The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 09-08-2021, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Princess Isabella attended the movie "Freaks Out" during the 78th Venice International Film Festival in Italy today, September 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 10-18-2021, 04:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Princess Marie de Ligne la Trémoïlle grand mother of Prince Edouard celebrates her 99th Birthday!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVJQq8isCQS/
Old 11-01-2021, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Happy Halloween from the Ligne family!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVtbDidMXqj/
Old 01-10-2022, 12:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Happy 3nd Birthday to cute Prince Antoine!!

https://static.anonigviewer.com/?u=S...WePRlQhJGSkB3V
https://static.anonigviewer.com/?u=8...sdWePRlQhJGSkB
Old 04-28-2022, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Saturday 23 April , Prince Michel of Ligne, Princess Eleonora and their son, the Hereditary Prince Henri, opened the 32nd Amarílis Contest, at his residence, the Castle of Beloeil, located in the small town also called Beloeil, in the Province of Hainaut, Belgium. The ceremony was attend and Princess Claire

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc5hEDrMqlL/
Old 05-06-2022, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Prince Michel attended the Commemoration Ceremony for the fallen soldiers of Kortrijk who served in the Belgian SAS Parachute Squadron, as well as those who served in the Special Operations Executive during the Second World War, and the celebration for the 80th anniversary of the para-commando units in Kortrijk today, May 6:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 07-16-2022, 04:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Happy Summer time for the Ligne Family!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgBcWDWs1hx/?hl=el
Old 07-16-2022, 05:48 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder who Henri-Antoine de Ligne will marry? If he will marry into the aristocracy, an upperclass girl (old money or nouveau riche), a “commoner” or someone from a completely different background
Old 07-16-2022, 02:18 PM
Majesty

They are 2 Houses of Princes
Prince Michel de Ligne , Head of the House married Princess Eleonore of Orleans Bragance and are living in the Caste of Beloeil.
Prince Charles Anrtoine de Ligne Trémouille and his wife Alyette are living in the Castle of Antoing.
Their Son Edouard married Isabelle an actrice who brought the bacon in the House . 80% of posts in this thread are hers.
Old 07-16-2022, 02:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
They are 2 Houses of Princes
Prince Michel de Ligne , Head of the House married Princess Eleonore of Orleans Bragance and are living in the Caste of Beloeil.
Prince Charles Anrtoine de Ligne Trémouille and his wife Alyette are living in the Castle of Antoing.
Their Son Edouard married Isabelle an actrice who brought the bacon in the House . 80% of posts in this thread are hers.
I am aware there are two official branches, but I simply steered the thread from the Ligne de LaTremoille branch to the more well known branch associated with the Luxembourg and Orléans-Braganza dynasty as the heir and only son of this branch is over 30 and unmarried, so I wonder who he will marry or at least are there potential matches
Old 08-16-2022, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Death of Prince Wauthier de Ligne, aged 70, on 15 August 2022, after a long illness.

https://www.lavenir.net/regions/wall...NTI5EJMABOHOE/
Old 08-16-2022, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGyamfi1 View Post
I am aware there are two official branches, but I simply steered the thread from the Ligne de LaTremoille branch to the more well known branch associated with the Luxembourg and Orléans-Braganza dynasty as the heir and only son of this branch is over 30 and unmarried, so I wonder who he will marry or at least are there potential matches
I am not sure they qualify as a branch. They are from the very same descent as the De Lignes but only did add the ancient, most noble and most respected maternal surname de La Trémoïlle. The title however, remains the same: prince de Ligne.

Son Altesse Édouard Lamoral Rodolphe de Ligne de La Trémoïlle, prince de Ligne.

Usually a branch means: von Sachsen-Coburg as Kings of Belgium, von Sachsen-Coburg as Kings of Bulgaria, von Sachsen-Coburg as Dukes in the German ancestral lands, Von Sachsen-Coburg as Kings of the United Kingdom, etc.
Old 08-16-2022, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Death of Prince Wauthier de Ligne, aged 70, on 15 August 2022, after a long illness.

https://www.lavenir.net/regions/wall...NTI5EJMABOHOE/
Is he the younger brother of the head of the house? R.I.P Prince de Ligne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I am not sure they qualify as a branch. They are from the very same descent as the De Lignes but only did add the ancient, most noble and most respected maternal surname de La Trémoïlle. The title however, remains the same: prince de Ligne.

Usually a branch means: von Sachsen-Coburg as Kings of Belgium, von Sachsen-Coburg as Kings of Bulgaria, von Sachsen-Coburg as Dukes in the German ancestral lands, Von Sachsen-Coburg as Kings of the United Kingdom, etc.
Understood. Thank you.
Old 08-16-2022, 04:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

One can say that he was a prince de Ligne, but the title is simply "Prince" and the surname is "de Ligne", or "de Ligne de La Trémoïlle".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
As shown in the rules of the Belgian national register, the only titles of nobility that are registered with a designation are "King/Queen of the Belgians", "Prince/ss of Belgium" and "Duke/Duchess of Brabant". All other titles of nobility are legally in the form "Prince/ss", "Duke/Duchess" etc. without further designation, even if they are associated with a surname (which is a separate thing).

https://www.ibz.rrn.fgov.be/fileadmi...e_noblesse.pdf

code titre : le titre de noblesse est codé par 2 chiffres conformément au tableau ci-dessous :
Prince
Princesse

Duc
Duchesse
Marquis
Marquise
Comte
Comtesse
Vicomte
Vicomtesse
Baron
Baronne
Chevalier
Ecuyer
Archiduc
Archiduchesse

Grand-Duc
Grande-Duchesse
Roi des Belges
Reine des Belges
Prince de Belgique
Princesse de Belgique
Duc de Brabant,
Prince de Belgique
Duchesse de Brabant,
Princesse de Belgique

Quote:
I would say that any individual lineage of a family may be referred to as a branch of it.
Old 08-16-2022, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Charlotte de Ligne née de La Trémoille (1892 – 1971) was heiress-general to her father and so is considered to be the XII duchesse de Thouars, XI duchesse de La Trémoïlle, XIV princesse de Tarente, XVIII princesse de Talmond and XVIII comtesse de Laval.

But the French Republic does not do these titles and the Belgian Nobility knows no succession of noble titles by daughters. So her son and grandson "only" are prince de Ligne.
Old 08-16-2022, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Princess Charlotte de Ligne née de La Trémoille (1892 – 1971) was heiress-general to her father and so is considered to be the XII duchesse de Thouars, XI duchesse de La Trémoïlle, XIV princesse de Tarente, XVIII princesse de Talmond and XVIII comtesse de Laval.

But the French Republic does not do these titles and the Belgian Nobility knows no succession of noble titles by daughters. So her son and grandson "only" are peince de Ligne.

But were not french titles also inhrerited only in the male line and not through the female line`? Or was it different with these titles?

Old 08-16-2022, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But were not french titles also inhrerited only in the male line and not through the female line`? Or was it different with these titles?
Not that I know but at least Princess Charlotte herself was the last agnate in patrilineal line from the Maison de La Trémoïlle.

In some House Laws is stipulated that the most senior female agnate is -for the purpose of the succession- seen as a male when there are no male agnates. I have no idea how that is in the Maison de La Trémoïlle but I think it is only theoretical as neither France nor Belgium see them as ducs de Thouars, ducs de La Trémoïlle, princes de Tarente, princes de Talmond and comtes de Laval.
Old 08-16-2022, 08:42 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Wauthier de Ligne (b.1952) died on 15 August 2022. He was a son of Prince Antoine de Ligne and Princess Alix of Luxembourg. Wauthier’s first cousin is Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg.

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....1952-2022.html
Old 08-16-2022, 09:15 PM
Majesty

Do the de Lignes require an 'equal marriage' (or just an approved marriage)? Because if not, I assume his eldest son prince Philippe is now second in line to the headship of the house (and his grandson prince Jean-Charles third) given that the current prince's son (and heir) is still single and without child. Or was his own marriage (and that of his younger brother Antoine) not acknowledged as they only married countesses instead of princesses?
Old 08-16-2022, 10:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Do the de Lignes require an 'equal marriage' (or just an approved marriage)? Because if not, I assume his eldest son prince Philippe is now second in line to the headship of the house (and his grandson prince Jean-Charles third) given that the current prince's son (and heir) is still single and without child. Or was his own marriage (and that of his younger brother Antoine) not acknowledged as they only married countesses instead of princesses?
I’m not sure the de Lignes necessarily have strict rules on marriages because some of the family members have married commoners. I don’t think Prince Wauthier’s marriage to a Countess of the Van Renesse family was a problem because they are an old noble family originally from the Netherlands, but I think his wife is from the Belgian branch of the family. More importantly, I don’t think the marriage was a problem and I think his son is in the succession.

Tags
belgian nobility, belgium, ligne, nobility