

The grooms late mother the Dowager Countess of Ripalda looked very elegant.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes//famosos/2014031370140/madre-jaime-marichalar-ingresada/0-264-399/concepcion-saenz1-z.jpg

Yes I was wondering who she was too,perhaps she was a cousin of the Countess?

I felt so sorry for doña Maria Zurita who had the job of fixing Infanta Elena's very long train.

The grooms late mother the Dowager Countess of Ripalda looked very elegant.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes//famos...r-ingresada/0-264-399/concepcion-saenz1-z.jpg
Could the lady with the Countess of Barcelöona perhaps be her other sister Princess Dolores? She was still alvie then.
I agree that Maria Zurita had a difficult job with Infanta Elena's long train and veil specially as the way from the Alcazar to the Catrhedral was not straight but went on many corners.
But it seems they learned as at Infanta Cristina's Wedding and at Felipe and Letizia's Wedding there where more then one person in charge of the train.

Yes it could be Princess María de los Dolores of Bourbon-Two Sicilies she died the year after the wedding .

The dress seems to drown Elena... and I tried to watch a video of them today, and was disconcerted at the way they seemed to be tlakign rather a lot..

Back
Top Bottom