Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events 2: April 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on Tessy’s Instagram story she asked followers to send her questions which she would pick from to answer later that day. One of the questions she selected to answer was “which is your favourite tiara?” I didn’t hear her answer as my phone was turned down but why on earth pick that question?!

I saw on Tessy’s Instagram story she asked followers to send her questions which she would pick from to answer later that day. One of the questions she selected to answer was “which is your favourite tiara?” I didn’t hear her answer as my phone was turned down but why on earth pick that question?!

Honest answer from Tessy should be: "I have not one diadem."

she said they all gorgeous but the wine leaves one is her favorite (she wore it to her last National Day gala) :flowers:

she also answered questions about Lux family and Louis

Last edited:
think she is including time separated as well maybe?

She was also asked if she missed being married, and her answer was that she missed being married to the man she married. Implying Louis had changed during their marriage of course.

She went on to mention how good a father Louis was and that she still counted him as her best friend.

Now that she is no longer in a public royal sphere in Luxembourg, she seems to be definitely treating her current lifestyle as that of a celebrity one - it's just a fun feature on Instagram but royals don't tend to do such "question and answer" sessions - especially by answering questions about the family and her former marriage (and, even tiaras). Many Instagrammers are having fun with this new feature but whilst Tessy is still using her princely title and thus still has somewhat of a connection to the GDF I think she should have been more general with questions asked (she should have sticked to answering the kind of questions such as "what is your favourite restaurant in Luxembourg" as one of her followers asked her, rather than questions about her private life). I don't think this to be purposefully restrictive or "old-fashioned", but because I worry that gossip magazines or the tabloids will notice this and spin these questions into juicy gossip stories, and we know that Tessy does not respond very well to these.

Since they married fairly young, its not surprising that Louis has changed. IMO you can see that Tessy has changed as well. That's what happens (or is supposed to at least) when you age...you mature (at least that's the hope). For some couples who marry young, they mature at the same pace or one picks up the slack for the other or it simply doesn't work. That's the chance in any relationship to be honest...whether you marry or committed to each other without the legal necessities or you are young and/or old.

That being said, Tessy needs to acknowledge that without her marriage to Louis and all that it entails comes the good and the bad. I am not saying that she doesn't but she gives the impression (to me anyway) that she is just a regular woman. No, you are not.

Likewise, if you consistently put yourself out there in regards to social media...people rightly or wrongly feel the need to share their opinions about your life. You are, after all, sharing it with the world.

Frankly, I am old school and I don't understand the need to share EVERYTHING with everyone but that is just me. I guess my point is, there are some stories that need to be told and some that don't. Something to think about.

Ehh… I still think she should build up Tessy Antony. Well, there are plenty of women who keep their ex-husbands' last name so maybe it's possible? If Louis didn't object to "de Nassau" or divorce isn't final, Tessy can continue to use Princess, de Nassau, whatever combination she wants for now.

I took another look at Louis' new birthday photo. He should have shaved or started growing the mustache/beard earlier. The Cour updated his bio:
Prince Louis graduated from Birkbeck University in London and now holds a Master's degree in Psychosocial Studies. Currently Prince Louis lives in Paris and works as a consultant for Laurent Meeschaert Conseil.
2018 English PDF

Last edited:
Wow. Most of the photos she's used look like screenshots that have been blown up too large and lost their resolution in the process. It's pretty much amateur hour.

It just seems so pointless, what is the point of this website? To promote herself it seems, stick to instagram I'd say!

Wow. I can't believe I used to admire her. The website just reeks of narcissism.

i too liked tessy a lot, but all this self-promotion is becoming a bit much. i am starting to doubt if she does all her 'humanitarian' work because she cares or because of the personal benefit it has for her and her profile. proof of this is that she is totally inconsistent across her channels: for example, in this interview she is asked:

"You support lots of
charities: which cause is
closest to your heart?
Any cause that involves young
adolescents because they are the
future of our society"

yet, in her website, there is no mention of young adolescents or anything like it. how can it be the cause closest to her heart when she doesn't even feature it on her website? it would seem to me that any cause that attracts public and media attention will be the one 'closest to her heart'.

:previous: So true. It is unfortunate that she has gone this route, and it's very off-putting. The simple fact of the matter is, if it weren't for the title that came with marrying Prince Louis, she wouldn't be asked to speak in any of these events. These titles she bestows on herself are also strange--"philanthropist", "activist", "humanitarian"-- those are titles that have to be earned, and titles bestowed on somebody by others. The way she's doing things is simply cringe-worthy. She has to earn her stripes first, to deserve those titles by researching thoroughly the causes she supports and approaching them with more sincerity, rather than just some tools for her to help her build her brand.

I find it odd that she has tagged various fan accounts in the photo, as royals and celebrities don't tend to tag fan accounts as such in photos on Instagram. It's nice that she interacts with fan accounts but it just seems strange to tag them in a post to me.

For this sort of adventurers, in 2002 Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands established the Foundation Sigillis Regiis Praesidio (means: "For the Protection of the Royal Seals"). The ownership rights of the royal titles, names, seals, crests, symbols, coat of arms, flags, portrait rights, intellectual properties or even the designation "royal" have been handed over into the ownership of a separate Foundation, under guardianship of a board of three prestigious lawyers.In several lawsuits this Foundation has succesfully intervened against unauthorized use of their properties. Now with Tessy's antics on social media, I feel the Luxembourgers could have been more pro-active...

:whistling:

i too liked tessy a lot, but all this self-promotion is becoming a bit much. i am starting to doubt if she does all her 'humanitarian' work because she cares or because of the personal benefit it has for her and her profile. proof of this is that she is totally inconsistent across her channels: for example, in this interview she is asked:

"You support lots of
charities: which cause is
closest to your heart?
Any cause that involves young
adolescents because they are the
future of our society"

yet, in her website, there is no mention of young adolescents or anything like it. how can it be the cause closest to her heart when she doesn't even feature it on her website? it would seem to me that any cause that attracts public and media attention will be the one 'closest to her heart'.

I agree with this. As I mentioned last night, I thought the way she tagged fan accounts was rather attention-seeking too, as if to say "look everyone, these people at least love me". I know this probably sounds nitpicky, but the whole thing just seems attention-seeking for me. I'm getting a bit tired of how she feels the need to promote herself as a philanthropist and a humanitarian all the time, on every social media platform. Interesting to note that most philanthropists and humanitarians don't give themselves the titles and are referred to as such by others after their work has been recognised!

Tessy would be better keeping her head down and doing some real charity work, finding one thing she is really interested in and focussing on that and making herself well informed and knowledgable about it. If she did that people may refer to her as a humanitarian in time for all her hard work on the chosen issue.

The reality is, Tessy doesn't know what she wants to focus on, she says the right things but when you look at her words properly they are empty, who doesn't want to support young people doing well? Everyone does really! She wants to be able to say she is a humanitarian and philanthropist by simply saying good things. Her work with Professors without Borders was really good but then came all the other things as well and we stopped hearing as much about it, stop spreading yourself so thin on every new issue Tessy and stick to one.

TBH most people I know would use philanthropist to describe someone who donates a lot of their own money towards a good cause, e.g. Bill and Melinda Gates. Again I wouldn't expect anyone to start calling themselves one.

Tessy would be better keeping her head down and doing some real charity work, finding one thing she is really interested in and focussing on that and making herself well informed and knowledgable about it. If she did that people may refer to her as a humanitarian in time for all her hard work on the chosen issue.

The reality is, Tessy doesn't know what she wants to focus on, she says the right things but when you look at her words properly they are empty, who doesn't want to support young people doing well? Everyone does really! She wants to be able to say she is a humanitarian and philanthropist by simply saying good things. Her work with Professors without Borders was really good but then came all the other things as well and we stopped hearing as much about it, stop spreading yourself so thin on every new issue Tessy and stick to one.

TBH most people I know would use philanthropist to describe someone who donates a lot of their own money towards a good cause, e.g. Bill and Melinda Gates. Again I wouldn't expect anyone to start calling themselves one.

Agreed. And If Tessy really wants to be a person whom people take seriously, and to be known from her work, she should not post photos like this to her Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmjO-2ghQe6/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Now she has been suffering from burnout? If so Tessy needs to just get the help she really needs and have some time away.

Prince Louis, Tessy and Family, News & Events, Part 2 (April 2017 - present)

That Instagram photo is a bit of a worry as she looks a bit contorted in the sun. I can’t help feeling there’s something more going on beneath the bravado.

At her website she is Tessy de Nassau, Princess of Luxembourg.
At her Twitter she is Tessy Antony, Princess de Luxembourg.
At her Instagram she is tessy_from_luxembourg

On Instagram she calls herself Theresa as well... (in her description and the tag that shows up in your tab).

Tessy is in Toronto for the African Fashion Week

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnK6SI-BrNO/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Tessy on the day two of the African Fashion Week

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnNex21BMSN/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnNNhDAh6oW/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Tessy at the last day of the African Fashion Week receives the the Global Empowerment Award!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnPbhmDBZFi/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnQCluwBKDS/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

And before leaves from Toronto some relax Jetski time for Tessy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnSKrSnBDXk/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

Prince Noah celebrating his 11th Birthday on 21 September and starting the celebrations!

"My Baby is no longer a baby. Almost 11. Pre b day party today was a huge success da mama sei groussen jong! Sin sou stolz ob dech Noah! Du bass e super jong!"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnfUINMX4AIcsmT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tessy is writing a book on her burnout...
"Stay tuned for my book (2019-2020) on burnout and the message one should learn from it. ..."
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm81yK8hbAb/?taken-by=tessy_from_luxembourg

:ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

On Instagram she calls herself Theresa as well... (in her description and the tag that shows up in your tab).

Theresa sounds so much more poised than Tessy. Similar to Catherine vs Kate.

But it was never meant that Tessy would be a princess, so once the Court started to call her Tessy in communications, after three years (granting her the right to be styled as a princess) it was hard to change it overnight to Thérèse or Theresa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom