Ruling Family of Qatar: Al Thani Dynasty, News and Current Events 1: 2005-2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually if anything some of the leaders in Arab countries (I'm not talking about the emir) have been accused of treating the jockeys poorly not the horses. They treat the horses like princes but abuse humans. Like I said I've never heard about the emir but i know other Middle eastern leaders have been accused of exploiting humans.

Ardaa is the traditional sword dance. It was traditionally done before battles now it is done on special occasions: Eid, weddings, national days. There are a lot of videos of sheikh tamim doing ardaa. There are some of sheikh jassim too. I really love the ardaa and jassim looks amazing doing it. Then again he always looks amazing to me. Check it out onenoble83 you will find videos of sheikh tamim. Btw may I
ask your nationality?

Last edited by a moderator:
I´ve heard the same,in Dubai they were forced to ban minors from riding camel-races-the small boys came from Bangladesh,India,Pakistan etc.and were forced to work under extremely bad conditions...I don´t know about Qatar but in most Gulf countries horses are adored and respected, the owners have a lot of pride in their animals and do everything to make sure they stay healthy&pretty.Some even taste the food of the horses to see if it´s good...this seems disgusting to me,but it shows how much they care about the well-being of their horses.

@C_Ma-if you really care about this issue you should write to the people in charge,they might listen to your advice and they don´t gain anything from treating their horses badly-I´m sure they will do something if anything is going wrong in their stables.

Last edited:
Ardaa is the traditional sword dance. It was traditionally done before battles now it is done on special occasions: Eid, weddings, national days. There are a lot of videos of sheikh tamim doing ardaa. There are some of sheikh jassim too. I really love the ardaa and jassim looks amazing doing it. Then again he always looks amazing to me. Check it out onenoble83 you will find videos of sheikh tamim. Btw may I
ask your nationality?

i understood i watched it this beatiful dance alot but i did'nt know its special name . i love this dance . Thanks

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to find the pictures of al-sadd club arriving in doha. I know sheikh jassim led the supporters in celebration of al sadd winning Asian champions league. I would love to see the pictures ( I know there has to be some) of sheikh jassim being happy. The emir was there as well. I've tried looking for them but I can't.

Does anyone know where to find the pictures of al-sadd club arriving in doha. I know sheikh jassim led the supporters in celebration of al sadd winning Asian champions league. I would love to see the pictures ( I know there has to be some) of sheikh jassim being happy. The emir was there as well. I've tried looking for them but I can't.

There was a wonderful reception for Alsadd team after his arrival to Doha international airport There were a large number of important figures within the airport to welcome with Alsadd team .Emir' brother Sheik Mohamed Bin Khalifa ( Alsadd president ) , Sheik Souad Bin Abdurrahman ( General secretary of Qatar Olympic committee ) , Sheik Hamad Bin Khalifa Bin Ahmed ( president of Qatar football association )

http://www.raya.com/mritems/streams/2011/11/7/2_603142_1_212.pdf

Last edited:
Political Change Spurs Economy and Scientific Research :Sheikha Hanadi

Doha, November 07 (QNA) - Reforms and political changes catalyse economic growth which in turns encourages youth to engage in scientific research and innovation, one of Qatar's leading business woman has said.Speaking to Qatar News Agency (QNA), Al Waab City CEO and Founder of Amwal investment company Sheikha Hanadi bint Nasser Al Thani said, "With political change come economic changes and these have an effect on scientific innovation as well."

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/Local_Ne...yandScientificResearch,SaysSheikhaHanadi.aspx

Last edited:
Doha Hosts WNGC on Tuesday

Doha, November 12 (QNA) - Doha is set to host next Tuesday the first World Natural Gas Conference (WNGC) at the initiative of HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani with a view to coordinating efforts between the gas producers to further enhance and upgrade the gas industry globally and step up cooperation among them to secure gas supplies across the world plus exchanging expertise on how best to upgrade gas technology.

QNA | Economics | Doha Hosts WNGC on Tuesday

Sheikha Hanadi to address students

Sheikha Hanadi Nasser bin Khaled al-Thani has been named as guest speaker at this month’s TEDxYouth@Doha event, part of the worldwide celebrations to mark the United Nations Universal Children’s Day celebration.She is the CEO of the Al Waab City Real Estate Development Project, and Deputy CEO of Nasser bin Khaled al-Thani & Sons Group.

Gulf Times ? Qatar?s top-selling English daily newspaper - Qatar

HH the Emir Chairs Supreme Council for Economic Affairs and Investment

Doha, November 14 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani who is also President of the Supreme Council for Economic Affairs and Investment (SCEAI) , presided over the 4th meeting of the SCEAI, 2011, held at the Emiri Diwan Premises here Monday. The meeting was attended by HH Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani , who is also the vice-presidet of the SCEAI.

QNA | News | HH the Emir Chairs Supreme Council for Economic Affairs and Investment

HH the Emir Opens First Summit of Gas Exporting Countries Forum

Doha, November 15 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani patronized on Tuesday morning the opening of the First Summit of Gas Exporting Countries at the Doha Sheraton Hotel.After some verses from the Holy Qur''an were recited, HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani delivered a welcoming address in which he expressed profound thanks to Their Excellencies and representatives of Member States for accepting the invitation to attend the First Summit of the Gas Exporting Countries’ Forum, which has become one of the most important forums .

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/Local_News/Politics2/Pages/HHtheEmirOpensFirstSummitofGasExp15112011.aspx

pictures

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/QNA_GasForu-m203215112011-(.jpg
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/Q-NA_GasFo-rum203215112011-.jpg
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/QNA_Gas-Foru-m2-03215112011.jpg

First Summit of Gas Exporting Countries Forum Concludes in Doha

Doha, November 15 (QNA) - The First Summit of Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) concluded here on Tuesday afternoon at Doha Sheraton Hotel with the attendance of HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. HH the Emir, the Chairman of the First Summit of Gas Exporting Countries Forum, made public the end of the summit and the issuing of the "Doha Declaration.

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/News_bulletin/News/Pages/11-11-15-1530_61_0041.aspx

Arab Foreign Ministers Open Emergency Meeting in Rabat on Syria

Rabat, November 16 (QNA) - The emergency Arab foreign ministers meeting , chaired by Qatar's Prime Minister and Foreign Minister HE Sheikh Hamad Bin Jassim Bin Jabor Al Thani, chairman of the current session of the Arab ministerial council, opened here Wednesday.The meeting is discussing the latest developments of the Syrian crisis and Syria's implementation of the Arab initiative which calls for ending violence and the military presence in cities as well as release of all political prisoners.

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/Local_News/Politics2/Pages/ArabForeignMinistersOpenEmergenc16112011.aspx

HH the Emir Visits Katara First Traditional Dhow Exhibition

Doha, November 17 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani visited on Thursday morning the First Traditional Dhow Exhibition which organized by Katara Cultural Village. HH the Emir toured the exhibition various booths during which he was briefed on the showcased dhows.

QNA | Politics | HH the Emir Visits Katara First Traditional Dhow Exhibition

Emir sets up price watch committee

DOHA: The Emir H H Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani yesterday issued a decision setting up a special committee at the Ministry of Business and Trade to monitor prices of commodities and services.The committee has been set up following a directive by the Heir Apparent H H Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani to “reduce the unjustified increase in the prices of some commodities and services

Doha Bank is striving to create more job opportunities for Qatari citizens and to fully participate in the aims and achievements of the Qatar National Vision 2030 set forth by HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani.

Gulf Times ? Qatar?s top-selling English daily newspaper - Qatar

DOHA: To celebrate five successful years in Qatar, INJAZ Qatar, a non-profit organisation that prepares and inspires youth to succeed in a global economy, .“I am very pleased to see the growing support INJAZ Qatar has received since its inception in 2007. The gala dinner not only provides an opportunity to celebrate our fifth anniversary in Qatar and recognise all our partners but it is also a chance for Qatar’s business community to continue supporting the youth of Qatar and help sustain our programs,” said Sheikha Hanadi Al Thani, Chairwoman of INJAZ Qatar.

Injaz dinner on Nov 29

HH The Emir Patronizes Launch of Pearl Gas-to-Liquids Project

Doha,November 22 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani patronized on Monday the launch of Pearl Gas-to-Liquids (GTL) project in Ras Laffan industrial city.The ceremony started with a recital of verses from the holy Quran, followed by a visual documentary on the history of the State of Qatar spanning the urban and industrial development.

QNA | News | HH The Emir Patronizes Launch of Pearl Gas-to-Liquids Project

Telegraph.co.uk said:
Almost exactly a year ago, the Queen hosted a state dinner for one of the world’s more colourful couples, the portly Emir of Qatar and his spectacularly attired wife, Sheikha Mozah. I wrote at the time that there were two interesting things about their tiny country, which few Britons could pinpoint on a map and even fewer pronounce properly. One was banal: it was very rich. The second struck me as odd, but it was what a number of people had told me: one diplomat said, “Everyone suddenly seems to hate Qatar.”
In the intervening 12 months, the emirate has become much better known. Its jets have flown alongside our own over Libya. It has showered largesse on pro-democracy movements, even as its pet television station, Al Jazeera, publicised their revolutions. At home, the Emir announced the statelet’s first elections.
Yet the dislike has only got worse. What has the poor old nouveau riche country done?

Full article

60 falcons seized from Qatar royal family
Customs personnel took into custody around 60 falcons from a royal family of Qatar at the Karachi airport late on Tuesday night as the carriers had failed to provide a permission letter for bringing in such a large number of birds. Some reports later suggested that three of the falcons died during custody.

Rabat, November 24 (QNA) -HH the Emir of the State of Qatar Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani , has witnessed together with His Royal Majesty King Mohamed the VI of the Kingdom of Morocco, HH Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Kuwiti Finance Minister Musfata As-Shamali the signing of a partnership contract to establish a tourist investment company in the Kingdom of Morocco.
QNA | News | HH the Emir of Qatar Witnesses Signing of a Tourist Investment Partnership in Morocco
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/Qna_HHEmirarrival24Nov2011-.jpg
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/Qna_HHEmirarrival24N-ov2011.jpg
http://www.qnaol.net/QNAHotNewsPictureLibrary/Qna_QatarMoroccoparte-rship.jpg

Last edited:
HH the Emir Exchanges Greetings on New Hijri Year

Doha, November 25 (QNA) - HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani has cables of congratulations with leaders of the Arab and Islamic countries on the advent of the new Hijri year. HH the Deputy Emir and Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani also exchanged similar congratulatory cables with the leaders and Crown Princes of the Arab and Islamic countries on the occasion.

Doha Arab Games gets school’s support

The Sukaina preparatory school held a sports and culture day in support of the Arab Games Doha 2011, being held in Doha from December 9 to 23. Qatar Heritage and Identity Centre director Sheikha Noora bint Nasser bin Jassem al-Thani, Tunisian embassy’s political attache Nahla al-Bijawi al-Zawawi, and Egyptian embassy’s cultural attache Abdul Moneem Abdul Fetouh were among the guests.

Gulf Times Qatar top-selling English daily newspaper

Doha, November 29 (QNA) -HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani patronized Tuesday evening the graduation of the 34th batch of Qatar University students for 2011 at the headquarters of the university.Following a recital from the holy Quran, Dr Sheikha Bint Abdullah Al Misnad, President of Qatar University lauded HH the Emir''s patronizing of the ceremony and HH''s ceaseless support of the university. She also praised the efforts of HH the Heir Apparent Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani , Chairman of the Qatar University Board of Trustees, for his stewardship which helped the university gain its high reputation locally and abroad.

http://www.qnaol.net/QNAEn/Local_Ne...TheEmirPatronizesQatarUniversity29112011.aspx

Last edited:
I hope the whole family is there for the Doha 2011 opening games and there are pictures. Specifically, Sheikh Mohammed. ;)

I don't Think Sheikh Mohammed Attends The the Opening Ceremony of Arab Games

Last edited:
Sheikh Mohammad will probably be taking his finals. I'm just guessing I hope sheikh jassim is out and about. I would give anything for some more jassim exposure.

Doha, December 04 (QNA) - HE the Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim Bin Jabor Al-Thani has called on Muslim countries to take advantage of their tremendous potentials to serve the development goals. Addressing the inaugural session of the second Conference of the business association in member states of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC) this morning.
QNA | News | Prime Minister Calls on Islamic Countries to Take Advantage of Potentials

Last edited:
Rota honours children with special needs
spacer.gif

Some 70 children with special needs, emerging young Qatari artists and volunteers from the Rota sponsored Al Koora Art Project were recognised in an event held in their honour yesterday. The art project, which was conceptualised and co-ordinated by Rota’s Volunteer Programme, engaged children with special needs from different institutions to participate in an art project dedicated to HH the Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani.
Gulf Times Qatar's top-selling English daily newspaper

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom